Universal Crowntakers (by Kalypso Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Mar 30, 2015.

1. HelperMonkey

HelperMonkey Well-Known Member

Dec 16, 2009
    Iowa
    New bug fix update is live.

2. khann

khann Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2013
    This update fix all the major bugs? If so, I think it might be time to buy.

3. The Son of Anarchy

The Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    #63 The Son of Anarchy, Apr 3, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2015
    Commendations to Bulwark for both quick fixes arriving fast. Here's hoping for smooth sailing in the games future from here on out. :)

Also, I never said it earlier but Crowntakers has one of my favourite icons on the whole AppStore.

4. D1vi8

D1vi8 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    Belgium
    Can someon explain the rules for a opportunity attack?
    I thought that when you come into the aggro zone of a melee character, that character gets a opportunity attack, but that doesn't seem to be so.
    My native language is not English, can't seem to understand how this happens...

5. The Son of Anarchy

The Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    My best guess is that when character A turns their back on character B to attack someone else, character B takes the opportunity and attacks character A.

6. D1vi8

D1vi8 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    Belgium
    Ok, thank you.

7. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

Picked this one up today. Really like it! It's easy to understand and handle but lots of options and pretty tough so far on the Normal difficulty. Looks really crisp, plays nice & quick and generally well put together with some nice play-off between backtracking to try and get the best upgrades fitted (and cash for them) versus enemies getting stronger the longer you take.

Shame they let those bugs slip through and I hope it didn't hurt their chances.

I found another bug I don't think I've seen mentioned though. Sometimes when I lose a battle the screen just stays dimmed. Have to close from RAM and restart the app.

Interestingly, I had seen this as a boxed game in a Game shop in town today and it's £15 there... lucky iOS owners :)

8. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I just had this too. Grrr. All locked up after my main character was defeated in battle (at least the hall of fame entry was still made). Great game, better than I recall when playing the PC version (although more than likely, with the latest PC version's updates, they're the same). Just a rocky start so far.

9. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Finished the boss of stage 7 (Easy speed run) and quit th game. Logged in today and my character is standing off the road where the boss was and cannot move...

Final stage is just in front of me and I will have to restart. Can this be resolved?

10. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Did anyone beat the game on Normal?

Currently it seems to me as if it's hard enough on Easy mode with leveled up heroes, so Normal seems quite impossible...

11. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #71 Nullzone, Apr 6, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2015
    @Bulwark: I owe you guys one.
    I started playing again after you provided the two bugfixes, and am actually quite enjoying the game now.

What I did not know - and find pretty questionable - is that even after you get a refund from Apple, you keep the app. I expected that it will revert and I need to repurchase then. But that's not possible, it still shows up as purchased for me.

So, what I can do to make up for that is:
    Gift your game to two people of your choice. Someone you know who you think will appreciate it, a contest winner, whatever. You pick.

12. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #72 Nullzone, Apr 6, 2015
    Bug with Zoe in combat - cannot move or act

Also, I found another bug:
    Zoe, the girl with boomerang and falcon, sometimes cannot be moved in combat. She shows with 2 actionpoints, but the attack/skill icons are greyed out and cannot be used. Nor can you skip her turn.
    Also, while she shows as active, her movement range doesn't show. When you click somewhere within her moverange, you get the green highlight on that field, but that's it.
    Starting a new game fixed the problem for a while, but then I ran into again.

If you let me know whereto, I can send you the savegame for analysis.
    I would prefer to see a fix and not restart, as I got pretty lucky on that run and don't want to lose that.

Not a bug, but a question:
    I find her moverange of two pretty strange for someone with such a shortrange weapon. And think that move 3 would fit her better.
    While I am at it, Halfarus the Bowman could use a bit more attack range. 3 seems very short for someone with a longbow: only one more than a boomerang?. Especially when I compare it to Meledar's unlimited range (which makes him extremely deadly and an excellent choice) .

13. Baracus

Baracus Well-Known Member

haha, so Nullzone. What you are saying is, I got your game for free because you didn't fix it within 12 hours and I was *forced* to do a refund. Now I want you to buff these things for me and my game because it's not fair. Guess you will have to parch the other platform versions as well so the rules are the same for those whilst you are at it. Oh and fix my save file because I don't want to start again.

How many hours do they have to pander to those demands whilst you wait with your current game and you can't start a new one because of it? I get the feeling Bulwark are pretty lucky in this case that you couldn't pay again or you would be raging about losing your run lol

14. GiHubb

GiHubb Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 27, 2010
    CEO
    Was anyone able to beat the game on Normal?

15. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    #75 Nullzone, Apr 6, 2015
    @Baracus:
    Geez, some people...
    Quite convenient for you that you skipped the part where I wrote that I did not expect to get the game for free after refunding, and where I offered to gift it to two people of their choice in compensation, no?

Yes, in hindsight I admit Apple might make it a bit too easy with the refunds now. In the days before that, I would have just written the 5€ off as a loss and moved on.

And no, I do not expect them to "fix my savefile" . I can always call it a day and start the next playthrough, no biggie. But I expect someone as well-versed as your illustrious personage to of course know about the benefits of having a reproducable example of a bug.

No idea what you are blathering about with "parch to the other platform versions", though...

Just in case you do not have the game yet, I would suggest to Bulwark that you be one of the persons to receive it as gift from me. Sounds like just consequences to me, giving it to a person I already profoundly dislike after such a short time.

16. BulwarkStudios

BulwarkStudios Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Try to make good games ;)
    Angoulême (France)
    Hi!Thank you all very much for your feedbacks! We take good notes of them and we're really pleased to read that things are becoming better. That said, we will submit another patch with bug fixes really soon.
    Best,

17. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    @Bulwark:
    Forgot that in my above post. You might want to consider reducing Meledar's range a bit.
    With the current unlimited range, I quite often get long killchains going with him, easily enough to clean half the battlefield or more. Once or twice he cleared things by himself completely.
    This is alleviated later though, when more enemies have higher Armor values, making one-hit-kills no longer possible.

18. kurtalb1

kurtalb1 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Michigan
    I have encountered those bug with Zoe twice. It was after her weapon was upgraded to the second level and a rune added. This is the lone bug I have encountered in over 20 hours of gameplay. I am having an extremely good time playing the, despite the Zoe problem. I think this is a very underrated game!

19. kurtalb1

kurtalb1 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Michigan
    I only play on normal and have one victory (pretty exciting as the Hero was the only one left standing).

20. Nullzone

Nullzone 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Jul 12, 2013
    Male
    Congratulations! I didn't even manage to complete it on Easy yet. Sooner or later I always run out of healing items, no matter how many I stock up on. And then everyone slowly dies from attrition ;)

Curious which party you used for that.