Creating new developer team

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by xxx_R3B0RN_xxx, Aug 24, 2012.

1. xxx_R3B0RN_xxx

xxx_R3B0RN_xxx Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    hi, me and another person decided to start a developing team consisting of an art person, music person, ideas person, and a coding person.

so, i am good at art and ideas and the other person is good at art as well. we need a music guy and a coding guy.

so, if you are a developer who needs a team to work with, we will need people on our team.

thanks. We will make a name soon. and we will work on our first game as soon as we get things sorted out.

2. smegly

smegly Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    NY, NY
    That's the real trick, isn't it?

3. Rubicon

Rubicon Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Lead Programmer, Chief Bottlewasher
    Isle of Wight, UK
    I somehow knew the poster was going to be the ideas person. :)

The problem you're going to have is that everyone has ideas - even the programmers, so they're off making their own. In fact if a programmer can't dream up his own ideas then you probably don't want to work with him anyway tbh.

4. xxx_R3B0RN_xxx

Jul 23, 2012
    Its okay i just need a good coder. I can provide all the ideas.

5. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    No offence but this isn't going to work... Well it might, but not on this forum. Post this to Developer Service and Trade section. Also, I don't think any coder wants to work with you unless you know at least something yourself, but Im not a dev so what do I know :p

6. walsh06

walsh06 Well-Known Member

Thats exactly the problem. These topics always appear from people who dont program.

7. xxx_R3B0RN_xxx

Jul 23, 2012
    well, my boss actually made me do this. but whatever. i trust you guys; its probably not going to work