iPad Crimson Gem Saga: Atlus/IRONNOS JRPG

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by squarezero, Aug 4, 2010.

1. ScottColbert

ScottColbert Well-Known Member

Actually, I do send a copy of every pic and vid I take with my phone not an iPhone but still vid capable) to my email as soon as I take it. My years as a writer and not backing files up in the beginning taught me a valuable lesson about not doing that. So don't assume since you don't do it, No one does it.

2. Thorbjorn

Thorbjorn Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009

Yur reed skill are good. You are comprehend.

3. Thorbjorn

Jul 5, 2009
    I understand that a phone may crash, and that it's up to the user to protect their media. Was this made crystal clear in the very first post? You bet your ass it was.

Does this excuse a brand new phone from going in to recovery mode, causing a potential loss of any unbacked data? It sure doesn't.

If I lost my phone, dropped it, or somehow became responsible for its demise, I would not have been so overzealous in my half-hearted poke at apple. This phone is brand new, and this should not have happened. The fact that it recently happen to another phone (3GS) in the fam, that was also brand new, adds insult to injury.

Any further post about any potential data loss being the fault of the user, will be a simple reiteration, as stated.

A post that was meant as playful face palm FML, was taken way too literal. A poke at apple was taken to heart by a few chauvinist.

Let me guess, the antenna issue puts the user at fault, as well?

I'm just going to assume that this demote makes perfect sense, as well, then.

[​IMG]

She should have stayed in the kitchen.

P.S.
    I do back up all my media, as stated. after every single bit of data? No. However, my phone was able to back up all it's files, right before it bricked, or crashed rather, to be literal (I realize the difference). I'm still irritated about it, because it could happen again, before I get a chance to back it up the next time.

And to anyone planning to get butt-hurt over this post, please relax.

4. Thorbjorn

Jul 5, 2009
    Please tell me you are referring to code, because your punctuation is horrendous.

5. yongkykun

yongkykun Well-Known Member

Feb 12, 2009
    3D Animator
    Indonesia
    Umm... I'm going to ask this again, will there be more voices in the next update so that all dialogue will be spoken?

6. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    If the new design of the antenna is problematic for you, you can return your phone for a full refund. If you decide to keep your phone (or, more likely, bought it despite of it) and you decide not to put a case on it, and you write a post complaining about it, yeah, I would call that pointless whining.

7. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    People with iPod Touch 2nd gen and above have not been complaining about crashes (I have yet to have one on either my 3Gs or iPhone 4). Folks with iPhone 3G phones have complained of low memory crashes, which seem to be more frequent on jailbroken phones running background processes.

8. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    I wish but it's unlikely.
    Further in the game only 'crucial' scenes are dubbed (sometimes 1 line out of 3, sometimes all).

BTW, a warning to everybody.
    Unless I'm missing something big, I advice to SAVE your bronze medallions till level 40, when you probably start unlocking the 'big' skills.
    Loot is level related and it has been almost 10 levels worth of gameplay that I didn't find bronze medallions...so basically all new skills are level 1.

One thing I discovered is that you can attach gems not only to weapons, but to basically everything.
    Just swipe left and right when on the upgrade screen, you'll see boots, armours and so on next to the default weapons screen.

BTW the game is really better at every quest.
    Really really liked what happens on 'top' of the mountain...was about to give up.
    I cannot imagine what they can do with a exclusive title with these production values.

9. gis

gis Active Member

Feb 27, 2010
    I'm going to try it.

10. kugi_igi

kugi_igi Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    Punturin
    any news on the update?
    that's all i'm waiting for so that i won't be OP here :D

11. Thorbjorn

Jul 5, 2009
    Lol, wow. He went there.

12. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Actually, you did. My point is that people need to take responsibility for their actions, instead of blaming the nearest impersonal corporate entity.

13. Cynicalone

Cynicalone Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Definitely would like to purchase this game, but I think I'll wait for the update.

Reading threw this thread there are far to many problems with it right now. Hopefully the update will address the majority of these problems.

14. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    #594 squarezero, Aug 16, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
    I've been finding bronze medallions in the Ziggurat even at higher (30+) levels.

@Cynicalone: the game is not on sale currently, so there's no reason not to wait for the update (which I expect will hit today or tomorrow). That said, even with the problems that have been mentioned, this is still the best traditional RPG on the platform.

(And boy, am I glad to be back on topic!)

15. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    Really?
    Good to know thanks, I wiped the first 2 floor then got bored and returned to the quest. I'll try again.
    I can guarantee that (following the main quest till chapter 3) you won't find those.

@Cynicalone :while the update should be imminent (and it SHOULD correct some of the quirks of the interface) so waiting 1-2 days won't kill you, I would still recommend Crimson Gem AS IT IS.
    I too think it's the best rpg on the AppStore: if you manage to get past the first hours, I dare to say you even start to appreciate the interface.
    It's still ugly thought (this won't ever change, it's ugly even on the psp according to YouTube videos): the main thing I miss is a quick save button on screen.

16. Thorbjorn

Jul 5, 2009
    #596 Thorbjorn, Aug 16, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
    You know, that's a very well though-out point. And it would have been a well placed stand point, if it had anything to do with the discussion.

Every action took, responsibility was claimed. I think it's been reiterated enough times, don't you? So responsible, in fact, that no data was lost at all:)

Also, I would love to know how irresponsible actions lead to an idol brand new phone to enter restore mode, and how a faulty design flaw causes calls to drop.

Thanks to your well thought point, I was able to retain all lost data, and a case is on order, for free!

You see, it's very difficult to a have a discussion with someone like you. Instead of listening, and making valid points, the only concern is to save face.

17. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009

???? it is on sale at the moment -its down to 9.99 for two weeks instead of the previous price of 12.99

18. K76

K76 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Feb 12, 2010
    Cowtown, Texas
    squarezero is arguably the *best* listener and the *best* valid point-maker on this entire board.

If you're finding it difficult to have a discussion with him, it's probably because you're not really that invested in ensuring the success of such a discussion in the first place.

19. Pitta

Pitta Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2008
    Male
    Italy
    You sure?
    Crimson Gem Saga?
    Not according to appshopper.com

20. squarezero

squarezero Moderator

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Actually, most people tend to find it easy to have a discussion with me, for precisely the opposite reason. But let me first say that I'm honestly glad that you were able to retain your data -- especially 30 hours plus of Crimson Gem Saga.

I never claimed that you caused your iPhone to go into restore mode. But in your first post you seemed to be blaming Apple for losing you 30 hours worth gameplay -- that's where I felt you needed to take some responsibility.

On the antenna thing: obviously it wouldn't be your fault (or mine, for that matter) that the designed is "flawed." (I'm using scare quotes because I'm getting much better reception on my iPhone 4 than I ever did on my 3Gs, so I personally don't see it as a flaw). But complaining that your new iPhone has an antenna issue at this point, when the subject has been covered ad-nauseum, seems to me akin to complaining that your Mini Cooper has little cargo space. You chose to buy it, even though you knew it had a flaw, and you choose to keep it even though you can return it and get something else.

But again, glad you were able to rescue your data.