iPhone Crystal Siege (Fantasy Tower Defense) - Hero Wanted!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Future777, Aug 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. glamdrac

glamdrac Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
  2. xStatiCa

xStatiCa Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Subscribed. I am looking forward to this.

3. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Awesome, when will it release?

4. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    Holy Graphics Batman!

ETA Please?

And yes! I can't get enough of TD games. Moar please. :D

5. Korbinian@FDG

Korbinian@FDG FDG Entertainment<br />Producer
    Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    Thanks for your interest in the game.
    I got a new screenshot for all of you, showcasing another snow map:
    [​IMG]

6. ogloguy

ogloguy Active Member

Apr 24, 2013
    Game Developer
    The amount of awesomeness is too damn high!

Any updates on the ETA?

7. Korbinian@FDG

Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    We are aiming for a late 2013 or early 2014 release.
    It is very important to us, that the game shines in every aspect.
    So, we will take the time it needs to get everything right :)

8. nemerleb

nemerleb Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    Sssssso any news on this?

9. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    Update/ETA please?

10. glamdrac

glamdrac Well-Known Member

Mar 8, 2010
    Vaporware???

11. Korbinian@FDG

Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    Status update

Hi everyone!

Sorry for being silent for so long :eek:

The game is nearly done. All content is in and we are entering the final phase of polish and balancing. I can not give away an exact date but I can promise that you don't have to wait very long from now on.

Since we are nearly done I think it might also be a good time to give away more detailed information about the game. So starting with today I will update this thread on a regular basis with an in depth look at specific aspects of the game. Let's start :)

The World of Crystal Siege #1: Worldmap, Setting and Story

Crystal Siege is a genre mix of Tower Defense and RPG set in a vibrant fantasy world.
    The games main story plays out in 2 chapters that span across 8 missions each. Below you can see a screenshot of our chapter 1 map:

[​IMG]

Each of those little landmarks, like the cliff with the chain bridge or the crypt, can be found inside the missions and play a crucial role in completing them. This makes every mission very unique and interesting.
    We will offer two difficulty settings for each mission and once you have completed the game a third "extreme" setting will be unlocked, which is our very unique take at new game +. This mode remixes elements from all of the game, making the extreme version of every map very different than the original (a bit similar to what Nintendo did with "New Luigi Bros. U"). For example, a meteor could crash land at the beginning of an extreme map and thus reshape the land to open new paths for monsters.

You might have noticed the games main menu is shaped like a book. We also use this to tell the main story. Here is a small excerpt from the prologue:

[​IMG]

As you can see we aim for a very epic fantasy style when it comes to Crystal Sieges story. The game even has full English voice acting for those narrated passages.
    But apart from those we will also have character dialogues in and in between missions to drive the story even further and to give you a very immersive and believable game world. Thus the games story script is over 500 lines of epic fantasy lore for you to enjoy :D

I hope you enjoyed this little in depth look at some of Crystal sieges elements and stay tuned for part 2 which will give you a detailed look at our RPG elements, especially the loot and magic system.
    Oh and if you have any other questions about the game, feel free to ask!

12. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    #32 JCho133, May 25, 2014
    Last edited: May 25, 2014
    Woah woah woah woah woah, I've never seen this before. This looks really really good, especially the art. Every thing has a smooth look to it, I like it.

I'm surprised people weren't all over this thread after your most recent post. Well, this game is definitely on my radar now.

This and OTTTD will go together nicely.

Question time: how many heroes will there be? How do you control them (if possible)? How many towers will there be? Will there be equipment for heroes? Will it be on iPhone and iPad?

13. nemerleb

nemerleb Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    Nice to have a positive update. So there are 16 levels in total?

14. noah0706

noah0706 Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    A mowing business
    Kannapolis, NC
    This looks like its going to be a great game! Love a good TD.

15. Korbinian@FDG

Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    Most of those questions will be answered in detail in my next post "The World of Crystal Siege #2" but i will give you a quick overview:
    Unlike other TD games, we have one hero. This is your avatar and you can shape it to your liking. We have tons of equipment (think diablo) and a massive magic skill tree. you controll him by drawing a path which he then will follow. This also allows you to give him sort of patroll routes and it just feels super smooth on touch devices :)
    We have 5 base and 10 advanced towers with several levels and we also have a very neat tower customization system i will explain in detail on a later post :D
    Our current plan is to launch iPad first and iPhone shortly after.

@nemerleb: yes, 16 maps and then 16 heavily altered version (they play nearly like complete new maps) after you finished the main game.

16. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    Been lurking this thread for quite some time now, and occassionaly asking for updates. Can't wait to get more info.

17. Korbinian@FDG

Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    You should be getting alot more info on a regular basis now. We just had to stay quiet for a bit since we have many unique ideas we had to keep a secret. But since the game is nearly done, now is the right time to show all the awesome things we got in store for you :D

18. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Can we expect an SD version?

And is this going to be a premium game?

19. Korbinian@FDG

Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    If SD version means iPhone, then yes.

And it is going to be a premium game, yes as well.

20. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I like the one hero idea, that's really cool! This is the first TD to take an actual RPG approach, with having your one character that you fully customize.

OTTTD kinda does it, but that's more of an elaboration on Kingdom Rush's style of multiple heroes.

Will there be different magical beasts for your hero to ride? Or always the Griffin?