iPad Cubelex from Gamesmith Studios

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by gamesmithstudios, Jun 9, 2009.

1. gamesmithstudios

Mar 4, 2009
    Hello everyone,

Yes it's a puzzle game, yes we have a million of them on the appstore but Cubelex is a simple casual cube game properly executed.

You've got the basis and full feature game play which makes it great for quick games on the way to/from work. Great soundtrack and smooth controls.

http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=316748268&mt=8

For the lucky first to see this post i have promo codes for ya;

6WLJXAFLMWFN
    NEP33TJL9ANR
    RAMLFMTPA7L7
    NWNTPJ33YWF7
    NRW4T3TX44PA
    X63TXYY3FEJR

Alli can ask is to give a review and rate as you see fit on Appstore and have a look at our other games available ;)

Cheers,

2. redsoxsrule424

redsoxsrule424 Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    Imo this game is actually pretty good. It has great graphics and gameplay. As their app description says its sortof like bejeweled.

3. LordGek

LordGek Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    NEP33TJL9ANR

Thanks.

4. squirpe

squirpe Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Software Developer
    Honolulu, HI
    6WLJXAFLMWFN and thanks!

5. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Bummer, can't sign in at work. :(

6. davidovich

davidovich Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    I snagged NWNTPJ33YWF7. Be back in a minute to post review
    Thank you!!!!!

7. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    Snagged RAMLFMTPA7L7

THanks

8. brendons

brendons Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2009
    nooooo all gone

damn i wanted to try this :(

9. gamesmithstudios

Mar 4, 2009
    It's really worth more than 99 cents ;)

You wont regret it, go get it!

10. davidovich

davidovich Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2008
    I'd say it's worth more than 99 cents too, and I'm not just saying that because of the free code. Graphically, the game is sharp. Gameplay-wise, it plays a lot like tetris, obviously, but reminds me of one of all time favorite games on the DS, which was Meteos. I haven't played long enough to see if there are any power-ups yet, as I've only played the basic level on easy for about 15-20 minutes. Basically you drag colored squares left and right only. Moving a a stack of squares on top of each other involves a little strategy because moving in this manner requires you to move all the square blocks above the one you are trying to relocate in order to form your match of three. I realize that sounds confusing, but it's not. Perhaps, some of our other, more eloquent Touch Arcade reviewers can elaborate on this a bit more. I've tried a few of these tetris-clones, but this one is more unique to me than some of the other offerings in the App Store. I realize that so many awesome games have been released in the past week, but in my opinion, this game holds its own against any of the other 99 cent apps. The soundtrack is pleasant on the ears, and the quality of the gameplay is there. I've gotta' give it a thumbs up.

11. I've been playing this as well. It's not quite your average match 3 type game. It's derivative, granted, but it's actually quite enjoyable, has a high addiction factor, and sports some pretty spiffy visuals.

12. LordGek

LordGek Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I think it looks and sounds nice and once you add the glass boxes, play becomes a LOT tougher, but I'm still on the fence a bit as to whether this is one of the better puzzlers, polish aside.

13. emilache

emilache New Member

Jun 10, 2009
    #13 emilache, Jun 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
    Hi all,

My name is Emil and I am writing to you as a member of the development team.

Thanks for the comments, we do think the game has something different from the vast majority of "match'em up" games. We desinged this game specifically for the Iphone, and we had a lot of fun playing it (for many many hours).

We do hope the game will get noticed in the hyper-dynamic world of AppStore games, we know for sure we like to play the game a lot.

As for the price, in life good things come free ... or very cheap anyway.

Since there is no Lite version available (yet), here is a demo video of the game (sorry for poor quality, we will do a better one and post it here):

14. mlkaufman

mlkaufman Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    Does it save you state when you quit?

Can you listen to your own music?

Thanks, Michael

15. mlkaufman

mlkaufman Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2009
    Chicago
    To answer my own questions:

You can listen to your own music. It doesn't need to save the game state when you exit.

16. ficbot

ficbot Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    What do you mean by 'it doesn't need to'? I think it does. Right now, when I quit, it throws out the game and if I open up the app again, starts a whole new one. This has made the game a lot less fun because it's too easy on the basic level. By the time tings maybe start getting going, it's too long to start from scratch again next time if I have to stop playing.

Most games I have seem to save your state when you leave. To me, the game not doing this is a serious bug and I am thinking of deleting it until/unless this gets fixed. If I have ten minutes to play, I want to finish a game I already started, not play the same ten beginner minutes every time I open the app.

17. Redegard

Redegard Member

May 11, 2009
    Excellent game, really.
    Two good game modes, nice combo system and difficult enough on the difficult modes.
    SO worth the money.

18. llbros545

llbros545 Active Member

Jun 16, 2009
    If u get the promo codes how do u input it to redeem the app?? Pls Help!

19. pharmx

pharmx Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Stop spamming every thread :(