Universal Crimsonland HD (by 10tons)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Sep 20, 2014.

1. 10tonsLtd

10tonsLtd Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2009
    #61 10tonsLtd, Oct 10, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
    This'll be fixed in the update already in review. The update will have new leaderboards with proper ordering.

2. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    With every perk/weapon more unlocked, the game gets better and better, specially in the survivor mode. Glad i spent my last $$$ on this blast from the past.

The music from the Gembine game, who is it from ? I know it but just can't recall. Actually, i'd like to know all music's names, if possible please.

3. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    #63 10tonsLtd, Oct 10, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
    Glad you like the game!

The music in Gembine is the same as in death/high score screen. The track seems to be titled "Shortie Monk", and we have frankly no idea what it means. All of the music was done 11 years ago for the classic crimsonland by Ville Eriksson and Valtteri Pihlajamäki.

What you're probably thinking about is "Don't Fear the Reaper" by Blue Öyster Cult, as the track is a total wink-wink nudge-nudge :)

4. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    Hell yeah, BOC is it, thanks !

5. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Bought it, and enjoying it! Perfect for shooters fans!

6. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    Awesome to hear that you guys are enjoying the game!

7. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Weapons and enemies are just pure adrenaline, an adictive game! No doubt!

8. Adams Immersive

Adams Immersive Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 5, 2008
    Freelance interactive design and programming
    Ohio
    Oh no! I hate when I download a knockoff (Crimsonworld) without realizing! Glad I stumbled on this thread to discover the original.

9. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    I realized/remembered as well that i played that game a long time ago. In fact, i re-downloaded it just to delete it five minutes later, lol, no further comment necessairy.

I'm on hard mode now and checked the weapons/perks side. Missing the last two weapons and one perk. How to unlock these ? Achieve all "no scratch" in normal mode (impossible for me, i tried many times), beat hard mode, or what?

10. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    Yeah, you get the weapons for completing the Quests on Hardcore and Grim. And the perk by beating the set score in Gembine.

And, actually, the "Not a Scratch" is more like "Not a Scratch When the Level Ends". So if you go into options and turn on perks in Quests, you may find it quite a bit easier (if all else fails, try to get regeneration and run around the last monster until you're fully healed. Such an extreme trick shouldn't be necessary though.)

11. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    Nice to know. I was wondering whether getting your health back up to 100% before the end of the level would count. Running around to let my health regenerate at the end would feel like cheating to me, but getting back to 100% by picking up a healing powerup seems fine to me. I managed to get the no scratch award for all the levels up through 2.9, but 2.10 seems impossible to me.

Still really enjoying the game. I finished all the quests on the first difficulty and started on the next difficulty. The game is so good I kind of feel bad for buying the $5 unlock instead of the $10 one. I hope it does really well.

12. Qwertz555

May 22, 2010
    #72 Qwertz555, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
    After hours of playing (everything else on hold, so addicted to this), i finally found the perks mode. Never opened the gameplay option :eek:
    Even with perks on and "thousend deaths" later, no skills left to beat 2-10 on hardcore, no way. And i had all the weapons and perks armed to get the best results, imo. Pity, i will never see those two weapons.

The Gembine perk is what i'm going for next, thanks for the tip, and after that i only need the Gamecenter update to keep me happy and going for highscore on survival mode.

Edit: though i'm a "running cheater", i can't beat the boss levels 2/4/6 without a scratch on easy mode. Definitely lacking some skills.

13. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    It's not an easy game! We left the difficulty level to exactly where it is on PC, Playstation 4 and Vita versions, even though the game is definitely more difficult to play with virtual thumbsticks. Then again, when you play the iOS version with an MFi controller, it's basically the same as on any platform.

I personally tried the very last level (6.10) on Grim without perks 1001 times without completing it. Then I turned on the perks and cleared it in 9 more attempts. So perks definitely help in levels where there are plenty of monsters to kill.

(I think the final level is a little different now though, so it shouldn't be *that* difficult anymore)

14. suddene

suddene Member

Mar 14, 2009
    Cannot Beat Grim 6.10 (perks on) no matter what I try...
    I am assuming the last weapon which is locked will be unlocked when i finish this level? What is the weapon?
    How did you finish this level? Please give some tips... I must have played it literally over a thousand times... I get very close to defeating it but always get overwhelmed... here is some strategies I have tried, please advise:

1. used my level up/perk as a weapon... when you have achieved a full bar and get to pick a level up, it does a circular wave around the player that destroys enemies and pushes back enemies.. So I have tried rushing in a swarm with the level up which works sometimes, allowing me to grab power ups. But not good enough...
    2 I have tried picking a perk, then rushing in a swarm to grab power ups because I noticed when you level/perk up, you have an invincibility force field for a few seconds...
    3. I would rush in, grab the freeze, then the nukes and then scramble to each power up that appears, which gets me close.. Kind of like a rush to get all power ups. That helps but still i can’t defeat the level...

I need advice on what the best weapon is to destroy the splitting cloning spiders...
    I have tried to not even shoot the spiders so they dont multiply and get up to the green zombie that has tons of followers but no luck,,
    I have noticed if I get the toxic/uranium power up along with the poison, it turns the spiders to a red glow and they end up dying quickly, but it’s chance very lucky to get that power up..
    Usually when I get to the spiders that are pink with shields and have triple shots, im done... my only chance is to rush in a group and be lucky to grab multiple power ups over and over like a chain reaction, yet im still far from defeating it...
    I would relaly like to see a video of someone finishing this level because I cannot find any possible strategy that works, even after so many attempts,

Addicting game, great and one of the if not the best twin shooters I played
    ..so… What’s the last weapon?
    How to finish Grim Last level, tips please Thanks

15. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    The last weapon is the Splitter Gun, I think? It's potentially the best weapon in the game, and definitely interesting to play with (... because it's the only weapon with friendly fire, so you can kill yourself with it!)

The pushback effect when gaining a level is just that, a pushback. It doesn't do any damage to enemies. But it's definitely helpful, as is the short shield associated with it.

Anyway, 6.10 on Grim. It's hard. First of all, you need a good weapon. Rocket Launcher is proven to work well, but Plasma Cannon, Ion Cannon, Swarmer Rockets and such may work too. You definitely need as much raw power as possible. A shotgun is worth considering, as Fire Bullets just rock with a shotgun.

Perks obviously help a lot. Poison Bullets is great for killing the Spideroids, as the poison spreads to spawns and wipes them out almost instantly. Long Distance Runner helps a lot if you use it properly, and the level will probably be long enough for Regeneration to be fruitful.

Tactically, you'll want to chain Shield, Freeze and Reflex Boost. Don't pick up any of them at the same time! Instead, pick them one after the another, so you'll have something to keep you safe as much of the time as possible. Note also that you get infinite ammo for the duration of Reflex Boost. It's handy!

Do note, however, that Spideroid spawns escape Freeze. In other words, Spideroids get frozen just like all monsters (except shielded ones), but the smaller spiders they spawn when dying aren't frozen.

Overall, powerups are the key, just like in Survival. When you have a lot of monsters on screen, and kill them in massive enough quantities, powerups drop all the time. Powerups are generally more devastating than any weapon, so try to blast with powerups only as much as possible. It's very much a snowball effect; when you get a huge horde down, you're generally rewarded with a couple of powerups which should allow you to get the next horde down.

I hope this helps!

16. spajdr

spajdr Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Male
    Elder administrator
    Czech Republic, Ostrava
    Game Impressions

Two things i don't like.
    First problem is solved after i used MFI gamepad.
    But if someone don't have it, this can happen.:
    When you get in any corner, i don't see my dude, due to virtual sticks placement = this can be deadly situation, unless of course your fingers are translucent.
    Second problem, when i'm trying to achieve no scratch, sometimes monster spawn exactly at my place and i need to restart mission. With shield it's fine, but of course i can't have it all the time.
    Otherwise it's great game.

Cheers
    Marek

17. 10tonsLtd

Mar 10, 2009
    We have some ideas how to fix it, but we aren't sure yet how good they are. One would be to sacrifice some screen estate for blackness when the player is near the arena borders so that the player would be more or less centered even in that situation. The game would look a bit worse, but the playability would be better in a situation like this.

You're protected from damage from that enemy for some time but you need to notice it quickly. Sadly the enemies are sometimes hard to spot in this scenario.

18. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    Actually you don't need to restart just because you get a scratch. The no-scratch award is given if you are at 100% health when the mission ends, but it doesn't require that you didn't get hit at all. You can get hit and then get back to 100% health by the end by picking up health powerups or getting health regeneration perks, and you'll still get the no-scratch award. I didn't know this at first either, and I would restart every time I got a scratch, which quickly got boring and frustrating on harder levels. Now that I know healing counts, I will keep playing even when I get hit in hopes that I get a healing powerup or perk, and I've gotten a lot of no-scratch awards that way.

19. spajdr

spajdr Well-Known Member

Mar 29, 2011
    Male
    Elder administrator
    Czech Republic, Ostrava
    that's a good tip! thanks mate :)

20. bilboa

bilboa Well-Known Member

May 23, 2013
    Boston, MA, USA
    I just finished all the quests on Hardcore difficulty. That was fun! This is a great game.