Universal CrimsonHeart

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by goiMot, Nov 30, 2011.

1. gunxsword

gunxsword Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Is it easy to dodge enemy attacks? I saw the wolves in Sanuku's video showing a hint before delivering attacks...

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Some enemies are easier. Jellies can be tough to read.

3. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    COOL! :D

Another question... how do you feel about the magic system? Like, are the magic costs high or low? Does mana/magic or whatever regenerate (at all) at a lenient rate? Are mage classes dependent on mana potions?

4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    So far mana has been cheap. It helps that you get mana (and some health) from killed enemies.

5. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    WOOT! I volunteer to purchase pointless IAP! :D Love to support devs who try to make the game player-friendly (Gamevil :mad:).

6. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    #66 jsrco, Dec 3, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2011
    It does turn into a grind later on... only because you want to grind to go into the arena for gear crafting mats. I have been finding a huge need for potions at the moment, and for the first time in these rpgs, have started putting points into VIT.

I have actually started the game over only becuase I would rather go into bash / slash differently. Couple of bugs... quest dialogue does not appear after turning in a quest, so if there is a follow up you wouldn't know without looking at your quest menu. Also the AI is stupid. Really really stupid.

Plus a new quote from the game.

"My arms are swollen from all this work."
    "Ya swollen with fat I bet."

7. eAdvisory

eAdvisory Well-Known Member

Nov 22, 2011
    Detroit
    Any word on when they will be releasing this again. this is kinda ridiculous

8. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    lol well.... SP regeneration is found on some rings i got. though i'm hoping i can find the same for health. SP is actually not a problem unless you're fighting a boss then you'll run dry quickly.

then the drop health/SP is cool and all but tbh it's hardly noticeable to almost nothing :( this is one of the downers of the game. they added that cool mechanic but it's used horribly. i tried testing this and seeing the effects on my health... and i swear that a "health orb" from a dead enemy gave me 1 point of health. another time my health didn't even increase -_-

so yeah, this game excels in all areas including being harder. i can't mindlessly hackandslash like i used to. i spend 40% of my time dodging or running. and i even had to pay the priestess a lot of money to heal my party. i hope i adjust to this or else i'm going to have to resort to some IAP =\

9. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    It costs money to heal!? :eek:

10. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    It isn't as bad as you think. Every game has something like this. Its just like staying at an inn. Its cheaper than buying potions too.

11. FrozenFlame

FrozenFlame Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2011
    the game is awesome, that's no doubt about it.

I bought the game as long as it released, play it for half a hour, then cannot wait to recommend this game to my friends, but they found that the game has been removed from the app store.

so I just wonder will you release your game again? and should I buy your new version if I want to get further upgrade?

12. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    :confused::confused::confused:

The definition of "a lot" is quite scary you know... :eek:

13. jsrco

jsrco Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 15, 2009
    Coordinator
    Seattle
    Its cheaper than potions is what is better way of putting it. But hey, there are no iap and the game has you actually move around and set up your attacks. No complaints there.... plus I am addicted to getting gear from the arena crafting mats.

14. SkyMuffin

SkyMuffin Well-Known Member

May 24, 2010
    college student, ENG/WGS major
    Lexington, KY
    Have you played Wild Frontier? There's IAP, but it is almost totally playable without it. It does add a bit of tedium if you don't buy extra inventory space though.

15. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    Yup! Loved every minute of it :D. But I disliked how boring and repetitive the bosses and the last area were...

It's gotta be my fav RPG for iOS (before I touch Crimsonheart...)

16. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    any crafting tips? i've never been good at crafting. i just kill enemies until they drop a good weapon =p

gunxsword: well to me it's quite a lot but i manage. a S potion costs 480 and to heal + sp heal your entire party (or my 2 characters) costs about 1500? so yeah it's a bit pricey but it's better than healing each person individually.

i'm only pointing this out because in Zenonia I rarely even used potions. the only things that really killed me were bosses. this game, you have to dodge and balance your money and potions. like another person here said, i've been actually putting points into the VIT stat now lol

17. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    This game sounds so freaking good and I wanna cry because I didn't buy it :(

18. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    How?

19. L.Lawliet

Jun 28, 2011
    jb i'm guessing..?

don't worry guys, it'll be up eventually and you can buy the game to at least support the devs so they know they're doing something right (sorry, i'm tired of the last 20000 krpgs that are put out about every 3 or 4 months).

ahh i wouldn't blame yourself. buying anything on impulse is usually a bad idea. if the game was crappy that'd be a lot of money down the drain.

i hope all this hype won't make you disappointed once you actually get the game :p

20. gunxsword

Dec 24, 2010
    Sydney
    There was a gameplay video and multiple overwhelmingly positive player impressions!

Gotta watch the video again :p