Universal Crypt of the NecroDancer Pocket Edition (by Brace Yourself Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jun 30, 2016.

1. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    I had never heard of this until today. Based on the strong comments I bought..and LOVE. Who would have thought you could successfully mix disco and dungeons?

2. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Own this on steam and ps4.. It's freaking excellent! Everyone should buy this, seriously.. It's that good.. Guess I'll have this on 3 platforms now #####

3. klink

klink 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 22, 2013
    No thank you
    USA
    Wow, a patented Luciano golden seal of approval. It must be good.

4. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    @klink definitely, buy it if you got the funds ##

5. carlskie

carlskie Member

Feb 15, 2015
    Based on the positive feedbacks would diff. Get this one.. Never played this game before

6. Digibear

Digibear Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    THIS GAME IS SO AMAZING! It's music alone is reason enough to buy it. Great game own it on Steam and now on iOS. Get this game people.

7. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    No way, what's going on here!?:eek:
    Must cop now!!! I had this on my wishlist for iOS and wasn't expecting this. Finally!!!!!!!
    Thanks a lot for the release guys!!!:D:)##

8. smes3817

smes3817 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2009
    Massachusetts, USA
    Is this endless or is there a goal that your reaching for? I'm much more a fan of roguelikes where there is a specific level your trying to get to or treasure to find.

9. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    There is a last boss yes

10. PirateRidingParrot

PirateRidingParrot Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2015
    Fantastic game,the only problem is that I usually play without sound outside, now I'll have to turn it on :)

And a quick tip, there are things you have shortcuts for, for example throwing a knife or using a spell, you don't have to press them. While swipe is in my opinion the most comfortable control option, I recommend the Dpad to use the shortcuts.

11. spader623

spader623 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2014
    There's 4 'zones' with about 3 levels each and then a boss, with a mini boss on each level.

12. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Whoa! I just realized you CAN just hit those little icons to cast spells/performs special actions! I was so programmed from the PC version where you only could use the special shortcuts which my feeble 48byear old brain can't pull off (hit both left and right simultaeously, worse yet, do it to the beat).

13. Occupied

Occupied Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2013
    Perfect port of an incredible game. I'm actually better at the game on mobile than I am on PC. I'd like to see a transparency slider for the d-pad controls, though.

Anyone know how to delete saved replays?

14. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    How does this play on the iPhone 6? Is it too small for the eyes? I was intrigued by this on steam but I'm not a huge PC gamer ( console ) so I ended up never picking it up.

I'd love to support these devs but I feel like it might be a bit small for these eyes considering the amount of required rhythm work.

15. Roleki

Roleki Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Yeah, I'd like to see the answer to this too...

16. Digibear

Digibear Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2012
    According to a dude earlier in the thread he says it plays beautifully and easy on a iPhone SE and that's smaller then the 6 so I think you two are good to go.

17. otravu

otravu Active Member

May 16, 2016
    Bucharest, Romania
    osom! surprised was they released it (didn't hear anything about it until now - for mobile). can't wait to try it. had it on steam, now it's time to lose time again with it :D

18. Wizard_Mike

Wizard_Mike Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2011
    Texas
    I had no idea this was even being ported to iOS. I have it on PS4 and it's freaking amazing. This game is an INSTA-DontEvenThinkAboutItJustFreakingGetItRightNowWhatAreYouWaitingFor-BUY!

19. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

My apologies for the noob question, do you need sound to play? I know it says "to the beat", but sometimes play at work during lunch and don't want to make too much noise lol

20. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    You absolutely do...unless you play as Bard. ;)

Still, it's the combination of the game itself plus the incredible soundtrack that make the experience, so always try to play with sound on.

Go get it. Nao.