iPad Crossbones new Pirate Puzzle (?) Game

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Chiller ONE, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
  2. JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo New Member

Dec 17, 2008
    I got it and it's fun. Reminds me a lot of the Set game but faster paced and the multiplayer is cool.

3. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    Can you play anybody in the multiplayer or do you have to now the person's screen name?

4. Chiller ONE

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Hmm, there's only one review in the whole world and its kinda hard to tell if its genuine or if the dev wrote it.
    Anyone else who got this game?

5. JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo New Member

Dec 17, 2008
    You play the multiplayer by joining a named room. If you want to play against someone specific you can join them in the same room. There arn't too many people playing right now so that easy. There is also local multiplayer, via bonjour.

6. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    Do you have a video?

Are you the developer or beta tester? It seems that you entered this forum just to reply to this topic... Not that there's anything wrong with that. It's always nice to talk to developers. That's all.

7. JoeyJoJo

JoeyJoJo New Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Carlos,

I'm a beta tester. I'll let the Devs know about the forum and ask for a video.

8. Dan@NIO

Dan@NIO New Member

Dec 19, 2008
    Crossbones video demo now available

Thanks for the interest in Crossbones. We've uploaded a video to youtube so you can see the game in action:
    http://tinyurl.com/49mple

I'll be happy to answer any questions about the game!

9. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    Thanks for the video
    The game looks quite interesting

10. Carlos-Sz

Nov 5, 2008
    Thank you.

Can we expect statistics (like winnings/losses)? This is a simple but a nice feature that increases the replay value because it's always a good reason to keep playing a game.

Downloading... :)

11. Dan@NIO

Dan@NIO New Member

Dec 19, 2008
    We're considering recording/showing statistics in a future update. We also keep a 'best time' for the different game modes - so you can compete against that each time you play.

12. Carlos-Sz

Nov 5, 2008
    #12 Carlos-Sz, Dec 19, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2008
    Great news! I really like statistics mostly because I always end up playing single mode so it's nice to keep track of winnings/losses as well as best time.

By the way, how can I access high score or the best time? I have the game right in front of me and I can't find. :eek:

OK! Now a quick review:

This is a very polished game with professional quality graphics. The mentioned quality is valid not only for the game itself but also for the interface: clean, well organized and beautiful! Quality!!

Now what is Crossbones? Well here it is another game excellence: it's a different and unique game based on a complex, but easy to understand, matching rules. Don't you think you'll just match 3 equal cards and you'll win in a blink of an eye. No. It's more than that and you'll find yourself thinking more than you may guess by looking for the screenshots and even the video (excuse me genius around the world, that's not for you of course).

There are up to 4 element combinations for you to handle in order to start making points. Thankfully the game has a handy tutorial that explains what you can do and what you can't. The first step here is to read the tutorial.

After the suggested reading I recommend you to start in easy mode so you can get the game idea faster and start to enjoy it as soon as possible.

Once you understand it then you can try Medium and Hard modes. You can even try play against more opponents (up to 3) or the Memory Challenge mode (one row is hidden from time to time). So there are a lot to do.

Multiplayer: I've played and it works nice, definitely a nice adddition. Statistics (one for single and another for multiplayer) are really necessary. Even the number of cards/loots would be nice to have tracked down.

There are only two things this game should have: statistics (to increase the replay value specially in single player) and colorblind mode (since the game requires color recognition it's always nice to have an alternative like different textures).

Right now it's 4/5+ and it is on sale until the end of 2008!

13. snow_mani

snow_mani Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    Thanks!

@Carlos-Sz Thanks for the review. I've now downloaded it and added it to the pile of games I'll be able to play on my Christmas break.

14. Carlos-Sz

Nov 5, 2008
    So you have a pile too?! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one. :D

15. snow_mani

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    I should be honest and confess that it is not really a pile.... it is more of a MOUNTAIN of games! :D

As my Visa statement attests, I buy sooo many games that I don't have time to play them all. And I've been justifying this by telling myself that I will have lots of time between Christmas and New Year. After buying SimCity yesterday and also adding that one to the mountain, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one! I feel ever so slightly less guilty now. :)

16. Chiller ONE

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    They just dropped the price to 1 buck but I'm still undecided...
    :(

17. snow_mani

Oct 20, 2008
    Melbourne, Australia
    I purchased this earlier today and the price was US$0.99.

The App Store description says price will go up 1st Jan. So you've still got plenty of time to think about it.

There might be some more reviews for it soon.

18. Carlos-Sz

Nov 5, 2008
    Just to let you know that I tested multiplayer and it works! :)

Statistics (one for single and another for multiplayer) are really necessary. Even the number of cards/loots would be nice to have tracked down.

19. Chiller ONE

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Its free now and getting front page love!

20. carolynn7

carolynn7 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Reno, NV
    I recently got this game and am liking the challenge. I would really like to play multiplayer , but no one is ever on there. :( does anyone play this game?