Cross purchases between iOS and Apple TV.

Discussion in 'Apple TV Games' started by elthesensai, Dec 3, 2015.

1. elthesensai

elthesensai Member

Nov 13, 2012
    I've been looking around to see if there's a list with all cross purchases between all of Apple's devices and can't seem to fine one. Just purchased Does not Commute on Apple TV figuring it'll show up on my iPhone with no such luck, so you can imagine how annoyed I was. That got me into thinking what games are cross purchase? Is there a way to find out from the App Store description that I'm not seeing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Zwilnik

Zwilnik Well-Known Member

This is called "Universal Purchase" and it's an an option Apple have made available to devs for iOS and tvOS apps. If an app is set for Universal Purchase, the Apple TV version will list iPhone and iPad compatibility along with Apple TV on its page.

We've set Universal Purchase on all our Apple TV games (SlotZ Racer 2, Tiny TrackZ and Any Landing) and plan to do it for all future ones.

3. s.ennis

s.ennis Member

Sep 26, 2014
    Down the bottom on the Apple TV description is a list of supported devices, if it only says Apple TV, it's not universal, otherwise it will list iPhone, iPad etc, whatever is compatible. The other quick way is by the title, it can't be the same if it's not universal, so if it has TV at the end or similar, it's likely Apple TV only.

4. elthesensai

elthesensai Member

Nov 13, 2012

Awesome. I'll be supporting by purchasing those titles.