iPad Crush Bunny

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Devilishly Good, Jul 12, 2009.

1. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    itunes link - 99 cents

Crush Bunny

The end of the world is nigh! Play God as you endeavour to save the worlds’ inhabitants from certain destruction! Use special powers to heal, protect and influence your bunny subjects helping them to dodge incoming meteors.
    Create rivers, shelters and blockades, seed and grow carrots, heal injured bunnies and earn new and upgraded powers as you progress.
    Includes mini-games and frequent planned updates!
    The gameplay is simple, quick and entertaining. Direct falling meteors away from the inhabitants by tilting your device and protect them using your god-like magical powers or see them get squished! Heal them, build them shelters, influence their movements and help them survive!
    For each meteor that impacts without killing any of the inhabitants you are rewarded with Money. Money can be used to buy special abilities and to help the inhabitants. If any of the inhabitants should get squelched you lose money.

Online Enabled!

Crush Bunny is fully integrated with AGON Online, a complete social platform for iPhone and iPod Touch games. It is a location-aware online high score system, complete with profiles, friends, awards etc. Think Xbox LIVE on-the-go.

Game Features

• Tilt and Drag gameplay
    • Includes Mini Games
    • Online Leaderboards
    • Game Awards\Achievements
    • Agon Community Enabled
    • Compare scores and awards with friends
    • Save games any time
    • Automatic save and resume
    • 3 Modes of Difficulty

We’d like your help!

We love good constructive feedback; indeed Pop Slide (one of our other games) benefitted massively as a result of good feedback! If there is something you think would make a good addition to this game let us know! Either by posting a review here in the store or through our website!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    I'm actually intrigued, but I think I'll wait for impressions...

3. mrchennyken

mrchennyken Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    I love the look of the bunnies!

4. djflippy

djflippy Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Just bought this for the name.

I now own a game called Crush Bunny and that makes me way more awesomer.

(And, yes, "awesomer" is a word...starting now!)

5. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    Cool. Can't wait to hear what you think of it

6. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    lol, yeah, I love the name...tho when I first saw it I thought it was going to be a game about, well, crushing bunnies, guess there's not an app for that yet

...anyway, come back with your impressions

7. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Haha, I was expecting that too. Don't know if I should be disappointed or happy. At least this game has you protecting your inhabitants instead of pummeling them to death. Looks interesting.

8. djflippy

Mar 9, 2009
    Just because I care, Fletch, I paused my game just to give you my first impressions. :)

It's hilarious, it's polished, the artwork is outstanding, the achievements are killer, and the soundtrack alone is worth the dollar. I still don't always know WTF is going on, but I don't care. The goal is to keep the quirky little robotic bunnies from getting crushed by meteors that drop from the sky and, just like in real life, you control exactly where the meteors will drop. Wait...

So, bunnies of all sizes and dispositions wander around the bottom of the screen. An arrow appears at the top of the screen that represents when and where the meteor will drop; "when" is shown by a timer and "where" is controlled by the accelerometer. If it hits bunnies, they take damage. Oftentimes, they are crushed to death. YES!!!

For each meteor that drops, you earn cash (again, just like real life). You spend this cash on bunny first aid, bunny housing of various strengths, and various other defensive goodies that open up as you earn more money.

That's not all; there are powerups that float by on tap-to-pop balloons, that can be picked up to enter a variety of mini-games...one of the powerups is a BAZOOKA and the other powerup is a DISCO BALL. This could have been a one-sentence review, had I thought to mention these two key points first.

I have no idea how much depth this game has and I really don't care. I already got a dollars worth of fun out of it, so the next two hours are just icing on the cake.

9. Dark NRG

Dark NRG Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Filmographer
    MAKE A FILM CLIP!!!

This is really driving me crazy, all these dev just don't have the sense to make a video of their product.

If this is what I think it is, I think this will be big.

10. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    This game looks and sounds cool. I might just have to check it out. I used to follow these guys (or at least one of them) when they were Pocket PC developers. I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do on the iPhone.

11. Squeaker

Squeaker Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Bookland
    Bought game for the same reason, the name itself is too hard to resist :p
    Glad it actually looks fun too, much better than the dust bunny game a while back.

12. djflippy

Mar 9, 2009
    Ack, lemme know if you can figure out how to lose. :)

If a few bunnies get crushed, it just says, "unlucky-try again" and then continues. It just keeps going on forever! Lolz

13. NathanQuest

NathanQuest Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2009
    Cologne, Germany
    Better than I thought

Actually first game I bought today was "Zombies & Me" and the lack of depth made it boring quite fast - at least to me... see Albies review...

And then there were the bunnies. I really enjoy this game. It's definitly much better - it's strange, the style is cool, the animation well, the bunnies weird and the topic... well... ahem... it's asteroids smashing bunnies if you don't watch out well enough.

There are several means to protect the bunnies, heal them, distract them with carrots, water them if on fire (!) and keep them away from the place the next asteroid will come down. Fill the "Happy-Meter" and go to next level.

There are power-ups like forcefields and minigames! Disco-Fever (lights to destroy the asteroids - played kind of like the taptap-games) or bazooka. The soundtrack is marvellous.

Love it! Buy it! The happy bunnies will get you! :):)

14. Dark NRG

Jun 10, 2009
    Filmographer
    All do respect to Albie on another thread who played this a bit, I REALLY LOVE THIS GAME! I mean, this has like the "YOU GOT MAIL" Pavlovian effect when you enter a mini game, like the Bazoka with Mission Impossible music to shoot the asteroids. Start on Normal mode, tho, Easy mode I did 40 minutes and was at 68% of the game. I'd rather the challange, and wonder if Albie or anyone else really delved into the game for a while to get to some of the mini games, like Disco ball, which you have to do a Tap Tap type of action with the lights to shoot down the meteorites for so many seconds. Really cool game for 99 cents, I'm glad I tried it!!! :cool:

15. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    Actually, I think Crush Bunny is a good game. My point was I could live without it. I like the game because of the variety and the mini-puzzles. But I'm not head over heels either. But it definitely beats Zombies & Me that's for sure.

16. Dark NRG

Jun 10, 2009
    Filmographer
    Dam, your quick!!!:eek:

Yeah, I found one strategy/weakness, and that was setting up barrier walls when bunnies were all on the one half of the screen, and keeping the iphone tilted to make meteors fall in a safe zone. Got a little tedious in Easy mode after a while, except for maintaining the walls. I hope higher modes are more challenging, and that the Dev makes "carrots" or other things affect the bunnies in different ways. Like more happieness when they eat the carrots (affects the meter to advance to next level, but I see no diffence other than distracting the bunnies away from falling meteors). And, what does water do? Just dowse burning bunnies? bc healing them does the same I think.

17. Big Albie

Big Albie Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    Casual gamer/marketing dude
    San Francisco, California
    The higher levels get somewhat more difficult, but manageable. As far as I can tell, water is only good putting our bunnies on fire, although I think water has other useful properties in the higher levels.

18. Hi..
    first post! just got an ipod touch/2G...rad.

Such a simple (yet well thought out) and fun game. I 'downed' it after seeing a screen shot and thought 'yeh..a dollar is worth it'..and it was!!! I was actually hoping for a game where the bunnies perish under my control, but alas..you save them. Oh well... :)
    Good times.

19. djflippy

Mar 9, 2009
    The water slows down all robobunnies that touch it. If you've cleared a corner for the meteor and bunnies are heading toward it, it can potentially delay them long enough to prevent their crushitude. Also, when you pen them all in with a concrete wall and then it breaks from meteorfall, you can plop them in a puddle to keep them bunched up for longer.

20. songkranw

songkranw Well-Known Member

I bought both "Zombie & Me" and "Crush Bunny" at the same time but spend more time playing bunny. I think this is a game to be buy for now.

(Zombie is good but it content are too less)