Universal Crystal Siege (by FDG Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Gamingvideo, Nov 12, 2014.

1. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    #41 orangecan, Nov 13, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
    Yep I've restarted since installing. I'm on the latest iOS. It doesn't seem to happen all the time, I've just played 2 more levels with no issues.... Fyi I've also had this problem with Mr Particle so I'm not sure if it's an iOS issue. It's not a problem with my screen because if I switch out of the game everything dine

2. Korbinian@FDG

Korbinian@FDG FDG Entertainment<br />Producer
    Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    so we tried to reproduce this but no luck so far. we especially tried map 4. maybe software in the background? some custom lock screen software?

3. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Nope nothing out of the ordinary sorry...! No idea why it's doing it like I said seems to be limited very specifically to two games, this and Mr partical.

Thanks for trying anyway and I'm still enjoying it

4. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    #44 PoloBaquerizoH, Nov 13, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
    Works perfectly fine on my ipad air ios 8

5. Phuncz

Phuncz Active Member

Aug 17, 2014
    I just finished the first part of the game, it's excellent ! A definite addition to the Tower Defense genre ! Keep it up !

6. diegohostettler

diegohostettler Well-Known Member

Jan 31, 2014
    Superb td! Thx for this devs:)

7. Korbinian@FDG

Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    Thanks alot for the positive feedback, glad you all like the game :)

How did you enjoy the first boss battle?

8. Phuncz

Phuncz Active Member

Aug 17, 2014
    It was intense ! I had to do it again because all the gems were stolen. The critters it spawned were spamming the gems and I ended up with 5/10 gems left but it was hectic. I did like the interaction with the weapon.

Is there a way to retrieve gems ?

9. averagedog

averagedog Member

Apr 24, 2014
    How many areas are there in this game I just finished the first 8 levels, which were pretty easy.... How many more areas are there? Just the second with the third being expansion content?

10. Korbinian@FDG

Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    yes there is :)

later equipment gives you a chance to return crystals enemies are carrying on the kill.
    And another tip: some enemies carry more than 1 gem. so if the collect 1 they will try to grab more till their maximum capacity is reached. this can be used to trick them into returning crystals for you :D

11. Korbinian@FDG

Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    there are 8 more which are raising the difficulty bar.

Once you completed those you get all 16 maps on extreme mode which changes them drastically. I don't want to spoil anything, but please trust me, those feel like completely new maps.

12. eventide

eventide Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2012
    Wow, 5$ for basically 8 maps?? Wish I'd known that..

13. mid83

mid83 Well-Known Member

May 28, 2014
    The same price as a cup of Starbucks :/

I hate this App Store mentality. No wonder freemium is so big now.

14. slewis7

slewis7 Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    Retired!
    Houston, TX
    The difficulty goes up significantly with the second set of levels. Also, the levels get larger. Very nice!

15. averagedog

averagedog Member

Apr 24, 2014
    ah cool, I am currently working on hardmoding all the first 8 levels before I move on. Glad to know that extreme mode changes things dramatically.

16. Korbinian@FDG

Patreon Studio

Aug 30, 2012
    #56 Korbinian@FDG, Nov 14, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
    No, there seems to be a big missunderstanding: you actually get 16 completely unique maps which can be played on normal or hard. If you play the game you will notice that every map in this game is VERY different than the others. Also i dont want to spoiler again, but the maps get bigger and longer and especially the last map is HUGE.

And after those 16 maps you get another 16 maps (the extreme mode) that are based on the 16 initial ones but feel VERY different. It is very hard to explain this without spoilers so be warned:
    As an example, the first map on extreme forces you to use different towers than you can on normal/hard and it will spawn completely different enemies than it does on normal/hard. On top of that a meteor will spawn right after the beginning which will destroy the right side of the map and create a new path for the monsters. All this combined essentially makes it a completely new map to play.

so in total you actually get 32 maps.

17. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    The developers already addressed this misconception, and to further their point: I've clocked in over 2 1/2 hours in this game and still haven't finished the first 8 maps (on the last map now). And I still haven't 3 starred them all, and I still have 8 more brand new maps that I haven't seen at all. And that's not including the 16 revised hardcore maps that you unlock by beating the game. It's also worth mentioning that every level is unique, with interactive environmental elements that add much replay value.

So to sum it up: It's more like, "Wow, $5 for basically 32 levels and a lot of replay value??? I'm glad I know that."

18. ypai1217

ypai1217 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2013
    Ok .. How do I beat the troll boss? I was able to knock it down a couple of times but not sure how. Also he can kill my hero which is not fun :/

19. tabs

tabs Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2009
    Philippines
    Get a better weapon (and use the fire shield spell if you have it). Im currently 2 stars on hard because his minions get shielded by the troll boss, and sneaks in. But a good weapon can practically kill it. I also used mage towers in the middle of the map.

20. Phuncz

Phuncz Active Member

Aug 17, 2014
    I'm having a lot of difficulty with the second chapter on almost every map, even on Normal. Often I'm getting overwhelmed. It's very hectic for people having difficulty with the speed of micro/macromanagement. I have had to do most maps multiple times over to even pass with a gem or two and usually it was more luck than I felt that I was in control.

I suspect the reason being that dozens of critters in a steady stream, one of the hounds just does a homerun with a gem without you even having time to react. But they usually come with a few in a pack and the hero doesn't seem to always be battling for the gem stealers. I'm having the feeling the waves have too many creatures in each, with very close follow-up between them. So as soon as you make a mistake, you can hardly get back on track.

To me as a novice to moderate TD player, I find this game very tedious in the second part.