Universal Crashlands (by Butterscotch Shenanigans) - TA GotY 2016

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Oh no, Duuuude... that must've been a HUGE pain in the ass trying to find your gravestone everytime... 8(

2. Press2Play

Press2Play Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Bussinessman
    Philippines
    What happen i thought it's ios 5.1.1. And now it's ios 9 and newer wth.

3. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    This new app is gorgeous and works so smoothly!

4. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    No update For Spanish language?

5. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Can the map be dragged around the touchscreen now?

6. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    Sure can, and pinch zoomed.

7. TheVimFuego

TheVimFuego Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2014
    It's a thing of beauty. Back to questing, stomping and farming ...

Moved across to my new iThing without a hitch too. :cool:

8. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    is there any difference in the higher difficulties in questing, rewards etc apart from the enemies being much harder? Do you get more powerful items like diablo? or unlock anything secret?

i beat it on normal, had the time of my life, and now i'm wondering if i should replay on hard / extereme for any rewards.

9. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #1629 VirtualBoyFreak, Apr 14, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
    This is not true. It still states iOS 5.1.1 minimum. In fact, I've just upgraded through iTunes, synched my 4S (JB, iOS 7.1.2) and it works perfectly.

There are a bit more slowdowns here and there and the first time I opened the map it crashed, but I rebooted the phone and it works just fine now. I guess that the map upgrade has made the game a bit more unstable on the 4S (remember nonetheless: 4S has 512MB RAM vs the 1GB minimum recommended, so I'm happy that it's playable on the 4S). From what I've seen, I'm very happy with the new update. I stopped playing the game a few weeks ago, I don't know exactly why, but this upgrade will get me back to it for sure. Upgrading on the iPad3 and playing tonight for sure :)

I'm afraid that translating this game to another language, with the insane amount of scripts and slang used, would be very expensive. IDK if BS have plans on translating it though.

10. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Man, that gave me a little panicked feeling. Thanks for putting it at ease. Can't stand iOS 9+ only games at the moment because I'm still Monster Hunting on iOS 8.4.1. But of course Crashlands works with 5.1 and above. Those guys know what's up!

11. ironsam80

ironsam80 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2010
    Fantastic!!! This is how you are polishing a super polished gem...!!!

12. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Help! I just entered the bawg and grandmammy gave me a quest to make a better weapon I believe it's a floppy hammer. Well I didn't receive the recipe but it seems like I should have so I'm kind of lost. Can someone tell me how to get it?

13. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Holy... WOW!! I LOVE the new map!! That's really all I've gotten to experience of the new stuff... but it's a HUGE improvement. THANK YOU BUTTERSCOTCH SHENANIGANS!!!

14. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #1634 VirtualBoyFreak, Apr 14, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
    There is a NEW update. Bear it in mind if you updated around 14h ago. v1.1.4 came out this morning (GMT+1). When I arrived home at 7pm, I put Crashlands to update on the iPad and discovered v1.1.5 was installing, so I checked for new updates on my phone and had to update it again.

15. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Eh never mind to my above comment I had forgotten to craft the new workstation lol by the way, the new map rocks my socks ! Love being able to slide it around with my finger

16. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    The new icon options inside the map are what really do it for me. Being able to find and sort through stuff incredibly quickly. It's already wound up saving me quite a bit of time jumping back and forth between the quest and map menus making sure I've got names right or wondering where the hell an NPC is...

It's awesome. Really, FANTASTIC new map. One that I know I'll wind up judging future maps in various games against... =oP

17. collider

collider Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 22, 2013
    CEO/Owner Collider, Inc.
    NYC
    Map is great now. Got the new recipes for floors (the NSWE floors are fun) and the pot slapper (which I have no idea how it works...) pretty quickly, and the grave monument is awesome.
    This stuff would have made life easier, but I have no regrets with the earlier version. Just makes a great game even better. GOTY++

18. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Loved this game from the beginning and think it is one of my all time favorite iOS games and raked easily in my top 10 all time games on any device.

The map is greet and makes it easier to manage on an iPhone and ipad!

19. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I'm a little late to the party but I finally started playing this last week and I'm obsessively hooked. I'm sure someone suggested it already but adding multitouch would allow us to be able to move and heal at the same time which I keep accidentally trying to do and it's killing me.

20. dechico2004

dechico2004 New Member

Nov 20, 2014
    Wow! One of my favorite games, ever.