Universal Crush Them All (By Godzilab)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, May 10, 2017.

1. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    This is a much prettier, yet shallower and greedier ripoff of Endless Frontier.

I can only take comfort that while they might make some quick money, it won't have near the following or staying power that Endless Frontier does.

2. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Why not just play this one? Or you want this and more? The new guild events are nice.

3. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I tried that endless frontier I don't see what all the fuss is about? Seems pretty similar but with worse graphics.

The devs for this game are pretty good and usually good with updates so time will tell.

4. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    I am playing this endless I just want more. Usually I don't play more than a month and I move on.. I like the concept it takes very little time of mine..

BTW u can join reddit team I am there if u like I don't see any touch arcade guild though

5. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    #25 ste86uk, May 17, 2017
    Last edited: May 17, 2017
    Yeh generally I burn out and get tired of them very quickly by now even usually but I'm sticking to this one it seems. Everything seems obtainable without purchase my only gripes mainly are that fact that bosses give you a tactical description for your team setup yet you lose 20% of your invested prisms to change your team so it's a waste of time to try to be tactical.

Also that you can't stash artifacts like you can with heroes and again not lose invested resources just for stashing them. I think the abilitiy to freely change your team and artifacts between Ines you have earnt already would add more strategy and depth to the game.

Edit: I forgot to add there was a TA guild no idea who made it but they were very inactive and even though it was pretty much full it was very silent, it wasn't run properly obviously so I left. The one I'm in now is currently ranked 11th and not filled with morons so quite happy currently.

6. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Because it's IP theft? I get that it's normal in the iOS world, but that doesn't make it right.

It's definitely prettier but the depth isn't there. Nor are the tutorials.

7. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    Yeh and I'm sure Endless frontier were the first in the world to make such a game too.

8. KevinC120

KevinC120 Member

May 17, 2017
    Just tested this one out today. Haven't dug too deep into it yet but I like it so far. Thanks guys

9. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    #29 Cronk, May 17, 2017
    Last edited: May 17, 2017
    Conversations about EF and IP theft aside, a lot of the same strategies that work in EF look like they'll work here.

You don't want to spread your medals... errr... prisms around too much. Try to pump only 1-3 core units up. Honestly I don't see a point in 1-2* units at all... maybe you can evolve them down the line, but they're useless for progression.

You'll want to get 2 & 3* artifacts online asap. Farm what you can from dungeons asap. I refreshed artifacts until I found a good 3* one (unit health and economy speed)... I'd tend to recommend elemental-specific artifacts early on. Too much chance of being worthless soon enough. I expanded an artifact slot with my second 100whatevers, and would recommend the same.

It looks like some fast lvl60 restarts could be smart for early economy boost. Probably a smart move once you have enough prisms to do it without needing to put any gold into units, so you can do it effort- free, but whatever works for you.

Honestly this game's biggest downfall compared to EF is its lack of support units. There's no benefit to having extra units besides a core that does damage. They don't buff or support your team. Nor can you swap units easily in a system built around needing to swap your team. Kinda sucko that they built a paywall around that.

Edit: additional tip: you can greatly speed up active play by scrolling right and launching skills at the enemy crystal. My guys currently kill one round, and I kill the next two with skills. Having three skills might make it possible to kill all early stages with only skills.

10. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    Ignore my advice on being able to run 1-3 core team. After stage 300, bosses have immunity to ALL BUT ONE ELEMENT. They're immune to other elements skills and everything.

That means you either need a full rainbow team or to constantly swap units in and out at a 15f cost, which is absurd and insulting.

It also means the plethora of elemental artifacts are completely useless.

I'm continually impressed at how poorly they copied the EF formula and how much of a paywall they built in, and the frustration that will surround that.

Do they really think people will be fine with hitting stage 300 and the boss being immune to all but fire? Do they have any idea of the investment it would take to get a decent fire unit built up enough to get through this, with no clue of what the next elemental wall will be?

What a stupid wall to put in. In EF there were magical and physical immune bosses, which meant you only needed two cores, and could pull those from the race of your choice. And immunities didn't kick in until a lot later so you had more time to ramp up and acquire units.

Here? You need a rainbow team. Which the artifacts actively discourage. Stupid.

11. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    I tend to agree to this as I have seen many of my guild members complaining about level 300. The paywall on this case seems unfair as I bet they earn so much from players clicking on the gold chest along the way.. I myself being a F2P player always support the ads.

12. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    I support ads if they're fair and reasonable.

They're not here.

It takes 4 SUCCESSFUL ads (get lucky and get F currency instead of gold) to trade out one unit. It takes 25 successful ads to get a unit. It's insulting clicking on an ad chest and getting a totally useless amount of gold... or gold at all.

There's no reasonable way to get decent units otherwise. Daily chest is literal garbage units with no use. Daily rewards are a free spin of the wheel of crap.

Game just seems like a bunch of walls with not enough fluid rewards and gameplay.

13. Cronk

Cronk Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2013
    So hey I got to stage 600

Where I found a new way you screw us over. I can't tell if you're doing this on purpose or because you're lazy and didn't test your own game.

Stage 600 boss is immune to all but water. Stage 600 minions, which spawn super fast, are strong against water. This means that the only element that can kill the boss gets annhilated on the way to the boss.

The only setup that could clear this easy is a fire tank and water ranged. It's literally the only combo that wouldn't have to be massively over leveled to properly handle the mishmash of crap. (Of note, everyone probably uses the initial water guy as their water element, and he gets WRECKED on this stage)

So hey thanks for making a fire boss send out grass minions for... reasons.

14. moleki

moleki Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

May 22, 2009
    Sorry, I just realized about the existence of this thread. So a boss is actually quite easy to pass even with a low star hero. In that specific case you need to invest most your gold or prism in the water hero luka which is given at the beginning. Every 15 gold or prism level, all his stats will be 2x, so with the gold from the village it should be quite quick to make enough gold and invest it in the water hero.