Universal Crowntakers (by Kalypso Media)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I did.

The problem is making room for playing. Lol

2. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    Alright boys give me the advanced tips !

3. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Give it time. It starts off deceptively easy and quickly ramps up the pressure. In some respects, it reminds me of FTL where you have a constant looming threat (the longer you take, the more enemies you'll have to face and the tougher they'll become) - so you have to balance the risk/reward of hanging around exploring and collecting enough items/materials/runes to upgrade characters and progress, without pushing the envelope one too many times.

4. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Don't die.

And don't hang around too long!

Keep your main character alive at all costs. I find spending the time to buff him up over the other characters pays dividends at keeping him alive and he can also become quite the sneaky 'in and out' assassin with a bit of practice.

I also tend to rely on the archer - definitely one to keep in the rear ranks sniping from afar. His special tower trick to increase range and over watch are really useful, but he lacks power to begin with so need to upgrade his bow early.

5. xDiamond

xDiamond Member

Oct 12, 2015
    How's the DLC? Worth the price? Enough content?

6. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    I'm wondering this as well

7. ZS77

ZS77 Well-Known Member

May 8, 2015
    Yes, it's worth the extra - it unlocks an entirely different route through the underworld, bit of a shortcut/detour and also pits you against the undead legions. You also unlock a new character, the Druid. FromSteam website:

"Crowntakers – Undead Undertakings leads you into the land of the living dead. Explore the sinister depths of the Necropolis where death and decay have left their foul footprints. Battle the horrors risen from their graves like zombies, skeletons and vampires, lead your fellow mercenaries to victory and back to sunnier climes.

Features:
    A brand-new powerful mercenary joins the cast: Malda, the Druid, can take a fair bit of damage but also deal some back in return; attack your foes by sacrificing health, and regain it by absorbing their attacks.
    Solve the mysteries of your fellow companions by completing each mercenary’s personal quest to awaken their full potential.
    12 special items empower your mercenaries with unforeseen abilities; equip Zoe’s diary or Melic’s loaded dice and go all-out.
    Travel through the unknown lands of the Necropolis, battle undead enemies like zombies, skeletons, and the realm’s dreadful boss.
    15 additional achievements put your skills to the test."

8. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Thanks man can you use the druid in the whole campaign not just the dlc part?

9. Ikeda

Ikeda Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Largo, FL
    So I bit on this thanks to you all. Then I read through all 35 pages. Then I proceeded to get my butt kicked... repeatedly. I think I'm doing something wrong. I run through so enemies are weak and I die. I take my time and spend 9 hr chunks searching (for all sorts of upgrade goodies) and then the enemies REALLY whoop me. I'm obviously missing something in the nuance (and yes, I clicked the Jester and read through (most) of his sections).

10. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Can you use the Druid in all areas or just dlc part?

11. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    All areas iirc

12. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    How long a run usually last?

Also, "the ultimate strategy rpg" sounds a little pretentious. Hope the game lives up to the hype!

13. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    I missed the sale over the weekend, but posts here have convinced me to grab the game and the DLC and give it a spin!

14. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    It's a little bit cheaper now. Let's seize the opportunity! :)

15. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Somehow missed this one the first time it was out, think because it wasnt Universal i gave it a pass.

Read a few reviews on it, looks great. Think i'll pick this one up

16. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Yeah, I remember I bought it on release then my iPad broke so I couldn't play it anymore. Then it finally went universal after the longest time & I got right into it again, plays great on smaller screen too. I'd recommend the dlc too because it adds more areas to explore and an extra character which is always welcome.

17. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Yeah bought it and had a quick go. Sure I’ll buy any extra bits. From the video review I watched it looked great

18. MulDeR

MulDeR Well-Known Member

May 22, 2017
    how does this works on a Iphone 6 Plus? anyone knows?

19. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    The text may be a little small, but it will work normally. This is the best discount ever, so take this opportunity. :D