iPad Crayon Physics - Coming Soon to iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by nizy, Dec 24, 2008.

1. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

#1 nizy, Dec 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2008
  2. rootbeersoup

rootbeersoup Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    #2 rootbeersoup, Dec 24, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2008
    So will Touch Physics be removed? It is a pretty blatant copy

Also, Hudson is a very underrated dev IMO

3. sjleworthy

sjleworthy Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    3D & Architectural Artist
    Cardiff, Wales, UK
  4. Oliver

Oliver Well-Known Member

This looks like Touch Physics. 100%. Which one had this idea at first? :)

Regardless of the timing issue, the game is from Hudson. And I have some problems with games of Hudson. I can see that they learn from their previous games and that they get better with time, but the only usable game of Hudson was Puzzloop. All other games had severe issues and Hudson showed no interest at all to fix these issues:

NeoSameGame seems to use 24kbit MP3 files for sound and music - you just can't stand it, it's horrible!

Bomberman (which I normally love) uses a control scheme, which makes faster levels a pain.

Aqua Forest is still so sluggish, that you can't play it.

I really hope that they get this game right with the release, because regarding their older releases the only thing one can see is, that they don't fix issues.

5. spmwinkel

spmwinkel Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2008
    The Netherlands
  6. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

From what i read, Hudson is simply publishing it.

7. rootbeersoup

rootbeersoup Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    Crayon Physics is the original game

And I do have to agree about Bomberman. One of my favorite all time game series, and the controls aren't exactly optimal, although I think it's pretty good for any touchscreen device. Bpmberman games are much faster with a D-pad though

Yeah I know, but they have made some great apps for the iPhone, and are a company that's been around for a couple decades

8. madsoul

madsoul Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    crayon physics was first. all the other games are based on it. it will pwn, i hope.

9. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    The 19.95$ price tag for a game seems way too high for me. :(

10. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Woops. I started a new thread for this today without seeing this one. Sorry arn! I'm really excited for it though

11. nickels

nickels Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Web Developer / Designer
    PA, USA
    Touch physics was fun for about 5 seconds. They need to fix the bugs, until then it is super easy to beat. Crayon Physics looks 100% the same, so I'll try it out before spending any money on it.

12. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Crayon Physics is 100% better than Touch Physics. Don't let touch physics ruin your idea of Crayon Physics. Crayon Physics has hinges and pins and you can just draw lines instead of having them turn into rectangles or odd shapes automatically

13. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

Ok, make sure I'm getting this right. You have to pay to beta test, and then you still may still have to buy the game? Aren't the devs supposed to want people to beta test to help them? This is a dumb idea, and I won't get it because of this scheme right here. Hudson, you disappoint me. Thank goodness for ngmoco and Gameloft.

14. Blueseas25

Blueseas25 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    From what I read, your pre-order gets you the beta test and then the full game. Simply an incentive to get people to pre-order I suppose.

In either case, $20 for a game is too much, no matter how magical the crayons may be...

15. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    It seems like $20 is for the desktop version - at least that's what I think.

16. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    To all you PEOPLE who think it is going to be 20 dollars, THAT IS FOR THE DESKTOP VERSION! Also the beta thing is not a factor, that happened a long time ago. That site hasnt been updated in a while. I cant believe the amount of you that have never heard of this game! Its great.

17. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Thanks for clarifying - I thought it was for the desktop version!

18. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

YouTube Video of game in action on iPhone. Looks really good!

19. nickels

nickels Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Web Developer / Designer
    PA, USA
    Looks a lot better then Touch Physics. OK, now I'm sightly more excited about this one.

20. idrisguitar

idrisguitar Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    any idea whether this will have user created levels. or contantly updating with more levels.

because touch physics was way too short.

and if touch physics isn't by the same guy. how did they get aay with such a rip off?