Universal Crystal Siege (by FDG Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gamingvideo, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Korbinian@FDG

Korbinian@FDG FDG Entertainment<br />Producer
    Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    Thanks for all the kind words. we are very happy about those reviews :D

2. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    @Korbinian

I sent you a PM regarding the bugs I encountered, including submitting and online form and email [email protected]

The bugs include the inability to use magic, loss of all coins, maps freezing, and resetting of the tower and enemy progress trees.

Please have a look and get back to me.

Thank you,

Lickzy

3. sapphire_neo

sapphire_neo Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2011
    This is one of the most engaging TD games I've played in years, I really hope we see more content for this game and a great future for the development team.

4. Korbinian@FDG

Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    Hi!

Sorry for the problems.
    Our QA is already investigating. You should have got a reply via e-mail

5. worldcitizen1919

worldcitizen1919 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2012
    Have to say this is good. Got sick of tower defense ages ago but am enjoying this a lot. I bought that other TD Kingdom Rush the other day but since buying this haven't been able to put it down. Kingdom Rush just too many expensive iaps. This is a much more fun game for me.

6. ypai1217

ypai1217 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2013
    I saw that some tower upgrades are still locked after I complete the campaign. Are they reserved for chapter 3?

7. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Oh I was asking what this app was earlier as I couldn't remember it's name, picked up an iPad today so may get this later when I'm done installing stuff

8. Korbinian@FDG

Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    exactly :D

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    After getting KRFrontier free from the IGN promo, i just had to go back to playing Crystal Siege which i think is so much better.

Does anyone know the exact stats and passive bonuses for the 3 IAP equipment sets?

10. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    That's a really big statement! KR are my favourite td games or at least one of them. It's really that good? So far I was just put off by the file size and not being completely sold on the graphic style. Don't get me wrong it looks good though.

11. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I really enjoyed the first KR. Didnt get the second and the latest one coz im on a one-buy-per-week diet and my purchases always go somewhere else.

The thing i like much better about Crystal Siege over KR is the stronger RPG aspect of it. You can customize your hero to either be attack oriented (splash damage with high attack for example) or debuff aura oriented (AOE slows, stuns, armor redux, etc) or tower-centric (tower buffs to range, damage, rate of fire, etc) or even pure spellcaster (casting cost reduction, element damage buffs, mana regen, etc) like im gearing my hero towards right now.

Plus, LOOTS. :D

12. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    I just need a universal update for my 6 plus :(

13. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    To even imply that IAP is necessary in KR is just criminal. If you need to buy crystals to beat the game then you really need to rethink the strategy you're using.

14. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Agreed... But I also get what worldcitizen is trying to say regarding KR's IAPs (the IAP-only heroes), but hey, it's worldcitizen. :D

15. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I still have 7 stages to finish in Hard mode before i'd start extreme, and was surprised to see that i've already clocked 8 hours, 11 minutes into this. Been a while since i got addicted to a tower defense title.

16. Korbinian@FDG

Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    We are working very hard to make this happen. But things are looking good atm :D

17. spajdr

spajdr Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Male
    Elder administrator
    Czech Republic, Ostrava
    i don't like only one thing about crystal siege, and that is game icon ;)

18. Ubisububi

Ubisububi Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2009
    California
    Great news! These days, if it doesn't run on my 6+ I don't really play it much.

19. Korbinian@FDG

Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    appreciate the feedback :)
    I would be very interested to know what exactly you don't like about it:
    is it the overall idea of a tower in the shape of an icon?
    or is it the colors and/or some details?

We are always trying to improve our games, so feel free to give an honest answers. Others are naturally invited to give feedback on the icon as well :D

20. Exact-Psience

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I thought i was getting too overpowered plowing through hard mode with my fire spellcaster build. Extreme mode is a whole new level of hurt! 3-starred the first level easily, but then i ended up completing the second with only 1-star.

It's not just the difficulty of the actual scaling on the monsters that define extreme mode, it's also because there are certain mechanics that actually defy the game's usual rules. FDG wasnt exaggerating when they said extreme modes are basically additional maps on their own. New paths open up while fighting, new mechanics popup out of nowhere! It's like curve ball galore!

Im not a huge fan of tower defense titles, but the implementation of RPG elements and variable TD mechanics that keep changing made Crystal Siege one of my favorite games on iOS. Wow... Just... Wow. Loving this game so much.