iPad Crimson Gem Saga: Atlus/IRONNOS JRPG

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by squarezero, Aug 4, 2010.

1. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    after enter monastery, go NORTHEAST pass the field and then go through the path in between the trees...

if you still stuck, let me know. if I got time to walk back there I'll give you a screenshot

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    #802 squarezero, Aug 22, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
    There's another (secret) entrance, then.

Nevermind, it's the same entrance. But you go Northwest when you enter the Monastery section, though the actual location is NE from the monastery building.

3. Lautron

Lautron Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    I'll be getting this game soon! I'll wait until some of the bugs are fixed up though! This looks fantastic though... After beating Chaos Rings, this seems like the RPG for me!

4. writingsama

writingsama Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    thank you!

I've gotten the impression leveling isn't a huge deal since everybody talks about how they are lvl99 maxed...is it safe to put a character I'm not using away for 20 levels and take him out and power level him later?

5. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    The actual bugs are fixed -- at least I haven't run into anything new. Whether they'll change the interface or add additional VO is doubtful.

6. ImLegend

Jun 26, 2010
    are we talking the same thing... the "MONASTERY BACKYARD" side quest from Englehyde, anyway here is the screen capture

[​IMG]

7. Lautron

Lautron Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2009
    @Squarezero: then I guess I'll be getting it sooner than I thought :D

8. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    We are -- we were just using two different reference points.

9. ImLegend

Jun 26, 2010
    #809 ImLegend, Aug 22, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
    I found this game is not only testing how hard you trained your characters, but solving out puzzles on those dungeons are painful(*) in the second half of game, base on your question(progress) you haven't facing any real challenge yet... after you reach Ganensher Dungeon, you'll find out more of the game... so the hard mode is kinda meaningless.

(*) should I say painful, it should be enjoyable ;)

10. ImLegend

Jun 26, 2010
    ah ic

11. Surfheart

Surfheart Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Australia
    Ugh, the selection in the combat UI is driving me crazy, I've been trying for the last 5 minutes to choose a healing potion and I can't manage it!!! I've tried slow drags, quick flicks, standing on my head, nothing works!!!

12. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    It's straight up and down -- don't try to follow the circle.

13. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    @squarezero & imlegened:
    Thanks guys, found it yesterday just before going to bed.

14. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Oh it's so much fun running around with Mercury Shoes, I love teasing the monsters. Popping in front of him to alert him then running away :D

Even more fun when getting chased by 2-3 monsters at the same time, and the desert near monastery is a perfect place for it since it's so open and we can run freely.

15. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Agreed. It adds a bit of an action component to what's otherwise a turn-based game.

16. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    I know it's impossible to put in an update, I'm just saying for the sake of saying, that it would be real nice if the game shows all the party members when walking around (not just during cutscenes). Magical Starsign on the DS can do this with 5 party members.

I understand though it's a game design consideration with the whole monster-ambushing thing. And it won't add much to the game except 'oh that's cute' or 'that looks sweet' comments.

Exactly!! :D :D :D

17. BrainGame

BrainGame Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Nurse
    Philippines
    been playing this game for days and finished it after 41 hours of gameplay... Its kind of weird that the two extra bosses is tougher than the 3 final bosses that Killian alone can easily kill. Killian is untouchable when equipped with the legendary sword and armor plus the Dusk pearl, a totally powerful amulet...

18. ImLegend

Jun 26, 2010
    the last 2 side quests are optional, you don't need to complete them to finish the game. they are designed for people to challenge themselves, but if you know the trick, they are still piece of cake. btw, do you kill the final boss or not?

if not, try to kill him for challenge. but no matter what, the ending are the same tho

19. BrainGame

BrainGame Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2009
    Nurse
    Philippines
    yes I have beaten the two optional bosses using combo techniques of all party... Mandate of heaven was also a big help in beating the two extra bosses. Regarding the final boss, i killed them already in fact i beat them like galorins with longer lives and I only used killian...

20. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    any advise on using the medallions? Like, which skills should I add it to?