Universal Crypt of the NecroDancer Pocket Edition (by Brace Yourself Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jun 30, 2016.

1. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I often feel the same way, but some games simply make it fun to lose because you are enjoying the ride on the way...This game is one of them. And to add to an earlier comment, Metalcasket, you have spent MY money well, also!!

2. gearkin

gearkin Active Member

Aug 8, 2014
    Are there any permanent upgrades in the game? The Game looks amazing. But I'm still on the fence for some reason

3. malaheart

malaheart Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Male
    Angel
    Melbourne, Australia
    Crypt of the NecroDancer Pocket Edition iOS Gameplay HD

4. Mrwubbs

Mrwubbs Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2012
    I'm having slowdown issues on my iPhone 6s Plus :/

5. Mrwubbs

Feb 19, 2012
    Seriously wtf? The slowdown keeps getting worse. Anyone else having this problem? It's ruining the game because it throws the rhythm off.

6. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Haven't had that yet on my 6+

7. Touch_Dragon

Touch_Dragon Member

Jan 6, 2016
    There are permanent upgrades in the game including buying items that will appear in chests, more hearts, buying coin multiplier and more. There are no IAP (thankfully!) and the game is fun. Don't be on the fence I bought it and cannot put it down! $5 is a perfect price for this game :) Hope this helps.

8. Touch_Dragon

Touch_Dragon Member

Jan 6, 2016
    Dude I'm on an iPod 5 and it works perfectly... Wonder what's going on

9. Mrwubbs

Feb 19, 2012
    I uninstalled for now. I'll have to wait till I get to wifi to redownload. It was working fine last night I don't know what was causing it. It was even slowing down in the lobby.

10. Thanks for the feedback everyone! We will investigate the font size issues and the slowdown issues!

11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Humbled. After all these years it's still mind-boggling how people value my opinion. I sincerely hope I haven't steered anyone wrong.

Honestly, the worst part of NecroDancer? Simply the fact that it's taken me away from Teeny Titans. I was having a little conversation with Carter in the TouchArcade boiler room and I was saying I would be buried with NecroDancer on my iPhone. Exquisite.

12. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    This game is amazing. Minutes turn into hours turn into days and still I play...must...stop...can't...stop

13. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    will this game work good without slow downs on a Ipad 2? or should I wait tell I get a new device?

14. Boyen

Boyen Active Member

Jun 13, 2016
    Any chance for an android release?

15. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    For us, the consumers? Absolutely. But the value of the game (on iOS) is easily worth the $15 dollars (hell, even more) for the PC and console versions. I think it's bonkers that the guys (hey Ryan!) at Brace Yourself are asking for just $5 for a game that's universal (with Apple TV support nonetheless), supports iCloud, has 3 touchscreen control schemes, controller support, gives you every single version of the soundtracks available on both the PC and console variants, allows you to flawlessly play the game with your own music (even going as far as letting you pick songs for each level), provides you with a handy record button and allows you to share your videos...and have you seen the options menus? That amount of customizability in the game is just plain ****ing insane. Oh, and unbelievably the game barely, BARELY uses any battery!

This isn't some 5 minute port of a PC title...NecroDancer Pocket Edition truly feels like it was built for mobiles by people who respect the platform.

Ryan, thank you... Just, thank you.

16. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    No sale.....it really puts me off that there's a distinct absence of f2p elements, no overly excessive energy systems and not a single IAP just to get you past the first menu - it's just too way out there in comparison to all the other generic, soulless, cash-cow apps available in the App Store......no sir, I don't like it....it makes me nervous - what if all developers decided to do this? We'd be swamped by a deluge of innovative, unique and hugely engrossing titles, our minds just couldn't handle it.....the world would stop, people just wouldn't work, the tides would flow backwards and hell and damnation would walk the earth......and I for one won't stand for it! Build me a wall, segregate me from humanity and call me North Korea - this crazy ass communist propaganda should be stopped right now. I demand the mods delete metalcasket's comments lest they bring about the end of days......or increased sales figures.

.....so, reading between the lines, you reckon it's good then?! #

17. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Well put, this goes against all of what the Appstore (currently) stands for! ;)

18. FuriousThumbs

FuriousThumbs Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2016
    Does this game have cloud save?

19. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    While maybe not a huge resource hog, I'd both like the option to delete recorded runs, and even more importantly, have the option to disable recording altogether.

20. bacon-N-eggs

bacon-N-eggs Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2012
    This game is so unbelievably good! Personally I have zero rhythm but haven't had a single problem at all. Don't get me wrong I'm still not good, but the beat is there to keep you moving and has a lot of leeway to keep the bonus going. So much to permanently upgrade and unlock I'll be playing for a long time.

Quick tip, if you're having a hard time getting diamonds to unlock the harder unlocks use the bard! Also I found using the bard helps understand the movements much better. Just unlocked the mini boss and boss training! Look out leaderboard LOL!

Seriously we need titles like this to do well on iOS! True masterpiece straight out of the gate! And iCloud!!! ##