iPad Cube update is out...

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by davidmdowning42, Nov 24, 2008.

1. davidmdowning42

davidmdowning42 Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2008
    Just curious how much improvement others have noticed. It seems a little better to me, but I dodn't think it was so bad to begin with.

2. along123

along123 Well-Known Member

I played it for a short while and it seems the same to me? I'm looking forward to phartgames FPS instead. :cool:

3. Vende

Vende Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    It's definitely an improvement but gameplay (though not as laggy as before) is still too slow.

4. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    NOTHING changed.
    Same unplayable tech demo on (slow) iPhone 3G.

5. Vende

Vende Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    you sure you got the update? It's definitely faster, but still too slow to actually be fun

6. kadjisan

kadjisan Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2008
    Still laggy and crappy. Its would be nice to change the function of the accelerometer and sensitivity. Especially since it should of been included from the get-go.

It also doesn't have enough polish. Then again, it is free. So complaining is pointless. It is indeed our first FPS! Again, its awesome in its own right.

7. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    What is awesome on an unplayable game?
    It's like devs posting their early works, first level sketches etc
    into the app store and just because they are the first we have
    to find it great?!
    No, I just like it, when it's working. Just ideas don't count...even for free.
    Or should I say "thank you" for crap, as long as it's free? Why?!
    Waiting for major updates...and pay, if they are good!

8. Chase

Chase Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2008
    #8 Chase, Nov 24, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
    I still think its framerate is still very slow and the game needs some new controls. Though, it IS an update. Otherwise, it's still a great example of what's to come, even though it's performance isn't quite there yet.

9. (klondike)

(klondike) Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2008
    It still sucks ass.

10. along123

along123 Well-Known Member

#10 along123, Nov 25, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2008
    I think they have to totally re-built/re-design this game from the grounds up like they did for sauerbraten (copy & paste the spelling!). Maybe, do a 'sauerbraten' specially for the iphone. Then we won't get this problem of un-playability or whatever. Put a price on it if they want to. To support their work of course. If porting all this games doesn't cut it, then instead of wasting time might as well they make money out of it and design a new FPS game. Heck, by now they would have realize that there are gamers out there who like to play an FPS on their iphone, ya?

Personally, I would like a modern tactical warfare FPS on my iphone?

That would be totally sweet. For the moment though, Cube is the only one FPS for me. Until, phart Zombie Mangle (and Zombie Mansion -submitted for Apple approval - I hope there's no stick in there!) ! LoL!

:cool:

11. hyk

hyk Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    Is this game even legal? It obviously has some original quake assets in it.... :confused:

12. ChaoticBox

ChaoticBox Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2008
    Male
    Developer
    Toronto Canada
    No Quake assets - Cube uses the Quake model formats and I believe some of the models/textures were donated by folks who originally created them for Quake 2/3 mods, so there may be some similarities but they are all original and legal.