Universal Crypt of the NecroDancer Pocket Edition (by Brace Yourself Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jun 30, 2016.

1. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    From what's been suggested by others in this thread, then yes - has all content inc unlockables characters and all track remixes.

2. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    That "Pocket Edition" is a bit confusing, maybe.

3. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    @ Ryan Clark

Hi. Absolutely loving this - never had much of a chance to play on PC so it's great to have it in my hand, especially with all the bells and whistles!

Was just wondering if it would be possible to tweak the d-pad controls a bit though?

Firstly, for my thumbs on a 6S, the d-pad is fractionally too small so having the ability to rescale its size would be awesome.

And it would also be nice to have just a single d-pad on screen - I tend to use the right side to control movement and the quick use buttons for items etc. Having the option to remove one d-pad would greatly increase the viewing area and be less intrusive.

That said, these are minor points and it would be unfair to criticise the game because of something like this. I'm still giving it two (massively fat) thumbs up! #

4. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I can see having both d-pads is a lot of screen space, but if they take 1 away it would mean you could never use any of the item shortcuts.

5. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    I also wish you could resize the d-pad, I miss the buttons every now and then, and when it happens, quite frustrating.

6. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Sorry, I meant the option of having either 1 or 2 - I don't us the dual d-pad shortcuts, just the right hand one to move and then tap the item icon in top left as I need it.

My brain can barely handle walking and breathing at the same time.....continuously tapping to the beat is hard enough but doing all that and pressing 2 different directions on the d-pad - possibly neither of which are actually in the direction you want to move - just blows my mind.....literally. I'm still wiping out the gunk from the first time my brain melted and oozed out of my ears! Self induced frontal lobotomy anyone?

7. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Why, do you have very small pockets?! #

8. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    I was referring to this:

9. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    I guessed. I was being sarcastic. #

#

10. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    I know, but I didn't quote the right post (actually I didn't quote anything), so I did it later. :)

11. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Ah, that's ok then - for a minute there I was worried I wasn't actually that funny, I almost got my metaphysical coat and called for a taxi! #

12. Luciano1084

Luciano1084 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2014
    Finally beat zone 2.. But.... I used a ranged weapon.. Feels like cheating a bit... Whateva ###

13. Yes, we are working on a fix for this. If it freezes at the Blitworks logo, it's because of a GameCenter bug. A workaround for now is to ensure that GameCenter is enabled before running the game. But as I said, we are working on a fix! Apologies for the trouble.

14. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Does the game centre bug also affect game saves? I have iCloud saves enabled and played loads on my iPhone the other night, unlocking lots of items/upgrades, completing advanced techniques challenges, unlocking zone 2 with Cadence and completing zone 2 with the bard - but when I logged in next, the game had reverted back to a fresh start?

Only marginally frustrating as its such a joy to play, I don't mind going through it all again - but would be a little irked if I had to go back to the beginning every time. iPhone 6S, iOS 9.0.2.

15. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    GC bug is fixed in 9.3.2. Why don't you update your phone?

16. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    I'm jailbroken and I use my phone/iPad for work with ftp home network and the such.....not to mention all the nice little tweaks that personalise your phone.....Transformers symbol instead of your mobile network logo? Automatic screen temp adjustment to give warmer tones for night time reading/playing.....makes a massive difference to how well I sleep at night not staring at a bright screen for an hour before, no screwed up circadian clock! Kill all apps with downward swipe....very handy. Stream media from my media player in the living room direct to my phone/iPad in bed....nice. Midnight black theme for keyboards and almost all iOS and 3rd party apps. Ad blocker for YouTube....don't worry, I've disabled it for TouchArcade so they still generate revenue from my visits! ##

.....need I go on? #

17. atchoo

atchoo Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 20, 2015
    Bassano del Grappa
    Uhm... I remember someone fixed that bug on his JBed iPhone, but I don't remember who and I don't know how.

18. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Do you mean the lost saved game in CoND specifically - or just a workaround for the GC bug?

If you mean the latter, then I've already managed to disable it (using a Cydia app) when the game launches, thereby letting me play - it's the lost save game data I'm having problems with, can't figure out where it's gone?

19. No, it should be unrelated. We haven't heard of any issues taking place with saved data. Perhaps iCloud isn't working correctly for you because your phone is jailbroken? I don't have experience with jailbroken devices so I'm not sure.

20. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    It's weird, I've checked my iCloud data and I can't see a save file there at all for CotND. iCloud game saves work fine with jailbroken devices, I have many other games that use it without any problem - and it allows the transfer of save games between devices without problems too. I'll try booting it up on my iPad again later and see if the save game on there is any different - will also try it on my phone again and let you know if the same happens.