Universal Crystal Siege (by FDG Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gamingvideo, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Korbinian@FDG

Korbinian@FDG FDG Entertainment<br />Producer
    Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    he can knock your hero out for several seconds, thats why it is wise to keep a save distance. here is how to knock it down (spoiler):

When he is moving he is invulnerable to damage. He will also block arrows from the balista with his club. But if he is charging his power club attack, you can shoot it with an arrow from the balista and knock it down. then you have a window of a few seconds to do damage. a spell like chain lightning or fire wall can do wonders.

There are a few more tips i could give, to beat the first boss encounter, but this should help alot.

2. Korbinian@FDG

Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012

i am sorry, you are having a hard time in chapter two. On normal the game is balanced so you dont need to do alot of micro if your tower setup and usage of the map specials is good.
    One of the most underrated towers for most first time players is the slow tower and especially its poison tower upgrade. one or two of those in the right place can do wonders.
    Another powerfull tool are mana potions. they cost little money late game (compared to your income from a finished map) and can help alot in tight situations.
    Also watch the maps closely, maybe you are missing a strategic element? Every single map has a usefull element to help you.
    Finally there are the save scrolls. Similar to the mana potions they cost little compared to the gold income in chapter two. They allow you to do a one time quicksave and thus can give you sort of a savety net on a difficult mission.

I hope this helps you out. If you are having a problem on a specific mission i might be able to help more.

3. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    A tip I can give you is to upgrade your weapon. I'm breezing through first few normal levels, chapter 2 with a weapon I bought with earned coins (190attack).

Since there is no upgrade system/tree for the towers, the only way you can improve your damage and leverage is by upgrading your gears as well as playing around with the spells. I find the fire shield is really powerful against mobs.

With KR, you beat a level, even just barely so as to gain points for the towers upgrade tree, as your towers improve, you go back and perfect earlier levels. But with Crystal siege, you do it with hero spells and gears. Good luck!

4. ypai1217

ypai1217 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2013
    Thanks for the tip. I was able to beat the boss finally :)
    Also I found out that the alchemist tower has only 3 charges even though the text says it should have 5?

5. Korbinian@FDG

Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    glad you made it :)

I would need to check the exact text but it should be "up to 5 charges". But you are right, the first stage of the alchemist tower has 3 charges. 5 charges is the fully upgraded version (which you only unlock near the end).

6. ypai1217

Mar 4, 2013
    Aha .. That makes sense! It does say upto 5 charges but I thought that was for level 1 itself. Thanks for the clarification.

7. Korbinian@FDG

Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    A very efficent way to boost your tower damage, is equipment with the tower fire rate buff, the tower range buff, the weaken enemy armor buff and the slow enemies buff. If you can aquire good combination of equipment that has all 4 of those with high values, you can easily double your tower damage near the end of the game. just dont forget that your hero needs to be in range for the buffs to trigger.
    With the right equipment it is possible to finish the game with nearly zero melee or spell damage from the hero. But on the other hand it is also a viable strategy to boost your heroes melee or magic capabilities and anything in between. The game allows an insanly high number of different hero builds which you can experiment with.

8. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    #68 tabs, Nov 15, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
    Oh, I thought the gear buffs work on the hero only. No idea it also works on the towers. I would assume the %increase on element damage only works with hero power? How about mana leech? All towers can leech or Hero only? Thanks!

Edit: just finished the game, the last map was such an experience. Enjoyed it very much. Now, need to beat all levels in hard and extreme mode. Chapter 1 hard mode, 3 starred all maps, no iAP needed.

9. Korbinian@FDG

Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    yes, the end can get intense :D

Regarding the buffs: try the "i" button on the inventory/shop screen. There is a legend for all the buff icons and a specific buff cathegory "Tower buffs". Those affect your towers but only in the heroes range. affected towers are marked with a pulsing circle.

10. duncanedi

duncanedi Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2010
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    This game is very good! It´s hard , really hard (compared to other TD i played) but It´s good to have challenges sometimes and feel good about yourself just for finish a stage :)

11. Phuncz

Phuncz Active Member

Aug 17, 2014
    Thanks for the tips. I was aware of the strategic elements on the map, but it wasn't my problem per se. I think the issue is with overwhelming when various types of creatures mingle, suddenly Gargoyles and Bonasuses are almost unstoppable. Especially because the Hero can't stop the Gargoyles on it's own and Magic towers need to target them. But that's difficult with some tank units in the mix.

I guess it's more challenging than I'm used to, but I'm at the final level now so it's not impossible. I do find it a very good TD game with excellent art and graphics, excellent gameplay and fun overall. I'm hoping we'll be seeing more content in the near future !

12. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    I agree. The first 7 or 8 levels were pretty easy; perhaps too easy for an experienced TD player. I am on level 14 now. Levels 10 through 13 were tough and at times, the enemies seem overwhelming with little time to react to them. Still, I am enjoying the challenge and it's making the game more interesting to me.

If the game is successful enough to warrant additional content (maps), I would happily pay for it. I think the existing quantity and quality of content already present easily justifies the asking price.

13. Lazer Kat

Lazer Kat Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2013
    This may just be the way my mind works, but I thought I'd give my feedback.

The blue gem in the icon immediately makes me think of premium currency I have to buy to progress In the game.

Reading all of the comments, that is obviously not the case here...

14. diegohostettler

diegohostettler Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2014
    Ok I'm now almost finished with the 2nd map and I have to agree it's getting very hectic at times. Maybe maybe just make the game speed a tad slower.. It's really twitchy sometimes ;)

15. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    Thanks for the info!

To be honest, the maps are really well done and the difficulty is pretty balanced (unlike sleep attack TD wherein I can't kill the boss without using power ups). But I'm trying extreme mode and its definitely something that you shouldn't rush. Need to clear all, both normal and hard to gain more gold and buy more powerful gears before progressing to extreme mode. Just a tip for other players. Took me 6 hours to clear all maps, but chapter 1 only cleared in hard mode, all 3 stars (still need to clear 18 extreme levels and 8 hard levels). I see myself burning more hours here.

16. Korbinian@FDG

Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    We spend a very long time to balance everything but personal tastes can vary. But rest assured, that your feedback will not go unnoticed.
    One tip i can give you is to aim for equipment with the slow enemy effect and to build slow towers. This will make enemies considerably slower and thus slow the whole gameplay down a bit.

17. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    No gem currency here, the gems are what you're defending during each level. Very similar to Cursed Treasure 2. You do earn gold after every level, which you use to buy gear for your hero. All gear is priced reasonably, and your in-game earnings more then cover the cost. The IAP in Crystal Siege is for premium gear for your hero, which isn't required or advisable in my opinion. Unless you want to make your hero overpowered and miss out on the fun of buying new gear.

18. ypai1217

Mar 4, 2013
    I must say this game is simply amazing. The second world just takes the gameplay to another level where you have to think out your tower layouts and spells to perfection and the interactive environments add to the strategy. Tough, yes ! But all in a good way. The most brutal maps I have faced so far are 2-10 and 2-12 (which I barely managed to scape through with one gem remaining.

I really like spells in the earth tree especially earthquake and stonewall which are geared at hindering the enemy's progress. Also I use the fireball spell to quickly thaw Frozen towers or take out a group of enemies.

Alright .. Now off to face map 2-13 which looks pretty intimidating to begin with #

19. Phuncz

Phuncz Active Member

Aug 17, 2014
    About the premium gear, what are the stats ? Let's say at this point I'd like to purchase a set, how will I know it's better than my current gear ? I can't find any stats on it. Will it get outclassed by newer gear when I level up ? How will these hold up in future updates when you can progress further ?

20. nemerleb

nemerleb Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2013
    I have no idea why this game is so underrated? It soars really high among the best TD games out there. And you can feel the devs know what they're doing when it comes to balance/graphics/overall experience. Easy recommendation for me.