Crysis

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Spotlight, Mar 10, 2009.

1. Spotlight

Spotlight Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2009
    #1 Spotlight, Mar 10, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2009
    I'd like to know what you think about this.
    Will the economic crisis influence the videogames field?

Did you notice some changes in the last months?
    Here, for example, we are selling much less than before (December-January-February been great).

Cheers.

2. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    I'm not a dev, but game sales have actually gone up for big consoles. People want to stay in more and have a product that will last them a while. They also want something that will allow them to "escape" the crisis right now, so they get lost in games. I haven't changed my game buying habits at all though. I never bought many games in the first place though...

3. anduril_ukr

anduril_ukr Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Student
    New Jersey
    first of all, spell crisis right;)

i think, if anything, the crisis would spur app store sales, as people can't afford ps3 and xbox 360 games as much and so instead fulfill their gaming needs in games that cost a buck or two.

4. jawslover

jawslover Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    JERICHO, KS
    because of the spelling, I thought you meant the computer game Crysis, i'm like WTF how could you make crysis on an iPhone?????

5. DreadShade

DreadShade Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2009
    Same here XD

6. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    Economic crisis? Mortgage payments doubling while your company downsizes? No health insurance? ...Why dwell on it? Just stare into the koi pond. See the pretty fishies? Look at the pretty fishies. Tap tap tap. All will be well.

7. WellSpentYouth

WellSpentYouth Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2009
    iPhone programmer
    App Tech Studios, USA
    Or, you can play an app that I saw on youtube (rejected) that you can throw vegetables at Obama! LOL, no offense.

8. Rad

Rad Well-Known Member

Feb 23, 2009
    Washington
    #8 Rad, Mar 10, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2009
    I think part of the problem is the 9 page limit. People like me that are buying lots of apps have run out of slots to put them in. I'm more careful at what I buy now and always need to determine what I have to remove from my itouch. For some reason having to delete apps takes the thrill out of buying them. All 9 pages are paid apps all my fav's. Seems Apple just doesn't want to acknowledge this is a problem, I'm getting tired of it.

Rad

9. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    In all seriousness (and not blaming Obama for conditions created years ago) I suspect that App Store sales continue to skyrocket.

The decreases noted by the OP is probably just what happens when an app isn't new anymore, and gets lost in the chaos of other apps competing for attention. Not every app will see big success, but even those that do will--eventually--see some kind of drop I'n sure.

10. captainredmuff

captainredmuff New Member

Got my attention too :D

I haven't changed my purchasing habits in reflection of the economic downturn, in fact, i've actually spent more since Nov 09.

I guess seeing that most app store games are only a few quid/dollars people don't feel too guilty about shelling out now and again for a top title such as Rolando or Ellis :)

11. blue ox

blue ox Well-Known Member

Sep 18, 2008
    During economic downturns people seek escape.

Games are a great escape.

$0.99 games are a cheap escape.

The AppStore will flourish.

Share and enjoy,