Universal Crowntakers (by Kalypso Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Mar 30, 2015.

1. jackiemac

jackiemac Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 19, 2009
    Ditto. Fun game! Hoping for fixes soon!

2. The Son of Anarchy

The Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

May 14, 2012
    For me it is hit and miss. I just had another playthrough just to see if the bug was consistent and all was fine. But I probably won't bother going again because it's too frustrating when it actually does hit.

3. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Well there's an update out to fix "game breaking bugs".

4. anabolicMike

anabolicMike Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    I've been playing It quite a bit. It only died on me once, I was screwing around with settings or something.... It wasn't when I was playing a game. It's only ever died that once. Now it's got stuck where I can't do anything once or twice. Like I can quit the game and all that but I'm brought into combat mode and it's just stuck there with the little direction arrows on each computer guy. If I knew what I was doing I would assume the bug is in how the computer sets up its guys right at the beginning of the fight. I think that because it's like it's the computers turn and they are on the phase that turns your guys. They are highlighted I'm not, they have the direction arrows on the ground.... That's happened a couple times now....still a fun game.

5. cplr

cplr Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2011
    I can confirm that the bug is fixed. I had a save game at a point right before an encounter where it was happening 100% of the time. After update I was able to complete it. Thanks devs!

I can now completely recommend this title.

6. khann

khann Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2013
    This looks interesting. Is this combat like Final Fantasy Tactics? Will this fill the void I feel after I finishing Xcom?

7. forsakenxe

forsakenxe Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2014
    Bought :) and it's awesome!

8. BulwarkStudios

BulwarkStudios Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Try to make good games ;)
    Angoulême (France)
    Hello,So we managed to fix this bug but you already notified it.
    Thank you for your patience again and sorry for the inconvenient.
    Best,

9. D1vi8

D1vi8 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    Belgium
    #49 D1vi8, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
    Bought the game now problems seem fixed.
    Nice game, just started but I can't use the potions in a fight. I click on 'use' but nothing happens, even if I click on 'cancel' the pop up screen remains there.

Ipad Air

Quid?

10. BulwarkStudios

Dec 20, 2012
    Angoulême (France)
    Hi D1vi8, we have a patch on its way regarding this bug. We worked all night to fix the past blocking battle bug and get it published really quickly and this is an unexpected consequence of the previous one. We will keep you in touch as soon as the 1.1.3 is deployed.

11. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    @Touchy85: thank you for your video. Bought it after seeing the video. :D

12. anabolicMike

anabolicMike Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Yeah broken potions. It is a great game though. There's one thing I rally ish though.... Let me kno what you think mr awesome dev. You know when a day passes you enmy gets stronger shows up in a message? Could merchants get a new supply of items maybe? Also I got that rune that says its powerful but doesn't do anything alone, I got my weapons to lvl and then put it on ther with two other ones. Is that kinda th idea with that thing. Don't tell if it's a huge spoiler lol. If it makes it waaaayyyyy Cooler lt me know hahahaha. Anyway, new loot would be so cool. K thanks.

13. kurtalb1

kurtalb1 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Michigan
    Played for six hours last night without any problems at all (knock on wood). Had a blast with the game!

14. clarsonx

clarsonx Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2009
    Update introduced even worse bug where potions become unusable and sometimes put the game in a state where you can't use a potion or exit cancel out of the potion dialogue. This makes the game even more unplayable than before.

15. BulwarkStudios

Dec 20, 2012
    Angoulême (France)
    Hi! We submitted the definitive fix to this this morning (Europe time). We were working really hard to fix the previous critical bug and we fixed it but we got this side effect. Once again we apologize for the inconvenience. We are even more sorry that we also worked hard on the game and be sure it matters to us. We asked for an Apple quick review process in order to get the fix online as soon as possible. Thank you again for you patience.

16. D1vi8

D1vi8 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2014
    Belgium
    It made me realise that potions are of great tactical importance in battles... Looking forward at playing this game.

17. Chicknstu

Chicknstu Member

Sep 15, 2013
    Looks ace!

18. Oscar Streaker

Oscar Streaker Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Too deterministic

There's a lot I really like about this game. That said, it seems to be an exercise in making the exact right choice at every juncture. Unless I'm missing something, there is no way to recover HP other than food or potions. Even staying at an inn doesn't heal you. Food and potions cost money, but the loot and cash are so spare you often find yourself in the position of taking a wounded party into a battle you're likely to lose. To make matters worse, you may not be able to heal even if you have coin because nothing replenishes. Stores permanently run out of stock, buildings/caves/forests can't be re-explored, earlier battles can't be re-fought... There is zero opportunity to grind. Random maps, usually a boon, only work against you because not knowing the composition of an area, you can't avoid previous mistakes. Every sealed off mini map allows only a few choices before everything is funneled down to one or more big, unavoidable battles. If you're not in good shape, it's lights out. The art, UI.. are all really good, but the game design is so rigid and unforgiving it's a frustrating and muddled experience.

19. farley2k

farley2k Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2010
    I haven't played the game yet but my understanding is that is the rogue-like portion of the game. What that means is that your progress carries through to your next game - so dying is the way your grind. You play for awhile and get to level 2 then die but your next character starts at level 2 and might make it to level 3!

At least that is what I believe they are shooting for.

20. Drewshka

Drewshka New Member

Apr 2, 2015
    This game is totally awesome, I'm a big fan. It has a great balance, variety and flow. It is hard, but in this case it only makes it more interesting, and it's totally possible to play it successfully on normal mode.
    Hoping for quick bug fixes! Really want to play it.
    And also, would really like some clarification on that weapon rune, that doesn't do anything by itself) how to use it?