Creating Game Announcement Threads

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by jecebn, Jul 6, 2009.

1. jecebn

jecebn Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Kansas City, MO
    I have been noticing an influx of members creating game announcement threads recently where all they do is post a link to the game in iTunes.

Maybe I'm the only one, but I find this incredibly annoying. If you are going to announce that a game has been released, you should have info on the game (screens, videos, description, price, etc.)

Most people creating these threads are in such a rush to be the first one to get the info out and be the one who creates the main thread that they put absolutely no effort into the thread and just merely post a link.

2. Zincous

Zincous Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    Sacramento, CA
    Very true. As the OP there are "unwritten rules" to what should be included I feel. However, a lot of people just post a link to be there first, and then within a few minutes go back and edit the post with a lot more info. Or a moderator will sometimes do it for them (but shouldn't be expected :p)

Also, if more than one thread is created for the same game around the same time, the one with more content is usually kept.

But if you feel there is more content needed in a threads OP, and you think you could do better. You can always report the post and add your own description in the report section and a moderator can go edit that into the OP, or if someone already has added more info into the thread but the OP isn't updating it, report that and link to the post with more info and it can be put into the OP as well.

But there is nothing we can really do about people creating threads :p;)