Universal Crazy Kings (by Mantis Shrimp)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, May 1, 2015.

1. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I'm near the end of he undead I belive or already there and it's all been easy for me up until here. I find the tower quite easy so far but I'm nowhere near the top!

The tournement for me is tough too but the Seige I enjoy, I hate the multiple exits I always try to build around a choke point and kill everyone there but definitely on this game in having to takeout people before and after those points because some units are pretty tough like the vampire.

At the minute I still use to wizard tower, the slowdown tower, the crossbow tower and have started trying out the sniper tower. I only really use my bear trap spell I do have the dragon and meteor though and also only use one addition unit to my hero.

BTW if it's ever possible although I'm not sure because of having gear anyway and balance but a hero skill or any kind of extra RPG elements around the hero would be awsome.

2. guzzla

guzzla Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 12, 2015
    I have been playing in short bursts and have not run up against any walls yet. In fact I am about to drop 5 bucks in support of the devs later. The only knock I have seen on this game so far is that it is F2P, but this is a great F2P implementation. If you like to do long grinding sessions it may not work for you, but if you are like me and play your mobile games in 30-60 minutes bursts it will work perfectly. Also an F2P bonus that is often overlooked is regular content upgrades. The more popular games get updated all the time with new content, which is part of the revenue model. If they keep adding maps the replayability essentially becomes endless, whereas with a premium title you get a finite replay value and you may or may not get new content, and if you do it may come a year down the road.

3. Nixarn

Nixarn Active Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Co-founder / Game Developer
    Finland
    Thanks a lot :) yeah, we hope to suppor this game for a long time!

4. JASONBLACK

JASONBLACK Member

May 28, 2015
    I made a account to specially tell you that "i loved the game" its awesome..
    A few suggestions for improvement
    1- sometimes u miss one little rat and you end up with 2 stars and then u have to play again and waste precious 10 energy for that 3rd star its very annoying. So either make 1 replay free if u end up with 2 stars or make a change so that in case u miss one enemy but u still get 3 stars.

2-show strengths and weakness in either the card details or in the bestiary.
    This really makes sense coz in case of some enemies like the slime or the iron clad you are unsure what to counter them with... And as you have limited energy plus you cant sell towers so you want to give it your best shot in the very first go... That would really help in making a sound strategy

3-things seem too slow in the normal game speed mode..so when u increase the game speed and you are in the middle of all the action in the fast mode and are about to upgrade a tower dont you think it would make sense to pause the game for the moment when you touch the plus button for upgrading the tower and the game resumes automatically once u have made the upgrade (this thing happens in many td's when you are upagrading stuff).

Thanks for the freemium game these are just my personal opinions..:)

5. Nixarn

Nixarn Active Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Finland
    Hey there, thanks for the feedback!

1) Interesting idea, that could make sense. Yeah, it is annoying when one tiny rat slips through. We'll look into what we could do!

2) The bestiary is pretty full already, but some strategy guide could be interesting. There is the Wikia ( http://crazykings.wikia.com/wiki/Crazy_Kings_Wiki ) but it's not really that complete(yet) and not accessible from within the game. Typical things to think of though is if an enemy has normal armor => use magic attacks (lightning tower for example) and if the enemies have magic armor then physical attacks (like arrow tower) and if it had both, then poison is typically pretty good.

3) Also an interesting idea, do you know any TD I could look at that has that method implemented that I could have a look at? I've played many but for some reason don't recall a game where this happens. This could maybe be a setting, for typical players I think the current method is fine but for more HC players this could work.

6. JASONBLACK

JASONBLACK Member

May 28, 2015
    Hey, sorry for late reply i dont remember name of those td's they were some low budget games that i randomly downloaded way back..
    Happy to help you out with some good ideas, keep up your good work.

7. TraderJack

TraderJack Active Member

Jul 4, 2014
    How can I play in the tournament? There is no "play" or "join" button for me anywhere. :(

8. Nixarn

Nixarn Active Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Finland
    Hey, the tournament ended yesterday, new one will start in a 10h. We had forgot to schedule a new one (oops), but there's one now and we'll ensure there's always a new one scheduled.

9. keyo

keyo New Member

Aug 5, 2013
    #69 keyo, Jun 1, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2015
    difficult

What's your go to strategy for later levels? I'm having a lot of trouble passing the 3rd/4th lvl for the slime and bird islands.

Lvl12 avatar atm, with lvl3-4 towers, 100 stars n 70 crowns. I tried various combos but don't have enough damage to survive the large rush.

10. TraderJack

TraderJack Active Member

Jul 4, 2014
    For bird, at first few lv, i go full hero with healing totem plus bolas tower, but on later level you have to rely much on slow tower.
    For slime, i heavily use pirate tower plus slow tower on choke point, also use freezing spell. (Sniper tower is a filler for me too, since slime are slow)

11. TraderJack

TraderJack Active Member

Jul 4, 2014
    This is what i get in the tournament screen, it's saying "waiting for final ranking" but nothing happen. Maybe there are something wrong about it?

Attached Files:

12. JASONBLACK

JASONBLACK Member

May 28, 2015
    Hey,
    Bro you seriously need to add the feature where u can sell all your junk gear cards. Coz with progression in game you unlock lots of special stuff and then the common ones just fill up space... Say 1 card for 1 gem or something like that whatever you find appropriate.

Secondly i tried using poison tower in the bird stage but to my surprise it had no effect Just showed a poison sign over their head but did no damage to them... Does it affect over time or something...??

13. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Oo birds I guess I'm nowhere near that I'm on the slimes at the minute.

As for the poison tower I'm guessing you made sure they weren't posion resistant? Other than that it is my understanding the the poison is a damage over time effect.

14. Uchti

Uchti Well-Known Member

May 21, 2014
    Haha, so you are no where near the birds but battling some slimes? I am on the bird island and have never seen any slimes?! I guess they are behind any of the locks from earlier stages then!

Birds are pretty tough though, got stomped trying it with poison too. I guess they just have too much life to care? They aren't immune against it I checked.

15. Uchti

Uchti Well-Known Member

May 21, 2014
    I really like the game so far (=
    Finished the 2nd Boss and decided I drop 10$ for this great game! A card pack (maybe overpriced?!) and this second one time offer. But there was no need to do this in order to progress what so ever. I just thought I wanna say thanks for the great hours I had so far and help creating nice future content with some money!

One thing I really whish you would add, (maybe buyable with gems?) is a second card upgrader!
    As someone before mentioned you get a lot of low lvl cards which take up a lot of time to upgrade and become useful. I have no idea why you would want to sell any of them though. Seems to be a really bad idea since you can always combine them if you have enough. 8 times rank 1 is a rank 4 for example!!

16. Mephala

Mephala Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2013
    Still getting my stuffing kicked out of me. :D Going the ticket games which seem easier and very very slowly clearing the stars. Upgrading our gear and troops seems to be the only way.

17. JASONBLACK

JASONBLACK Member

May 28, 2015
    Well bro when you win legendary and rare cards for your gear the common ones do seem as waste ex. I have the rare helmet card from first boss tower (oh yes i completed it) so now i dont need the other common helmets...

And yes for the card upgrader i have got a better solution "as a player progresses in level let's say at level 10 or 15 make the level 1 card upgrade of all cards instant then at level 25 or 30 make level 2 card upgrade of cards instant.. Saving lots of time and effort of advanced players��

18. Nixarn

Nixarn Active Member

Oct 22, 2008
    Finland
    Hey guys,

Sorry for the late reply. Ok, so first of, unfortunately the tournament won't work in China yet (The Great Firewall blocks it), this will be fixed. And about unnecessary equipment cards, we're working on a cool fix for that so you can do something else with those basic swords!

19. Uchti

Uchti Well-Known Member

May 21, 2014
    Any tips how to beat that slime boss? )=

20. TraderJack

TraderJack Active Member

Jul 4, 2014
    I feel like the map "stymphalian vale" is too difficult. I stuck at this map for a while now.
    P.S. I have lv2 bolas tower, and cannot find more card too upgrade it.