iPad Crimson Gem Saga: Atlus/IRONNOS JRPG

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by squarezero, Aug 4, 2010.

1. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    What's Henson's great at? He was amazing when he first joined in but seems I haven't used him properly and now he's the weakest team member.

2. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    Basically, mass damage, really. He has spells which do large damage to the whole enemy party. He also has most of the elements in his skillset, so he can exploit any enemy's elemental weakness (except for the Holy/Darkness types). He can also cast some party buffing spells as well, which is useful for boss fights (though on the downside, bosses can kill him quite easily, since he's about as sturdy as a piece of paper, so keep him at the back of the formation).

3. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Thanks for your answer. I indeed always have him at the back. His tree isn't that advanced though so that's probably why he's not that useful now since he can't yet do all those massive / ultimate mass attack.

4. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    Well, if you do get to upgrading his skills, focus on the mass damage ones first, those are really useful for normal battles where enemies come in flocks. He's also the only character who has access to the highest tiers of every element spell (minus Holy/Dark).

5. Wingy

Wingy Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    If you want to beat any of the 2 optional bosses then Henson is a must along with Gelts to perform their purify combo skill which takes a ton of health off them. In regular combat I find him weak though and Accelora is more then an able replacement for him.

6. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Found both (the quests, not the actual objects...working on that).

Finally I know the whole story.

AWESOME GAME, even as it is, probably one of the best of the App Store for my tastes.

7. writingsama

writingsama Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    are combo skills ever for more than two people? also does changing the formation change the likelihood for consecutive turns? That seems mostly based on how fast a character is - i.e. spinel is a 'rogue-ish' so she's really fast, etc. - is that all?

8. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    Combo skills can range from two people to the whole party.

Changing formation doesn't affect the likelihood for consecutive turns, that's completely based on the character's speed (I think Lahduk is the fastest, and Henson is the slowest). However, putting a character at the back will slightly reduce their attack and boost their defence a bit. I think it also reduces the likelihood of that character at the back being attacked.

9. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Haven't really paid attention to their attack getting weaker (interesting point, thanks!), but yes they're less likely to get attacked.

10. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    It's ironic that the PSP version gets praised for its intuitive interface while the iPhone version gets a lot of bad reviews for the interface (it's alright for me, but apparently not so for the majority of buyers).

11. MarkHerm

MarkHerm Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    Germany
    Thanks for the tips regarding the skill strategies... they are very helpful!

BTW, what characters do you use? Which one seems to be the weakest/less useful?

12. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    #792 don_k, Aug 22, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2010
    With the Mercury Shoes, I walk so fast that I can easily escape from enemies even they see me from close distance.

It's really useful when I want to walk around without fighting monsters or to ambush enemies by sprinting from behind.

13. November's Chopin

November's Chopin Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Yes I know if you're facing away from them then they'll attack first, it's the same in most RPGs, however I'm 100% that my character was running towards the enemy, yet the enemy still attacked first. It was those early stage goblin creatures.

14. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Sometimes they turn and notice you just as your about to attack. If you and the monster are both aware, then order is based on who is faster

15. weedeatinflyincougar

weedeatinflyincougar Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2009
    That's becase of the game's ambush system. If you get to the enemy before it spots you, your whole party attacks the enemy first, then the battle continues normally. If the enemy has spotted you (it has a ! above its head) then the battle starts normally. If you wait too long after the enemy has spotted you, then the enemy party will attack at the beginning, then the battale continues normally.

16. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    I'm at Ganellon Village, the story is so loose here. First we have to wait until night, so we need to stay at the inn until dark. But we can't use the inn so we must go to the dungeon first... What?? Isn't waiting until dark the main goal? Then why do we have to stay in the inn? Why can't we just hang around to kill the time instead? Or even use the Tent if the characters so dearly need to rest. It's just not making sense, lol.

17. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Yeah -- there's definitely a bit of playing fast and loose there. But then again, every RPG that requires you to rest only at an inn is guilty of the same thing, as well as those conveniently placed "save-spots" right before a boss fight.

For what it's worth the storytelling that follows that inn silliness is actually pretty cool.

18. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Does anyone where to find Englehyde's present in front of the monastery?

19. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    aftre finished the game, you can only start a new game to replay it, so that mean NO equipments and stuffs u can carry over to the new game. And there is no easy/normal/hard mode you can select

20. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Check out the wooded areas on the northern westen part of the monastery entrance section.