Universal Cthulhu Chronicles (by MetaArcade)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Asp

Asp Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2017
    All the books are similar in style to the first one.

You have to remember that Call of Cthulhu was written in 1926, for the pulp magazine Weird Tales, and obviously tastes have changed a lot since then. Even the author, H.P. Lovecraft, didn’t think much of it at the time describing it as "rather middling—not as bad as the worst, but full of cheap and cumbrous touches".

Despite that, he has a considerable following now and the Cthulhu Chronicles have tried to capture the ‘charm’ of the original prose.

I’m not familiar with Bloodborne but I presume it is a more contemporary work.

ramzarules likes this.
  2. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    Thank you Asp! Maybe i was overhyped about the whole horror atmosphere.
    The story was good for me as a choose YOA based on mystery, but not horror.

Also Bloodborne is a PS4 action horror multi-award winning game in a world where the more you learn of the world, the more it changes the game and its endings, It is so awsome it has sparked tons of fan fiction and theories about the world and the conclusion of the game.

Look it up if you are interested, but be warned that its difficulty is up there with Dark Souls.

Asp likes this.
  3. Stranded87

Stranded87 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Still loving this. Been taking my time with it but just one book left now. I hope loads more get added.

4. Stranded87

Stranded87 Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2009
    This last book is hard! Which is appropriate I guess (though I'm glad they're not all this hard). The others were all done in 1 or 2 attempts. I've failed this one 3 times now.