Universal Crashlands (by Butterscotch Shenanigans) - TA GotY 2016

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    And space travel is definitely out....

2. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    I was immediately swayed by Shaun's review, and then I read the cancer backstory of the developers. Sold! Might be the first game I've ever bought on the day of release. Oh, apart from maybe This War of Mine's iPhone port.

Er, now I just need to finish work so I can play it...

3. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    is this worth buying for a ipad 2 or does it not run on it?

4. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Holy overwhelming/amazing.

Question....does it matter where you build the floor or how big you make it?

Thank you for this game!

5. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    After you use up the health pies from your ship, how do you recover HP? Now I'm just running around with low health unable to kill anything :p

6. Press2Play

Press2Play Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Bussinessman
    Philippines
    Does the map can be upgraded it looks a little meh! And the biomes are not infinite right but it takes decades to explore.lelz.

7. tommiyu

tommiyu Member

Aug 3, 2014
    The flowers u pick up randomly are good start for healing just look out for them

8. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    Surely this is a joke if not maybe you should never play another video game and maybe try macaroni art or coloring dude cuz that's the easy part :)

9. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    #109 Reaganomics, Jan 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
    That's a good sign for me to try it on my iPad mini1 (iOS 7.0.3) since they're the same specs. Thanks!

10. gildedskull

gildedskull Well-Known Member

What an amazing game! I sat down to play for five minutes and ended up playing for about an hour. Can't wait to play more! Great design on the characters, items and tiles. The writing is quite funny too. The story is very engaging. The questing system trains you in the basics (at least at the beginning) but you are left to discover a lot. Congratulations, guys!

11. anth_oh_knee

anth_oh_knee Member

Aug 12, 2013
    Anyone know what the G-Gnome is used for? I noticed it after I already clicked on the escape pod, and I'm wondering if I should restart.

12. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Played for 30 minutes earlier today: 10/10. I started following these guys from Towelfight 2 and they've become better and better. Masterspiece.

If cancer was a good thing, then this game's awesomeness would be it's child.

13. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    I haven't seen anything about this and have played a few hours is there any weather like rain snow etc in the game?

14. jared9876

jared9876 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Dallas TX
    It's just a decoration I think. I got it and just placed it in my house or platform as it is now.... Yeah this game is awesome! Can't wait to play more when I'm done with work

15. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    Lol'd

16. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    so does this work on a ipad 2?

17. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Someone here said the game ran well on their iPhone 4s. So I'm assuming it runs well on the iPad2. I checked and they both have the same specs. I got an iPad mini1, I'll try it on there eventually and see what happens. Good luck!

18. bscotchshenani

bscotchshenani Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Yeah, it's possible that the game will run on devices below what we've recommended in the app description, but we just wanted to be on the safe side!

19. HippoHumper

HippoHumper Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2013
    I read somewhere (can't remember where) that You could get perks in Crashlands if you've played previous games made by the devs. Anyone know if that is in fact a thing and if it is so a thing what types of things you get for playing previous things (I.e. 'devs previous games).

I'm mainly curious cuz I've started playing the monocle game a while back but never finished it and I'm curious as to whether it's better I play through that first before firing up Crashlands.

Thanks for the help!

20. bscotchshenani

bscotchshenani Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2013
    Each other game has a perk that unlocks a sidequest line in Crashlands. The end of each quest chain will give some kind of piece of equipment!

None of it is required, so if you're pumped about Crashlands you can just dive right in and not worry about it. The sidequests will also always be accessible, so even if you beat Crashlands now, then unlock the perks, you can go back to them in your Crashlands save and play through them.