Universal Crypt of the NecroDancer Pocket Edition (by Brace Yourself Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Shkrbby

Shkrbby Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2015
    One of the traps you stepped on slowed down the music tempo. It's to trip you up on your coin multiplier.

2. Shkrbby

Shkrbby Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2015
    Digging for hidden diamonds and finding the shop keeper. It is a big deal not gaining coins especially in later levels. How do you expect to purchase the best equipment?

3. Ha! That makes sense. Sounds like you thought of everything!

4. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Makes sense. Had a feeling it was part of the game. Thanks.

5. J.R. Jalapeno

J.R. Jalapeno Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2008
    Thanks for the info. Is there a way to tell when the song is going to end?

6. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    Yea, the note markers turn Red when the song is coming to an end. At which point, panic and start hopping like a mad man to the stairs!

7. wigzisonfire

wigzisonfire Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Art Director
    London
    YES. More money means better gear means better runs means better score for leaderboards.

YES, not getting to the exit before the song finishes usually drops you into a very deadly situation that 9 times out of 10 ends in death! Usually drops you into a room with enemies and that floors mini boss. At which point you panic and die!

8. Fruityth1ng

Fruityth1ng Active Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Love + Feedback

I am in love with this game. Thanks for making it :)

I have sent you this in an email, but here for posterity: The colors on my mfi pad do not match the colors shown on-screen at the item buttons.

My only concern is that I have the feeling I'm missing info about items all the time.
    Could you perhaps provide in-game access to the codex about items? Touch and hold perhaps?
    The "reload" status of a ranged weapon is also something I'd like better feedback about. Ooh! how about a range indicator in the weapon slot? Just a few dots representing the amount on the grid would be sweet :)

On the ui, did you consider showing (20% alpha) all non-equipped slots?
    I'd get some sense of what type of items to go for, and items would not move about when another item appears in-between.

Many thanks!

9. Remote_

Remote_ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 26, 2011
    UK
    This game is utterly superb. Thoughtful, tough but fair, strangely beautiful and hugely compulsive.

An absolute gem in every way.

10. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    As someone who never liked rogue-likes, decided to bite on this one out of curiosity and all the love its been getting from the community here and review sites. So far, really enjoying it! Although I only played about 5 rounds. A lot of variety, interesting patterns to learn, items to unlock, soundtrack is ultra cool and overall it's an intense game that demands full concentration. Great start! Now let's hope I don't utterly suck and can get somewhere...

11. MercsInBoxes

MercsInBoxes New Member

Jul 5, 2016
    Montreal
    Actually it occurs when the song ends but the mini bosse isn't killed, so you'll have to fight it in a stone room until it's killed.

12. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    1. Sometimes I encounter a trap door. If I step into it, sometimes I get to the boss, at other times it just seems to take me to the next level. Is there any certainty with these?

2. In daily challenges, the score I understand is determined by the amount of coins. If I spend these coins in the shops, is my score lowered?

13. Every floor has a miniboss on it. If you've already defeated a given floor's miniboss, then falling through a trap door will not cause you to immediately face a miniboss on the next level. But if you HAVEN'T yet beaten a floor's miniboss when you fall through a trap door, then you'll be forced to battle it immediately upon landing on the next level.

That is correct! Spending money in the shops will probably increase your chances of survival though, which *usually* leads to a higher score. (Until you get to a fairly high level of play, that is.)

14. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Thanks for the swift answers Ryan! I'm really enjoying the game, it's also the first game I've shown in years to my non-gamer friends! (including my wife) The mesh of genres is just too original and cool. And again, I'm not a fan of rogue-likes nor dungeon crawlers (I even deleted Wayward Souls in a couple of days, a heavy favorite here on TA!)

15. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    BURN THE HERETIC! :p

16. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Thanks! I was waiting for some flaming haha! But do I deserve redemption for enjoying this??

17. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    WS is a great game, but I didn't fall in love with it, too. :eek:
    CotND is almost perfect.

18. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    @ Ryan Clark

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but only noticed it last night. I've been running the game on my jailbroken iPad with iOS 8.2 so far and it's worked fine - great game by the way!

Finally got round to installing on my jailbroken iPhone last night with iOS 9.0.2 and the game freezes at the second splash screen. Took me a couple of minutes to figure it out before realising it's the Game Centre bug stopping it from running. I can get round this with a tweak that disables Game Centre daemon and allows the game to continue booting, so no major complaints from me but just thought I'd let you know in case anyone else has a problem. Maybe stop GC from executing by default and allow the user to log in manually? Thanks.

19. Yes, we have confirmed that the issue people are seeing where it hangs at the Blitworks logo is due to the Game Center bug.

We are working on a fix!

20. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Ah, good - sorry if I was repeating others comments, I posted my comment from work so didn't have time to trawl through the whole thread. Thanks for you reply.