iPad Creeps! Battery

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Buster08, Feb 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buster08

Buster08 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Is the creeps at all battery intensive?

2. TommyBoy

TommyBoy Member

Dec 24, 2008
    It seems to use up my battery slightly faster than Fieldrunners. But I can still play it for a couple hours straight with no problem.

3. TSP

TSP Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2008
    Male
    Teacher.
    Sweden
    It is the game that drains my battery fastest. Compared it to Rolando, Simcity, Fastlane, Puzzle Quest and I love Katamari. Creeps needs to be optimized better for the iphone.

4. PirateMasterJoeDon

Feb 1, 2009
    Madison, Wi
    Interesting, It doesn't seem any worse for me than other games. I'm using a 2nd Gen iPod Touch.

5. gnadenlos

gnadenlos Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2008
    I don't really care about battery usage. Sure, it would be nice to be able to play Creeps and others games for 8+ hours, but I doubt you can optimize a game to be that economical without sacrificing a lot of it's great graphics and audio.

6. TSP

TSP Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2008
    Male
    Teacher.
    Sweden
    But isn´t it strange that a game such as The Creeps! drains the battery faster than Hero Of Sparta? Something seems to be wrong with how the game uses the available resources.

7. gnadenlos

gnadenlos Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2008
    Creeps has a very high production value. I don't think you should make the mistake and think about it as technically simpler or less demanding game just because it is 2D instead of 3D.

I haven't noticed that it is a real big battery killer compared to other highly polished games. I can play for 1-2 hours and still have enough battery power left to read my RSS news in the subway (1 hour) and use the iPhone as telephone on a 10 hour workday.

8. Hi, I'm the developer. I actually play my own game quite a bit for testing and I haven't noticed a significant battery drain above other games I play on my iPhone 3G. That being said, I am working on improving efficiency as part of the next update. I want to maintain 60 fps at all times on original iPhones (they are slower than 2nd gen iPod touches). Those improvements will improve battery consumption for everyone.

9. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    I really might pick this up now if I know you will address the issue. Awesome!

10. TSP

TSP Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2008
    Male
    Teacher.
    Sweden
    I use an Iphone 3g too. Noticed the drainage with the lite version first and later also with the full version. Still I really like the game and hope to see more wave challenges as I am not interested in survival/highscore runs.

11. Sbell42

Sbell42 Member

Jan 14, 2009
    I've never noticed it draining my battery more than other games over the same period of time. I have noticed, however, that I can sit around and play it for hours longer than other games ;)

12. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    I don't really notice it on my iPhone 3G.
    Samurai Puzzle Battle drains the battery a lot worse.

13. stanny

stanny Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2009
    I noticed super battery drainage on my Iphone 2g. It goes down way too fast.

14. emsboy

emsboy Active Member

Dec 31, 2008
    it seems to be normal for me. not a huge drainer. HOS definitely drains faster for me on my touch 2g

15. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    I find the touch 2nd gen's barrery depletes fast anyway due to a slightly faster processor, just saying.

16. In the upcoming 1.2.0 (waiting on Apple's approval right now), there have been major performance optimizations. 1.2.0 uses about HALF as much CPU (and therefore HALF the battery consumption) as version 1.1.1!

17. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    Great game! I can't wait for the update. C'mon apple approve it already!

18. BadSanta

BadSanta Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Milan,Italy
    not here

19. Methodical

Methodical New Member

Apr 13, 2009
    Using the accelerometer drains the battery faster. Creeps uses the accelerometer.

20. Burton

Burton Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2009
    Canada
    I love this game and I haven't noticed much battery consumption compared to others.

If you haven't already picked it up, I don't know why you're hesitating.

I got this at $5 and don't regret it one bit.