Universal Cubemen2 - (by 3 Sprockets)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 5, 2013.

1. seon

seon Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    No, I don't personally know him but we did chat after he posted his review. It's quite a good one :)

Keep the questions coming. I am sure they will help many others here decide on the game too.

Yes, you can play single player, and setup your game as you like. The AI is random within defined rules and you can choose how many opponents and how smart they are, so that will directly change how the game plays as how they defend their own bases or attack others will change.

You can also play single player CTF, Territory and Skirmish that are all VERY different gamer modes, so will have completely different challenges when it comes to the AI as well as the standard Defense and Rescue SP modes.

And most importantly, every level you play on wil totally change your play and strategy.. and there are almost 1400 user levels to play on already, plus the shipping levels :)

2. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Oh, but you did communicate with him directly? That's enough for me. You're a celebrity in my eyes. <3

Sorry, I'm easily starstruck, haha :p

Thank you so much for the answers! It sounds like it has a boatload of options that should help me get used to it :)

Though, after watching his video on it, and the way he was talking about what he should and should not do during the game, it really worried me. I know you said this game is not tactical in the sense that Chess is, but it still sounds like it may be too tactical for me in any case. :( It is only $1.99, though, so I don't see why I don't just download and try it out :p

The graphics look awesome. The music in your trailer is also outstanding. Is the musical selection in the game similarly epic? And while we're on the topic of music, can I play my own music, via the iPod? :D

Thanks a lot for the help thus far :cool:

3. seon

seon Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The in game music is not the same as the trailer music. We have a Cubemen OST on Bandcamp that is the in game music that you can listen to.

No, you can't play your own music from in game, but I think you could start it before hand and turn off the in game music (there is separate volume for SFX and Music), but I am not sure. Have not tried it myself as I am kinda partial to the Cubemen music :)

4. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I see. I didn't know the music was electronic, though! That's equally as good, and the stuff I just listened to for a few seconds on that page sounded great! :D

Well... I usually prefer to use my own music in games, unless it's something that's elevated by its use of its own music, like Quell, Orbital... and that's it, really :p Plus, I'm in another one of my rap phases, so I've been listening to my entire hip-hop library on repeat for the last, like, three weeks. I can't just drop that for Cubemen's music! D: But I may have to :p

I think I'll try it out. Thanks a lot for the help :)

5. seon

seon Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Need some helpers please :)

If anyone here has an iPhone or iPod Touch that is having the over-size UI issue where you don't see a back button in the customise screen, can you please email me off forum at support AT 3sprockets.com so I can hook you up with a testflight build to see if we have fixed the issue for v1.1 ?

Thanks very much :)

6. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
  7. ThisIsAUsername

ThisIsAUsername Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2012
    So... No go on iTouch 4th generation? :(

8. Omnias

Omnias Active Member

Aug 25, 2012
    Texas
    Suggestions and bugs for Cubemen 2

Suggestions: MOAR UNITS!!! (Including the originals)
    8, 4, 2, and 10 way multiplayer, allowing for symmetric levels
    More themes and styles is always welcome too, plus local iPad multiplayer and Bluetooth/local wifi multiplayer.
    More colours like black and white for characters
    Customization like the Emily and Ubuntu
    Up to 20 teleportation pairs per map
    Up to 8-10 healer stations
    10+ full block height limit (or 20+ in new half block measure)
    Hexagonal blocks, maps, and levels for 6 way symmetry
    Adding of more game modes such as the limited number of units maps like in the original.
    Local single iPad, 2 player multiplayer

A high contrast gradient background for the icon similar to CM1, such as Black or Grey would be appreciated. #

Bugs: The IAP glitches in that it forgets that you purchased it and so the thing disappears and becomes inaccessible.

9. seon

seon Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We just submitted v1.1 that has some cool new features, including:

• a new Engineer unit (can remove walls and mines)
    • new Any v Any setup teams games
    • new teams setup lobby for local games + better teams setup of online games
    • up to 6 healing stations in a level
    • 8 new achievements
    • new Big Heads visual mode
    • second defense campaign
    • smarter AI in skirmish/CTF
    • fix for oversized UI on iPod Touch devices (missing back buttons)
    • lots of bug fixes and networking improvements

Hexes? this is Cubemen!

10. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Sweet!

11. seon

seon Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Cubemen v1.1 is rolling out... here is the comprehensive change list for iOS

New
    - Added new ERNIE Engineer unit that can remove walls and mines
    - Added second defense campaign
    - Added a forced Like / Dislike panel to force players to rate user levels after a game if not already rated
    - Added any versus any in teams games (no more 2v2 or 3v3 restrictions)
    - Added new local game teams lobby for assigning teams for non-network games
    - Added ability to set AI players teams in network game lobby
    - Added fireworks at the end of games for the victor
    - Added "End Game" in the pause screen for Defense Endless wave games that will take you to the end of game screen
    - Added new animated enemy paths at the start of game for Defense and Campaign modes
    - Added new achievements for new teams setup and stats for clearing mines and walls
    - Added theme selectors in Campaign mode
    - Added BIG HEADS customisation ( look in customise screen )
    - Added new game hint on game start
    - Added more stats to stats & scores screen
    - Added campaign scores (current state and rank etc) to stats & scores screen
    - Added flashing news button for when new news is available to read
    - Added number of waves in level details on campaign intro screen

Improved
    - Improved AI smarts for MP games so they now defend their bases more at the start of the game
    - Can now add up to 6 healing stations in a user level in the level editor
    - Improved some in game UI
    - Improved a stack of networking code

Fixed
    - Fixed Lightning units not targeting sometimes
    - Fixed cube icons not being set to correct team colours in Skirmish
    - Fixed double entry of some scores in the level preview screen
    - Fixed destroyed bases not being correct colours
    - Fixed teams network games having broken bases sometimes
    - Fixed AI units not getting assigned scores/cubes in network games on some machines
    - Fixed Lightning units not using correct team colour lights when shooting lightning
    - Fixed some of the achievements trophy icons not having transparent backgrounds
    - Fixed unit thumbnails in stats panels to be correct colour based on team/customisation settings
    - Fixed the UI being the wrong size on iPod touch devices

Have fun!

12. Twenty One

Twenty One Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Oil & Gas Engineer
    Oklahoma City, USA
    Thanks!

Thank you very much seon! I know everyone really appreciates your communication here and your continued support on this AWESOME game! :D

13. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Thanks to the developer for the nice update; it is refreshing to see them so active on the forum.

14. seon

seon Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Thanks guys. I hope you are liking the update :)

15. Bischi777

Bischi777 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Since the update i cant open a new game as a host it always crashes. I tried it on iphone 5 and ipad 3.

Anybody else has this problem?

16. seon

seon Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Hi, sorry for the delay. Tried to stay off the computer for a few hours ;)

There is a crash bug on iOS when hosting private games that we introduced in v1.1 :mad:, but you should be able to host public games with out any issues.

We are working on a 1.12 update that we will be submitting in a few days that fixes a few bugs including the hosting bug.

It also dramatically reduces memory usage and improves performance on all iOS devices so will hopefully tackle some of the random out of memory crashes some people have been getting.

Cheers :)

17. Bischi777

Bischi777 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Good to hear! Thanks for the info.

18. brothamannp11911

brothamannp11911 Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Fantastic game, thanks for it! It finally breaks me of my only playing Foursaken Media games addiction :) :) :)

Just some thoughts as I've been playing...

The zoom in/out and rotate actions on my iPad 4 are not very responsive. Is that an issue on my end or are others having it as well?

Does the height of characters affect their firing abilities? i.e. putting a sniper up high, does he have better chance of hitting someone and someone not having as good a chance of hitting him?

Don't even know if its possible, but an FPS/3rd person perspective might be kind of fun... I also don't know if it would be a good fit... Block Fortress really does this well and Cubemen really does tactical well...

A machine gun Mann? A guy who fires off a rapid burst of not directly aimed but multiple shots?

A Giant George who has a bunch of hp and is slow, only close quarter combat? or Behemoth Bertha haha just suggesting more female names :)

Jumpack Jane who can jump 5 or so squares with some cooldown period?

---------

You guys know what you are doing, just thought I'd share some ideas I had while playing!!!

19. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    ^^ Close combat guys would be cool, with swords or something

20. Alister

Alister Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2012
    Philippines
    Yeah close combat is cool but I'd rather have chainsaws than swords...hehe