iPad Crimson Gem Saga: Atlus/IRONNOS JRPG

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by squarezero, Aug 4, 2010.

1. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Switch to the fixed d-pad (in the main menu). It's a lot better than the floating one.

2. Cardboardbox

Cardboardbox New Member

Sep 10, 2010
    Was excited to get this game once I saw screenshots and was waiting for my check to clear, the fact that it's now on sale for $5 totally made my day! Bought instantly, can't wait to start playing.

3. sdmiracle

sdmiracle Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2010
    i was using the fixed d-pad:(

everytime when i go through a map, press the d-pad, it will go to the opposite direction so i will be back to the previous map again:mad:
    the only solution i found is to keep holding the d-pad when you walking through a map:)

4. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    I had that issue for a bit as well since the dead zone on the dpad is so small. When in fixed dpad mode the entire screen is part of the dpad. So you can touch the top left corner of the screen and it counts as a diagonal input, so you can just overshoot the dpad in the direction you want to go in

5. Krollx

Krollx Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Wow... this really is an awesome rpg game. It took me two tries to get used to the battle menu system. Instead of holding down to flick through the options, stroke up or down - it makes it alot easier.

6. backslashio

backslashio Well-Known Member

Apr 7, 2010
    Perth, WA
    As others have mentioned the menu & shopping system sucks! Really needs a d-pad, trying to buy a sword felt like way too much guesswork & accidental quantity increases

7. Cigaweedz

Cigaweedz Member

May 27, 2009
    #927 Cigaweedz, Sep 11, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
    Use the flick system within the menu box. It takes a bit of getting use to since it's not the conventional method of going through items/skills.

Notice the menu box and its shadow-like borders? You should be using little flicks within those boundaries, regardless of whether it's the Action Menu when you fight an enemy,the General Menu that has your characters/items/skills/status or the Shopping Menu.

Hope this helps those who've just bought this great game and have started playing it.

P/S: I still get issues with buying/selling items. The quantity part is just bad. Accidents will and have happened. What's sad is that this is my second run with the game, since the 99:59:59 time bug hit me hard and I was near the end of the game. Oh well.

8. Played this on a friends iPhone last night. I highly enjoy the retro feel of it however I really wish it implemented multitasking. Playing for 15 minutes here and there, closing out of the game, then being able to pull it back up exactly where you left off. This is what the game is missing.

9. Shebby289

Shebby289 Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    It's definitely up there in a different league along with Chaos Rings. Personally I just couldn't get into Zenonia as it required way too much grinding for my tastes. Yes crimson gem saga also has it's fair share of grinding but it certainly isn't as monotonous.

The problem lies with the UI. While it's useable after you're used to it. But it really ought to be more user friendly. I shouldn't be needing to head to the forum to ask how to purchase some riding boots from the store!

10. RoadRunner123

RoadRunner123 Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2010
    I also couldn't get into Zenonia even though I bought it, but I like Crimson Gem Saga although I haven't played since I found out I had to do something before going into the place with the 30,000 sword so Ill have to go through that annoying dungeon again :(

11. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    I can't believe I waited so long to get this.
    Although, I'm only level 5, all I can say is that this blows any current rpg away.

The graphics are just amazing, perfect really. The combat is appropriate with minimum grinding. The storyline is freaking great.

If you're a rpg fan, please get this game..it's really the best rpg I've seen so far. CGS > Chaos Rings in the turn based rpg genre any day.

Cheers.

12. Hazing

Hazing Member

Jul 28, 2010
    Saw the price drop and I'm a little interested in getting this game. My only question, is there an option to turn off the voice acting?

13. sdmiracle

Jun 23, 2010
    i am not sure but the voice acting in story always pops out before the texts appears:mad:

i can't read and listen different things at the same time:mad:

14. jar0d

jar0d Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2010
    Europe

Same problem here... I just tap on the screen to make the text appear completly.

15. sdmiracle

Jun 23, 2010
    than i can't read the previous line :mad:

16. sdmiracle

Jun 23, 2010
    just read some article about this game, i can gain a additional attack when i do critical attack?

how do you do this?

17. abdsani

abdsani Member

Aug 1, 2010
    Sometimes when you attack your opponent, the 'a button' will momentarily appear on the screen. Tapping the 'a button' will make you character perform an additional attack to the target. Take note that this is easier said than done because the button only shows up for only a fracture of second. I guess this is the developers' way of distinguishing between a hardcore jrpg gamer and a casual gamer.

18. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Whenever you do a normal attack (in other words, choose "attack" from the menu, rather than a special ability), start tapping in the lower-center portion of screen, immediately above the character portraits. If the button appears -- which happens randomly after a critical hit -- you will active the special follow-up attack.

19. jwei44

jwei44 Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2009
    High School Graduating
    California
    Does this happen to anyone else?

No matter where I am in the game, if I put it in my pocket momentarily, or clean the screen, the whole interface just stops working. Music still plays, characters and such still animate, but touching the screen does nothing. It's almost like it freezes.

20. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    lucky you, finally you get it, not miss it.;)