Universal Crossy Road - Endless Arcade Hopper (by HIPSTER WHALE)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by klicktock, Nov 19, 2014.

1. BitStern

BitStern Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2014
  2. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    #82 PoloBaquerizoH, Nov 21, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2014
    So which characters would be the best ones, to buy? Anyone help? That in any way are different from the rest and that could change the visuals

3. copaeci

copaeci Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2012
    student, writer, reviewer, beta tester
    ID
    #83 copaeci, Nov 21, 2014
    same with the ghost character...
    Man this game is so addictive.. Can't stop playing

edit: I think we need to make a list some where about the character's ability. it'll help people to decide which character to buy :)

4. PoloBaquerizoH

Dec 30, 2013
    Yes please the best characters

5. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

#85 Anotherkellydown, Nov 21, 2014
    Congrats on the well deserved 5 star review on TA!

Does collecting the pink forget-me-nots do anything? This is the one character I bought so far.

Ok, so I noticed that
    when you collect 10 or so FMNs with him, the screen flashes after you collect more in the same run. It doesn't add any coins or points as far as I can tell.

6. Endscrypt

Endscrypt Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    This is a beauty of a game,has that one more go pull. And it's gorgeous to look at, so so gorgeous. Honestly one of the best mobile games I've ever played thank you to the devs of this game I see & feel the love in the game really well done on a free game done right, please never change it. Congrats :)

7. Zevious Zoquis

Zevious Zoquis Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Canada
    This is an addictive game. Very, very addictive.

:D

Is there a coin doubler or anything such like?

8. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #88 VirtualBoyFreak, Nov 21, 2014
    Thanks for the heads up. I finally decided towards buying the ghost, since it was the one (along with the gravedigger) who changes the game the most. I also won the wolf, which changed the lighting quite a bit, and the penguin, so the ghost seemed the way to go. And I was right: not only does it tamper with the lighting a lot (very dark!) but it also changes objects of the scenery! Nice one there.

Ghost: changes to night mode and adds graves and graveyards to scenery.
    Gravedigger: changes to night mode and adds graves and graveyards to scenery.
    Wolf: makes the lighting a bit darker, something between day mode (standard) and night mode (ghost/gravedigger).
    Penguin: turns scenery floor to white instead of green, imitating the south pole.

That's my experience. There are others that change things a bit (Epoch shoots at things, for example), but the ones at the top are the ones which make the most changes.

No coin doublers. Devs said that coins come in at a steady and good rate, so no coin doublers. If you want to support, buy a character. I went for the ghost.

9. Fangbone

Fangbone Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2012
    Michigan, USA
    As others have said, this is a great game. Can see it staying on my ipad for a long time. Great job devs.

10. studepaber007

studepaber007 Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2011
    Ohio
    Klicktock- if you are looking for ideas for more characters I'd suggest mouse, squirrel, bear (different kinds of bears koala, panda black bear), old lady, king, queen, knight, moose, Christmas themed like Santa, snowman, Abominable snowman, elf (with high pitched voice), giraffe, tiger, lion, kangaroo, t-Rex. So many possibilities.

Also like Andy mentioned in one of the first posts maybe a speed run mode to 100 would be pretty cool.

This is one of my most played games at the moment, really love it and I hope you reach the top of the charts :)

11. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    And platypus, don't forget a platypus!!! :)

12. PoloBaquerizoH

Dec 30, 2013
    Thanks!

13. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Stuck on 139 for awhile. Thinking of buying Epoch and Penguin but the Dark Lord is pretty cool too. Just received Hot Shot
    and he hits a base ball once in a while

14. Fedorov

Fedorov Well-Known Member

May 18, 2009
    Just got Dark Lord and Dracula, brilliant!!!

To reiterate my comments on the well deserved TA review:

Everyone is utterly hooked on this amazing game. I'd go so far to put this as a contender for GOTY - gamers need to purchase at least one 69p character to feed these awesome developers please.

Not until you've spent a few hours on this game do you realise the sheer amount of work and detail that went into this game. All the noises, play it with headphones to hear the traffic and trains whoosh past. The lighting, shadows it's hard to describe but I've not seen or played a game of this high quality for a long time.

Easy GOTW for me even against all the other strong releases. They've taken a classic Frogger game and made the most addictive endless runner ever. Released as a FREE game with nothing in your face forcing you to spend a penny. We should all buy a character out of guilt...

15. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

^^Good advice and nice compliments to the dev, Fedorov.

I bought the Epoch and Forget-Me-Not characters. Are those two only unlockable via IAP? I figured they were because of the App Store logo above them. So I bought them to make sure I could collect 'em all, and to support these awesome guys, of course.

As for future content updates, I like the idea of more characters, and I always like achievements ;) Another idea would be some way to sync your character unlocks across devices.

This has been my go-to game this week. My other apps are getting jealous :p

16. paulkane

paulkane Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2012
    Library automaton
    Denver
    I unlocked the hidden character! Ha. Love it. Very appropriate.

I'm up to 187...I find I get too impatient and speed along haphazardly...a speed run to 100 would be killer. Any speed run amounts, really.

I have received duplicate frankensteins and duplicate ballers and I think black sheep too...at first I thought it was just from the presents, but I've been earning all coins this afternoon and still got duplicates.

17. klicktock

klicktock Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Director of KlickTock
    Ballarat, Vic, Australia
    Thanks for the kind words Fedorov.

Character suggestions are awesome. We'll keep a big list. Had a request for the Minecraft Creeper, but you all are going to have to beg Mojang for that to happen! Haha.

18. klicktock

klicktock Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2009
    Director of KlickTock
    Ballarat, Vic, Australia
    Regarding support there's three things you can do.

1. Buy characters (and thanks to everyone who has).
    2. Watch Ads (this does help - I swear!)
    3. Tell ALL your friends!

We've got our fingers crossed for #1 game but there's a pretty stiff hill to climb this week :)

19. Jetjet

Jetjet Well-Known Member

May 14, 2010
    Wrong, Epoch and Forget-Me-not are available by lottery.
    If you see Appstore logo it's only a link from their previous games on the store !