iPad Crazy Tanks or Tiki Towers

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by IFeelLikeANerd, Dec 21, 2008.

1. IFeelLikeANerd

IFeelLikeANerd Active Member

Dec 18, 2008
    I've heard good things about both, but which one do you think has more replay value?

Also, completely unrelated, does anyone know how a game like batman can be ranked so high in the top 100 if it has an average of 1.5 stars?

2. NotYou

NotYou Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Colorado
    They're both great, but Tiki Towers is definitely more addicting, IMO.

It's worth buying both, though

3. Chiller ONE

Chiller ONE Well-Known Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Nurse
    Sweden
    Depends on what you like, the one is more of a action puzzler, the other is straight arcade shooting action.

Regarding your other question: I have no frickin clue. :D

4. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    Id say tiki towers, but its personal preference ;)
    And I think (notice its bold and underlined and italics) it has to do with how many times they have sold the app. A dev. could probably confirm it ;)

5. Buster08

Buster08 Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Tiki towers

tiki towers all the way, at least until the developer of world of goo(hopefully) ports his game to the iphone/ ipod touch. until then, this satisfies my craving.

6. Mr. Charley

Mr. Charley Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2008
    Tiki Towers was a lot of fun.

As for Batman, has nothing to do with star rating. The star rating is just by those suckers who bought it and then realized it sucked.
    It's completely based on number of downloads, which just means too many people bought this. :rolleyes:

7. Flunkie

Flunkie Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Tiki Towers is freakin' great.

8. Warhorse Games

Warhorse Games Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Software Engineer
    Ladera Ranch, CA
    Tiki Towers rocks! I think it might be the first game I've actually finished (and I even did the eco-mode). I just love how you can solve the same level multiple ways and how one little stick can be the difference between perfect and certain monkey death. Seriously, I was so obsessed with this thing that I ended up playing it while in bed last night. And it's only $0.99, you gotta be kidding me, it's really under priced.

I bought this and Rolando the same day, and I found myself choosing Tiki Towers to play whenever I had a spare minute.

So, to sum it up... I love it :)

9. DanM

DanM Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    England
    I'm gna buy Tiki Towers.

As for Batman, its because its a brand name. A bit like how EA games and other mainstream games publishers manage to get into the top 100 in their first day of selling an app. People like familiarity.

10. SydneyS

SydneyS Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Student/Classroom Aide
    Philadelphia
    Though I don't own crazy tanks, I do own Tiki Towers, and it's great! I think you should get that ^-^

11. SudoWorks LLC

SudoWorks LLC Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2008
    Both.

you could buy 5 games @ 99¢ and still pay less then a whopper value meal at burger king.

12. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Both seem like they could last a while... I may have to pick both up myself!

13. Googlyhead

Googlyhead Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2008
    #13 Googlyhead, Dec 23, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
    I've got both: to answer your main question, tiki is the best value of the two, you certainly get a professional app (although somewhere they forgot that the iPhone does multi-touch), while crazy seems like it's the starting point for a better game.
    The two could hardly be more different though; a 2d puzzle vs a 3d action shooter?
    Get both! 

Tiki has a lot of achievements to unlock, and rewards you with 'making of' downloads and wallpapers. Crazy tanks on the other hand is more about the difficulty and scores at the moment.

14. supg328911

supg328911 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    pro ping pong player!!!!
    USA BABY
    god i see all you people playing tiki towers and im gonna have to say crazy tanks i love the nice little 3d graphics and its a great pick up and play game (and yes i have tiki towers to and i would also recommend buying both but if you had to choose one crazy tanks)

15. bootant

bootant Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2008
    Junior Designer, Senior Coder, CTO, CEO, Chairman

16. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Tiki Towers didn't last me long, or is it just me? A good update would make Crazy Tanks a Top 50 game. As is, Top 100 or so.

17. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    The Netherlands
    You're right, it won't take you a week to finish. It's addictive enough that you'll want to finish it in two days. :eek: