Universal Crashlands (by Butterscotch Shenanigans) - TA GotY 2016

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. tekchic

tekchic Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Female
    Software Developer
    Phoenix, AZ
    This game is going to be a fat ton of gorgeous tonight when I play it on iPad Pro. Looking forward to the couch time! :D

2. terrence92

terrence92 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2013
    I must say I enjoy this game a lot more on my mac via steam! You got 20 bucks from me in total :D
    What happens with the equipment that is being replaced? + I'd like to see a box where it says if I already equiped a certain piece before I craft it to find out later I already got it

3. Exile

Exile Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2009
    student
    usa
    Really digging this, I like that it doesn't have some of the tediousness of other crafting games.

4. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    Can I create/set teleport pads? Or do they already exist and I just have to find them?

5. sobriquet

sobriquet Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2015
    This is absolutely amazing. The problems so many developers, big and small, have with getting apps to work properly on even the newest devices and OS version and this works on the 3GS. Maybe these guys should open a school or even do instructional videos or something.

6. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Playing on the second hardest difficulty. Hmm. I'm dying in one shot to the octopus and the wombit kills me in 1-2 shots. With wood armor. It may be time for normal -.-

7. Oscar Streaker

Oscar Streaker Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2011
    Your game rules!

That is all.

8. eventide

eventide Well-Known Member

Jun 17, 2012
    I linked dayonepatch to the review here so hopefully that gets it a few more buys.

9. bscotchshenani

bscotchshenani Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2013
    If you're being one-shot by things, those things might be outside your gear range anyways! But if you want to stick it out, here's a pro tip! Every creature has six power variants. The smaller they are, the softer they hit. And the oddly-colored ones are much higher level and will crush your face.

10. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    Just spent most of my lunch hour playing this. You guys have really outdone yourselves. I especially appreciate the teleporter. It puts the game at an entirely new level.

11. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    This happens in Quadrupous too. I love killing those ENORMOUS enemies :D

12. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I'm going to DL the game now... I have so many games to play and not enough time as on old school gamer from the days of pong.

Congrats to the developers and for achieving your goal of leaving your mark... Thank you for sharing your journey with cancer and I hope you remain in remission. You are an instruction to many as you worked with your brothers to put out what appears to be an amazing game to the world!

I want to also thank you for creating your game manual with background story. As I stated in your website forum the missing art of game manuals is a tragedy!

http://www.butterscotch-shenanigans.com/2016/01/crashlands-manual.html?m=1

Thanks again for making many happy gamers.

13. Nekku

Nekku Well-Known Member

May 31, 2013
    Does that mean it wont be fixed at all? :(
    I mean, it's not like that the GPU cant handle it because it works like intended after reloading the save state but it just becomes messy after playing for a while so I guess there is something which is messing it up at some point. It looks too beautiful to just set it to 'off', sorry. :/

14. dacalo

dacalo Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2009
    While reading this thread, I saw people mentioning cancer so I went to their website and did some reading. I love Sam's courage and optimism and it's awesome how this game is some kind of a positive byproduct from the remission. I will be definitely buying the game to celebrate and to enjoy the awesome game you guys created!

15. anth_oh_knee

anth_oh_knee Member

Aug 12, 2013
    BS devs: fantastic job. Your journey has truly been inspirational and you deserve every bit of success that comes your way.

16. bscotchshenani

bscotchshenani Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2013
  17. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Thanks for the link. Great read! I too grew up in the age of RTFM before starting a game.

18. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    It might be too early but I'll just say this is my Game of the Year right now :D

Btw @ bscotchshenani - Is it possible to make the icon a bit better resolution for iPhones in an update? It just bugs me a bit that it's really "jaggy." This may or may not be the case but since I do graphic design what may have happened is using a too high res image and downscaling it without any smoothing. Either that or the original resolution was just too low. I seriously think such an epic game deserves a perfect icon so everyone can look at it all the time on their home screen.

If you want to see how it looks on my home screen I can show you a screen capture as well if you don't know what I'm referring to. A comparison of an amazing / perfect sharpness icon would be "Wayward Souls" if you have that app!

19. ItouchBrett

ItouchBrett Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2008
    Oh I know about the champions and stuff in your games. I have played every game you have released. I love them all. I switched to normal. Man I love this game

20. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    i've only been playing ten minutes but stopped to set up and account on steam and pick it up there too - downloaded the soundtrack as DLC too even though I have no idea what that does - properly looking forward to tucking in after the kids have gone to bed. Top drawer stuff.