Universal Crystal Siege (by FDG Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gamingvideo, Nov 12, 2014.

1. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I'm actually curious about the zoom. Is the game play area the same ratio as it was on the ipad? I hope they at least added some kind of zoom.

2. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Nope, the content is the same as it's original release, no new levels added....yet. Though for the asking price you get plenty to play through, with no legit reason to expect free content updates. Having said that, I'd love some new levels and gear, even if it's a paid expansion.

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Well said man, well said. This is a full game with good content for the asking price, and anything added to this definitely deserves to be paid in one way or another.

4. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    So this is another one of your premium games that are worth it? I am in as soon as it becomes universal.

5. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    It does have IAPs in the game, but none of them are required to play this game. I completed the game without IAPs first, and only bought one of the IAP sets to suppport the devs for the awesome rpg-tower defense hybrid.

May also be good to point out that im not a huge fan of TD titles, but the depth of the RPG side of this made it really easy to love it.

6. Jake7905

Jun 20, 2013
    #166 Jake7905, Apr 29, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
    Exactly, the IAP's here are completely optional. The gear you can buy is actually not as good stat wise as the gear you can earn in-game, if I remember correctly. The IAP works best as an early game cheat, or as a little extra support for the developers.

The gameplay itself is extremely well balanced in my opinion. It's also the least passive TD game I've ever played, with the RPG hero playing as big a role (or bigger) as the defensive towers.

7. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    I love the sound of the hero being a bigger role than the towers. That is cool as heck!

8. Jake7905

Jun 20, 2013
    It definitely threw me off my TD game at first; I wasn't doing so good at first, and was depending too much on my towers. You simply can't win this game by keeping your hero in a passive role. The right gear and potions for your hero are also essential to success. And once it clicked for me, I was chasing down enemies, rather then waiting around for them.

The RPG/hero elements really makes this game stand out in a sea of TD games. Not to mention the level of polish, which is equaled only by the Kingdom Rush series in my opinion. Though this one plays and looks much different.

9. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Dang you are making me want this now lol.

10. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Yep. My hero can solo a lot of the stages, even in hard mode, no towers contructed :D

11. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Lol awesome!

12. Korbinian@FDG

Korbinian@FDG FDG Entertainment<br />Producer
    Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    We tried our best to make this game work smoothly on all devices without extra controls. So on all widescreen phones (iphone 5 and upwards) you will see minor one dimensional scrolling (up/down but no left and right). On iphone 4/s you will need minor two dimensional scrolling but I can assure you that it is still very well playable even on a 4. The bigger maps (people who played the ipad version know which maps I mean) also give you a total view zoom, like they did on ipad.
    We spend a lot of time to make the game work on all devices and I think you all will be happy with the result :D

13. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    That sounds wonderful. I'll definitely be buying it tonight / tomorrow!

By scrolling, did you find the interface to be okay? It wasn't too small to click buttons or see enemies? I have an iphone 6 but some games don't transfer well from ipad to iphone very well (like keeping the same screen aspect ratio and just shrinking it). But it sounds like you guys did a lot of testing so I have faith in it :)

14. Korbinian@FDG

Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    we spend a lot of time to give the different actions the right priority. for example: if you now tap a tower it will only open the build menu on release(not on tap, like it did before), this was done so towers don't get in the way with scrolling. there were many minor but smart changes like this to eliminate colliding inputs on the smaller screens.
    And the ui size was adjusted as well. Menus and maps use the whole screen with. I can assure you that it plays perfect on a 6. I use a 6 myself and played through the game several times with it :)

15. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Thanks for the great responses! I'm sure that will convince some people to buy it.

Now I'm just waiting for it to show up on the app store right now...

16. Jake7905

Jun 20, 2013
    Universal update is now available on the App Store.

17. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    Hmm I'm in the US and not seeing anything. The link above goes to ipad only and searching through their apps doesn't show it :/ sigh I've been checking every 15 minutes.

18. Jake7905

Jun 20, 2013
    That's the App Store for ya, I'm in the U.S. as well (Florida), and the link above takes me to the new universal version. It really should show up soon for you. And to be fair, it JUST showed up for me, about a half hour ago it wasn't showing up for me as well.

19. Korbinian@FDG

Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    Yes, the update is online since a few hours, but it can just take a bit until it is visible for everyone.

20. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Just bought it for my 6 plus!