Universal Cubemen2 - (by 3 Sprockets)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Jun 5, 2013.

1. C. Stubb

C. Stubb Active Member

Mar 10, 2013
    ...Living.
    On Earth.
    Thanks a bunch for checking that out for me. If it runs without crashing out, that's good enough for me. For $2 I'm willin to take a little risk.

2. seon

seon Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Not only does it work on the iPad2, but you also get 6 player MP games too now, not limited to only 4 player games like in CM1 :)

3. C. Stubb

C. Stubb Active Member

Mar 10, 2013
    ...Living.
    On Earth.
    Alright, tried to play it on my 4th gen iPod, and it pretty much sucked. So beware 4th Gen iPods touch users, this DOES NOT run on your device, even though it says so on both the developer's description and the iTunes information.

4. seon

seon Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Hm, sorry, we have changed the description to specify 5th gen+. We had only tested it on a 5th gen, but was under the (clearly incorrect) understanding that gen 4 iPod touch was closer to an iPhone 4s than iPhone 4.

Please feel free to contact Apple for a refund. I am truly sorry.

5. Twenty One

Twenty One Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Oil & Gas Engineer
    Oklahoma City, USA
    This game is AWESOME!

That is all...

6. Bischi777

Bischi777 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2013
    #46 Bischi777, Jun 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2013
    I can't find where i can change the enemy skins... In the settings menu you can change "ramdom bot skins" but i still can find out where to change it.

Appart from that: really great game. Especially multiplayer. But the controls to change the view are really slugish... Zooming in and out is sometimes really anoying.

7. seon

seon Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    You can't change enemy skins. They are either randomly assigned or off based on the settings in the settings screen.

You can only set your own skin.

8. Bischi777

Bischi777 Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2013
    Sad but thanks. It was possible in cubemen 1 :-(

9. seon

seon Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We have lots planned for CM2, so you never know, it may make it into a future version :)

10. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Can't believe how much I'm loving this game and playing it so much I couldn't resist picking up the "my craft" theme :D
    Now where are those "my craft" player skin packs :D

Seriously though this is great, I enjoyed the first game but there's something about the sequel that's even better,

-is there a way to delete a level that I've created though? As I could only find options to delete levels from other people and not the ones I'd made:confused:

11. seon

seon Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    #51 seon, Jun 7, 2013
    Once you have published a level as PUBLIC it cannot be deleted. If it hasn't been published as public, if you click on it's thumbnail and go to the level preview screen, you should see a red Delete button.

Is there a reason you want to delete it if you made it public?

Oh, and thanks for the kinds words about Cubemen 2. We worked VERY hard to make it better in every aspect, and we have some awesome new stuff on the way.

12. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Only reason was I was unsure how much memory these levels would take up so I didn't want to make/download lots of them without being able to delete them.

13. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Just beat level 15 :D once I had 4 upgraded gunners in position there was nothing they could do :eek:

Attached Files:

14. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Assuming this sequel is relatively new, I think I saw some screenshots and videos of the original game on PC, and it looked really interesting. The aesthetic is so simple, yet also interesting.

I am not a fan of tower defense games, though, so I never gave it a shot. It is a tower defense game, right?

15. oooooomonkey

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    It's tower defence but your guys are not fixed down so you can always just click a guy and send him somewhere else.
    it feels a bit like tower defence with a some RTS mixed in.

16. tops2

tops2 Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2011
    #56 tops2, Jun 7, 2013
    Edit: Nevermind my old question...

17. MasterChief3624

Oct 11, 2009
    Hm... That sounds a little more tailored to my tastes, though I'm not very good at tactical thinking in that regard (for RTS games and such).

Is it still a fun game for a casual player that has no idea how to strategize in these kinds of games?

18. seon

seon Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Ahh, levels are made up of many parts, the level data (compressed text files), thumbnails and lightmaps, but overall, they are not super big.

Currently, if you remove a level from your favourites, it only removes the level data and not the thumbnails and lightmaps.

If that becomes an issue, we may add the ability to clean up your level data in a future update. Cheers :)

19. seon

seon Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    There is strategy involved but it is not a 10 steps ahead type strategy, but an as you go system so you it's not like playing chess.

That said, it can get very fast and throw you in the thick of it, but we offer a HUGE range of game options to allow you to play against less enemies, or less advanced ones etc, so you can ease yourself into the craziness of 6 player full on games :)

20. MasterChief3624

Oct 11, 2009
    #60 MasterChief3624, Jun 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
    I see... hm...

So I can play as a single player, and manipulate the options as I see fit for my skill level? Does the AI ever repeat itself? Like will their strategy be the same every time you play a certain level?

Sorry for so many questions. :)

Edit: NO WAY! Northernlion did a Let's Look At of this! He's my favorite YouTuber :D :D :D You had an awesome trailer, and now I shall watch his Let's Look At. Do you know him? <3