iPad Crimson Gem Saga: Atlus/IRONNOS JRPG

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by squarezero, Aug 4, 2010.

1. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Oh, I thought the controls work better on iPhone 4 than prev gen iPhones, didn't know you mean they work better compared to before the update.

2. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    1gb is not 'double the size' of 738.5mb ;)

3. ImLegend

ImLegend Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2010
    DL the update, killed the final boss in 7 hits... probably need to replay to see any control improvement. nice game tho

4. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    When I said double the size I was talking about the space required to install the app and how many of us have to delete apps in order to install the update not about the actual file size.

In order to install an app update you need to have almost double it's size in free space... The compressed app (462.6mb) is transferred to your device then it expands to the ipa (738.5mb)

That's over 1 gb of free space to install

The app itself could reach the 1gb mark if more audio was added because, as I said before, we have no idea how much of the current file size is used up by the audio or even what bit rate is being used for the files. You need only check mark the "Convert higher bit rate songs to 128kbps AAC" on your idevice to see how much space can be used up by high quality audio

5. CrimsonGemSaga

Jul 30, 2010
  6. CrimsonGemSaga

Jul 30, 2010
    Since the update has gone live on the App Store we would really love to read your feedback and see your stars :) on the store. Thank you!

7. lunzlunz

lunzlunz Active Member

Jul 10, 2010
    yay for the bronze medallion bug fix!

i held back from continuing just because of that :D

8. Cigaweedz

Cigaweedz Member

May 27, 2009
    #708 Cigaweedz, Aug 19, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
    Has anyone with 100 hours clocked in-game, manage to play the game with the new update without being logged out? Just wondering, as I'm heading towards 100 hours soon. Thanks in advance.

9. Farmer Harv

Farmer Harv Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2009
  10. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Awesome work! Thanks!

11. ImLegend

Jun 26, 2010
    already did mine 5 stars review on version 1.0.0 release... I can't make it 5+ stars tho:D

12. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    5 star review left. Thanks for the reminder.

13. ImLegend

Jun 26, 2010
    Are they going to make a second one?!
    It's really a great solid game I haven't play for years...I'm looking forward for the next one already

14. Maythius

Maythius Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2008
    technically this game IS the 2nd one.

15. ImLegend

Jun 26, 2010
    I knew, repharse to '3rd' if u like :)

16. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Thank you!! :)

17. Wingy

Wingy Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2009
    #717 Wingy, Aug 20, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2010
    I've almost towards the end and I really have enjoyed this game so far. That's without even downloading the latest update.
    After learning how to properly scroll between menus, this game is absorbing, well written and is a full on blown RPG - I much prefer it to chaos rings which I think is frankly boring and Across Age.
    This is well worth anyone's money - the fact I don't use my PSP anymore makes it even more satisfying and of course it runs really nicely on the bog standard 3G.
    It also has around 50+ hours of gameplay - something you can't say much for most games on the app store other then RPG's.

18. Can2

Can2 New Member

Aug 19, 2009
    I'm stuck at the Water of life. It only heals my HP and MP, and doesnt give me anything. Did i miss something?!

19. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Any word on the voice sync update?

20. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Already left a 5-star review (before the update) but I'll update the text about controls.
    Honestly I was already confortable with controls (end of chapter 3 after 20 hours, according to the in game counter) but I didn't see anything different now.
    I wish I had some bronze medallions!!!

BTW I finally received my iPhone 4, and the game is more gorgeous and colorful than ever on the retina display.
    I almost lost 1 yearlifetime during my first sync....my PC (which is just an iTunes sync machine now) shut off during the photo processing due to heat....and I lost all data, my 20 hours Crimson Gem savegame included.
    In shock, I fortunately remembered I copied the iPhone backup directory (already written by iTunes) in anticipation of the iPhone 4 delivery.
    All went well this time and I recovered all the data.
    But for about half an hour it was a real personal drama :)