iPad Critter Defense 1.1 -- TD, now w/ Facebook Connect

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by chasing, Jul 31, 2009.

1. chasing

chasing Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2009
    Hey --

Critter Defense 1.1 is out! Same game, now with better friending -- via Facebook Connect. Share your scores, see high score lists with only your friends, etc.

We've got five stars in the App Store at the moment -- thanks for the reviews!

Learn more:

http://m.oji.to

-----

[​IMG]

Description:

Critters are on the march! Choose from an arsenal of towers and build your defenses to stop their merciless onslaught.

This gorgeous and innovative tower defense game breaks free from the grid and brings players to whole new level of tactical (and tactile) nuance. It's part action game, part puzzle game, and part strategy game. Featuring:

Deadly Enemies — Critters come in a variety of menacing breeds, including some that heal themselves and some that fire back!

Deadlier Towers — Poison! Blast! Mud! Flame! Each tower has its own unique and destructive effects on the Critter hordes.

See the Worlds — Play across twelve levels in three worlds: Grasslands, Seashore, and Metropolis.

Choose Your Challenge — Once you've beaten a level, perfect it! Once you've perfected it, go for the high score! And with so many tower combinations available, the gameplay will last as long as you want.

Social Networking — Trade strategies and tips with other players on the in-game discussion board and see how you match up against friends or strangers on the dynamic leaderboards.

Critter Defense brings strategic depth that challenges your reflexes and your brain. Check it out!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. GaiaIllusion

GaiaIllusion Well-Known Member

May 6, 2009
    Student
    加拿大
    That's a cute looking TD game.

3. dragmor

dragmor Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2009
    This looks really polished

4. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    ugh i was gonna wait for a sale in the future but this game looks so good, i think i have to buy it now

5. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
  6. RobCRX

RobCRX Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Student
    NY
    Cute. But is it worth three dollars?

7. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
  8. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    read devils review then see what you think, for me not really

9. RobCRX

RobCRX Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Student
    NY
    I'm happy with geodefense. Better graphics, effects, and it's two dollars cheaper.

I'd this if I had a child or younger sibling that I needed to entertain.

10. jchampl

jchampl Well-Known Member

#10 jchampl, Jul 31, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2009
    please for the love of god, please tell me when I exit out of the game when I come back my progress is not saved. I have waited on posting a review because this is a major negative, that I would have to put in my review, I am hoping this has been fixed in the newest version.....

11. RobCRX

RobCRX Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Student
    NY
    Isn't having your progress saved a good thing?

12. jchampl

while both are td games, the two of them couldn't play much more different. The whole towers must be built near a power supply or another tower, in order to work, is a very different kind of idea and game.

13. jchampl

meant not. thanks :) fixing. lol

14. chasing

Jul 20, 2009
    Save features & Price

Thanks for the feedback, everyone.

Yes! A save feature is in the works. Probably next update.

Sorry if anyone lost a game because they expected it. It's actually kind of a toughie to program properly and we didn't realize it would be such an issue.

About the price point: We have a freebie sitting in limbo waiting for someone at Apple to get off of their thumbs. So there's that.

We had a pretty good discussion about price point in the other thread, I think. At the moment we're going to hold at $2.99 -- which is really not much. $0.99 plus a cup of coffee. :)

The reason (for now): We want to be able to devote time and energy to a follow-up game, and we just don't feel like $0.99 is enough. We think we're respecting both players and ourselves with this -- it guarantees that we're putting thought, energy, and excitement into the games! Hopefully we're not wrong about the perception.

That said, we want people playing the game. Because we think it's quite fun. Shoot me an e-mail at josh@m.oji.to and I might be able to get you a promo code if you'd really like to check it out but are unsure about the cost. The one thing I'd like in return is a review with your real thoughts on the game -- either here or in some other public space. Not a 4000-word article, just your impression.

Or, y'know, if price point is really a complete deal-breaker, we still really would like to know. :) We're not greedy, just trying to figure out the economics of this whole thing...

Thanks!!

Critter Defense! :: http://m.oji.to

15. jchampl

good to hear, i dislike the playing the game since i don't often have time to spend playing through all the necessary rounds. I tried taking longer poops, however my butt gets numb before the rounds are up. :(

16. chasing

Jul 20, 2009
    Poop-length

Y'know, we're New Yorkers and we aimed to make the levels "subway-ride-length."

Our next game (which I'm sure I'll start blabbing about here once it's ready) will be much more "poop-length" friendly.

It's a good unit of time to keep in mind.

17. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    lol, hilarious

18. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    eat something bad thats keep you on the ol' potty for some time

19. Dark NRG

Dark NRG Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Filmographer
    More Music

I really like this game, but sorely miss the cool music when playing, infact the sound is a bit yucky compared to most.

I'd like to request to incorporate some music. The look and feel is almost like the band Lemon Jelly, and so does the intro music. It be awesome if that feel is preserved during gameplay.

20. chasing

Jul 20, 2009