Universal Crystal Siege (by FDG Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gamingvideo, Nov 12, 2014.

1. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    I don't think I've ever been disappointed with a FDG game, but I still have a huge TD backlog right now. This is definitely one I want to get to soon.

2. Phuncz

Phuncz Active Member

Aug 17, 2014
    So I stacked up a lot of Fire Magic Power and with the Fire Shield spell, this basically cleans house like a vacuum cleaner. I also have some decent Leech Enemy Mana which keeps my hero in the game. The first two Extreme levels I got 3 stars on the first try without much trouble.

Current lvl 29 Hero stats:

300 Attack
    4 Block Enemies
    70 Move Speed
    230 Mana Pool
    40 Mana Regen

180% Fire Magic Power
    60% Leech Enemy Mana
    30% Fire Rate

3. diegohostettler

diegohostettler Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2014
    I got the 5.-- set. I replaced it rather quickly after starting on higher difficulties. But it der gives you a edge playing trough normal;)

4. ypai1217

ypai1217 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2013
    I used the fire shield spell and it's super awesome ! Thanks for the tip.

5. Korbinian@FDG

Korbinian@FDG FDG Entertainment<br />Producer
    Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    I am sure you will enjoy it, since (as you might have allready found out in this thread) it has some interesting twists on the original TD formula.

6. Korbinian@FDG

Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    Another spell thats underrated by many players is "Tail wind" (last storm spell). Its especially powerfull in extrem mode.

7. Phuncz

Phuncz Active Member

Aug 17, 2014
    Hmm that's sad to hear it's not up to snuff on higher difficulties. I hope the developers can make them more "flexible" considering you expect items for the price of the game to atleast last you a long while.

8. Korbinian@FDG

Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    The are allready very flexible and special. We wanted inapp equipment that was worth your money but still does not completely inbalance the game. take the sword "frost bite" for example. I might not be able to compete with pure damage against other late game swords but it has the ability to freeze any enemy on a single hit. This is something now other sword can do.
    All of the inapp equipment is still usefull late game but it is just very different then other gear and thus needs a different playstyle.

In other words, the inapps are 100% optional and you can find equipment just as strong. They just give you something different, but not necessarily stronger.

9. Phuncz

Phuncz Active Member

Aug 17, 2014
    Yeah I saw the cool abilities it has, but I'm not sure if it would be like say a 100 Attack sword and 60 Mana Pool gear, where I'm now at triple those stats and I've just completed Normal. So maybe add a note that this IAP gear is powerful enough to last you through the game thanks to it's unique abilities. Maybe even give a player the chance to test one out early in the game for one level to show how much of a difference the abilities can make.

I'm not complaining about them being in the game or anything, the game isn't built around IAP and I am very grateful for that. I'd hate to have another *shudder* Star Wars Tower Defense game. Games feeding on the addiction of ignorant people, ruining the entire mobile gaming industry with a financial model like a house of cards that could disintegrate any day.

10. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    What is the highest weapon attack you guys have seen? Im currently at 450ish. Combined with 100% splash damage, its awesome! :D

11. Korbinian@FDG

Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    450 is actually very high :)

What magic spell is everyones favourite so far and why?

12. Phuncz

Phuncz Active Member

Aug 17, 2014
    I like the Fire Shield the most now that I have a lot of stacked Fire Magic Power and it then works really well with a hero with high Move Speed and Attack.

I also like Fire Wall and the Stone Wall, but the first costs too much when you "draw" it too long and the second one disappears after a wave. Both have issues with drawing them, that they not always draw correctly in passageways.

I used Fire Ball mostly the first part, along with the other two 1-orb skills. The Tornado was also fun but it felt like it wasn't worth the trouble because the speed at which you can drag monsters with it wasn't fast enough in the larger levels to matter much. The Stone Boulder was fun.

In the end I choose to go with the fire & forget spells to not make the game any more tedious than it already was for me. But it is still possible to successfully play this way !

I'm not sure the Earth and Wind spells will be as effective as fire with regards to the Magic Power bonuses, since these seem to apply to damage, or do they in case of defensive spells also buff the relevant statistics ?

13. Korbinian@FDG

Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    Yes, all spells are boosted by the magic bonuses. Stone wall will have more HP and tailwind will boost tower attack speed even more etc.

14. Phuncz

Phuncz Active Member

Aug 17, 2014
    Ah nice that is good to know !

15. Rawk GWJ

Rawk GWJ Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2014
    I wish the Star Wars TD could have been this good.

16. byronbulb

byronbulb Active Member

Jun 17, 2009
    About two levels from the end of part two the game started to freak out on me. It disabled all of my spells, and freezes on a white screen with the dotted line for the map. If I force quit and restart the game, it comes back but the spells are still disabled. I absolutely love this game and was able to finish level two without the spells, but it is frustrating not to be able to play as designed. Please fix!

17. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Any plans for a lite / demo version? I like TD games, but sometimes I find the ones with a controllable hero a bit irritating - so I can't decide whether to get this or not!

18. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    Fire shield for clearing lots of mobs. Meteor for clearing maps full of mobs. :D

Im one crystal short for the last air power, that im sure will be very powerful too. Cleared both normal and hard mode, 3 starred all. Time for extreme mode. Just in time for KRO this thursday. :)

To the devs: i noticed that there is an additional tab below chapters 1 and 2, one with a question mark. I would assume it is for additional content?

19. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    DeNA's TD game: a clumsy attempt to cash-in on both Kingdom Rush and Star Wars, and an insult to both. DeNA gives new meaning to "Attack of the Clones".

FDG's TD game: a finely crafted game that successfully expands on the usual TD formula, blending multiple TD styles with a dash of RPG goodness. FDG proves the TD genre can still produce original and viable games.

If only they had worked on the Star Wars game.....

20. ruggedland

ruggedland Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2011
    It's a well made TD game with some unique flavor. Only problem I see is it's kind of short. I was able to finish normal mode in day 1 and extreme mode in day 2 (3 stars for all stages). Hopefully we see more content update in the near future.