iPad Crimson Gem Saga: Atlus/IRONNOS JRPG

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by squarezero, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Cigaweedz

Cigaweedz Member

May 27, 2009
    #821 Cigaweedz, Aug 23, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2010
    Killian : Cross Slash and Blade of Fury to level 5. Restoration level 3 is nice but in the late game isn't needed anymore. Tents become cheaper.

Spinel : Iffy on her. She's great at the start but isn't so in late game since her atk skills are more for single enemies. Nonetheless, Gale Force is good to dish out some nice damage to soften the enemies. Her middle/strong atk skills like Deadly Attraction / Toxic Needle / Illusion Assault are ok too. Her crits are amazing though.

Henson : Great for killing many enemies at the start but later on he's kinda meh. His strong/massive spells are great. He has a lot of mana so I didn't waste my SP on his low/middle spells. Not needed in my opinion. A good buffer too with spells like Inspire and Battle Cry. You need him for the optional bosses to get Killian's best armor and sword.

Gelts : Kicks ass with his Doom Hammer level 5. A great finisher when Killian isn't able to kill all enemies with his Blade of Fury.

Lahduk : The fastest s.o.b in the game. His turn will always come first. His Way of the Dragon level 5, even though it's a single enemy skill, is great for dealing massive damage. Low mana tank though.

Acelora : I find this girl to be better than Spinel. Final Judgement level 5 is awesome. Acelora doesn't die so easily either but her mana tank is low. Another great finisher like Gelts.

I don't waste my SP on single enemy spells/skills because most of the time, you're gonna encounter more than one enemy on the battlefield.

2. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    Well her speciality with her skills is mass status effects, not really damage. Focus on the skills which give mass status effects to the enemy (poison, sleep, plague etc.), and leave the damage to her normal criticals.

3. CrimsonGemSaga

Jul 30, 2010
    Thanks for pointing out! We've figured out the problem and fixed it!

4. Cigaweedz

Cigaweedz Member

May 27, 2009
    Why though, when you have mass damage from your other party members. Just a waste of mana/SP, IMHO. Status effects aren't a big deal in this game that you need to inflict them on the enemy. It's either inflict damage or pass the turn to someone else. Most enemies die in 2 full turns.

Another reason is that the controls in-game aren't the best and having to go through so many skills just to select one spell/skill is kinda silly. Take Henson for example; having to go through most of his elemental spells just to select Mjolnir's Might in the menu is tedious. Sure I've had tons of SP to spare to put into other skills but my selected spells/skill are my bread and butter.

5. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    Add on top of all skills mentioned above, combination skill "Grace of God" is a must for the last 2 side quests

6. cabaret

cabaret Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Would anyone mind explaining me how the 'multiple hits after a critical' system works? I've just read about it in a PSP review of the game and I see an 'A' button pop up when
    I do a regular (no MP) crit, but I have no idea how to do more than one hit in a row.. Anyone? Thanks in advance!

7. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    When you attack normally, tap repeatedly on that spot where you saw the A. If you do critical damage, there is a chance you'll get the bonus hit.

8. ImLegend

Jun 26, 2010
    when the 'A' button appear, it is always at the lower-center area of your battle screen

9. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    Does that really work? The original game specifically mentions to not button mash as the game watches for it. It might not be in the port since the button only appears when it's needed but i've been avoiding tapping that area early just in case

10. ImLegend

Jun 26, 2010
    it woks but need lot of practice before you can do a success one, timing is the key... I'm playing the 2nd time of the game, and the success rate is about 10~20% to me

11. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    if timing is the key then it's not button mashing...

I hit the combo almost half the times it comes up but I was hoping I could just tap the screen over and over and increase my percentage (especially for Lahduk since his combo is 3 steps)

12. Kylescorpion

Kylescorpion Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2010
    Ok so I have 2 questions

1. How much memory does this game take once downloaded. Like 600mb right?

2. I want to finally pick this game up but I'm worried about a price drop as soon as I get it lol. So do you think it'll go on sale soon or will it be 9.99 for awhile?

13. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    1. 738.5mb

2. I doubt it will go on sale for lower since the psp version is something like 3x the price

14. chickdigger802

chickdigger802 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    Atlanta GA
    Who knows about price. Robocalypse (sp?) been really cheap on iphone compare to ds version. Been on tons of $1 sales and free more than once.

15. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    That's why I said that I doubt it and not "it will never ever go on sale".

Also, crimson gem saga is the most full featured rpg on the AppStore while robocalypse was plagued with bland gameplay and terrible controls (so much so that the dev removed it from the AppStore)

16. ikemike

ikemike Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    Is the amulet of healing supposed to regain a little MP too? For some reason, mine is, and I don't think it's supposed to.

17. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    Who do you have it on? The mage (henson?) has a passive ability that restores some MP which might be why you see both

18. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Really? Passive? I thought we must manually convert the HP into MP (if that's what you mean).

I put Amulet of blabla (the one that restores MP) on Lahduk and initially it worked alright, like 2MP per turn, but now I can't see anything. Is there anything wrong?:confused:

19. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator

Jul 19, 2008
    Orlando, FL
    In henson's skill tree he has a passive ability for it. Killian has one that raises the defense of all allies, spinel has one that raises her agility, etc

20. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Ah I see, the (P) in that Skill tree PDF means passive, heheh.

Thanks, will learn those.