Universal Crusaders Quest (by NHN Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Dec 11, 2014.

1. AKLT

AKLT Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Add me as a friend, active player #

Ign: AKLT

2. rod-

rod- Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2012
    Another game with awesome potential but ruined by poor f2p balancing.
    Played for about 12hours yesterday with few issues on stamina or anything else, but progress hit a brick wall as my heroes hit max level and i had nowhere near the resources to evolve them. Spent another 8h or so farming low level areas (off and on as stamina ran out a lot) to get coins and low star heroes(to earn premium currency) but it drained the fun quickly and i still cant even do any of the evolutions!

:( what i would pay for a rebalanced version of this game without cash shop: 35$. What i will pay for this game: $0 and sadness.

3. nosoup4crr

nosoup4crr Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2011
    "Evolution" uses honor, which isn't a premium currency. It gained through pvp, normal questing, trading in heroes, and daily rewards. You probably did what I did...and spent it on normal contracts only to hit the 4* 580 wall.

I think you just want what you want when you want it.

Yes there's an energy mechanic in this game. Why have it if it isn't another resource you have to manage? Did you think it would never play a role in the game when you saw the energy bar? Heh.

F2P might become an issue later on. But I've played this game quite a lot recently...other than PvP, haven't felt grossly outmatched or unable to continue the storyline.

It's a good game with TONS of depth, customization options, and multiple modes of play (a comparatively expansive campaign, PvP, and multiple dungeons).

4. Science

Science New Member

Dec 14, 2014
    To be honest, I love the fact that there is a stamina bar which drains. Think about it, you probably play this game at least 5 hours a day if you are already addicted like me.. Now think about how long you would play if there was no stamina bar... 12hr/day 24hr/day?? When your stamina reaches 0, don't sped a gem to get it back to full. Just go do something else irl, or play another game and come back to CQ later. Trust me.

5. kenken11

kenken11 Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Well, that's what "friend function" are for. I added 50 elite friends and using their heroes to clear difficult maps but I can use once every 24hrs but it's enough. 50 heroes means clearing 50 maps. I don't understand what you mean by unbalance. If you can clear a game within days then it's unbalance. Have u played MMORPG? CoC or online games before?

6. rod-

rod- Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2012
    Honor builds extraordinarily slowly and is used too expensively. I have spent honor only on promotions (no rolls) and have done as much arena as I can do (not much with my team, maybe 5 honor per hour)

I am still at 390/540 for a 3*-4* change after another 20 hours. Meanwhile, I have leveled another 3 units up to level 30 and one is pushing 40.

The honor (and coins to a lesser extent) is severely gating my progress - stamina is not a concern. That is my reason for crying 'imbalance'. I will never earn enough honor to maintain progression - now I am spending my stamina training low lv units so I can sell them for a tiny bit more honor.

Meanwhile I am matched in the arena vs teams full of 4-5* units that I will be able to match (at this rate) only after two weeks (not unreasonable but highly irritating in a 4 day old game)

7. kenken11

Sep 29, 2012
    #47 kenken11, Dec 15, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
    This is not a 4 day old game. It's at least a month for android at least but yes it's new for iOS And I believe we are merged into their players pool. And this game is not made to match your progression. Free game is meant to grind and spend. If you are unwilling to spend, you can't expect to win people who spend. It's only logical. Only way u can win as a free user is spending more time orelse this game is not suitable for u. U can go play paladog. Paladog is similar and it's "balance"

I myself is a free user which played since 13 Dec and now already grinded 3 of the 4stars heroes which 2 of them capping soon at lvl 40. This is above decent as I did not spend anything. I may not rank top 10 in the near future. But top 100 is doable if I play everyday.

50 frens is giving 3 honor each=150 honor daily. 22k coins to buy 100honor from the 15mins shop. Honor is slow but totally balanced for long term players.

8. kenken11

Sep 29, 2012
    My team...

Attached Files:

9. dudecoolguyman

dudecoolguyman Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    I agree with everything kenken said. You just need to be patient. I've leveled up 2 3* already just from doing quests and having 50 friends (which you can spam invite from the search feature).

I like the matching. There is a certain amount of strategy. Loads of depth too with all the various characters and skills however it will be a LONG time coming since rates of acquiring said characters is SLOW.
    I just reached zone 3 and it's actually challenging. I have 2 4* and a 3* healer. Gets tough.

The dungeon challenge is super tough with my team and pvp even more so but its a good healthy challenge imo

I won't spend any money but I'll still enjoy this game.

I'm partially biased because I'm a sucker for ftp and never spend money.

10. Treerootz

Treerootz Member

Dec 11, 2014
    Why does this game crash so much...

11. Ocythoe

Ocythoe Member

Dec 16, 2014
    The game is one of the better "hero collecting" game out there. It makes Faraway Kingdom looks like babies' toys.

The pace of the game as F2P player is acceptable. Honor and gold are easy to farm by collecting 2* & 3* heroes from stages, train and return them for 90~130+ Honor per hero. The only problem is getting breads to feed my fatass team and the bakery takes too long so I have to farm the Kraken bosses for decent ones.

And the last thing that made me give this game 2/5 instead of 5/5 is the ridiculous crashes on all the devices I played it on: Crash when entering stages(Bye bye wasted food), crash before boss(what even), crash after boss( at least you still get rewards), crash when entering dungeon(lol nice keys), crash within crashes, etc.

Still waiting for update and hopefully some sort of compensation for the wasted entries that I had to spend gem on.

12. xodiac

xodiac Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2014
    Anyone found a superior team composition yet? Everyone seems to be using Leon since he's a legendary hero, i dont like to use him, i'm using 4 and 5star pala+archer+priest/mage/another archer

Pala's are so tanky its crazy with their selfheals etc

13. yussoupov1

yussoupov1 Member

Mar 19, 2014
    i see nothing wrong with that/ i think this game is developed by Asian company and here there're a lot of female gamers especially mobile game. all my female friends always play games that has all female characters or if they can choose they always choose to play as a sexy type. im sure it's different. i heard that in the west some girls try to act more manly to gain respect.

14. Ocythoe

Ocythoe Member

Dec 16, 2014
    I'm aiming for a tanky team with 2 Paladins & 1 Healer with lot of heals and damage reduction to outsustain enemies. My healer Nurspy already outdamaged my Wizard with her passive.

It's just some weirdos trying to push their feminist agenda and derail game discussion. There are more and more spams like that so just ignore it.

15. xodiac

xodiac Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2014
    Whats the kraken boss you farm for food? The world boss seems pointless atm, atleast to me, it doesnt even come close to dying.. and eats up 10 food

I'm having difficulties at getting enough food to make my heroes 5 stars

16. Ocythoe

Ocythoe Member

Dec 16, 2014
    The kraken is on last stage of 3rd map(underwater). I tried world boss and had to solo it to 10% HP before losing because my random teammates got wiped before it reached 80%, not going there again.

17. xodiac

xodiac Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2014
    Damn, i wipe at like 70%. What heroes do u have exactly and at what stars?

What skill-setup do u use, if I may ask? :)

18. Ocythoe

Ocythoe Member

Dec 16, 2014
    You can add me ingame to check it out, IGN is the same as here. My skill-set is just healing and shields.

19. xodiac

xodiac Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2014
    Did u spend gems on buying 2-6* priests to get that priest or just all on 3-6 random heroes?

20. Ocythoe

Ocythoe Member

Dec 16, 2014
    I got her by promoting the free priest from the beginning.