Universal Crashlands (by Butterscotch Shenanigans) - TA GotY 2016

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    despite the vstick never arriving which i wanted especially for the iphone, i am restarting it once again after two years. This is an ios classic in all its glory.
    Now just to figure where i want the hotbar to be for easy access to these gadgets on the 6plus screen :)

2. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
  3. Mojo0070

Mojo0070 Active Member

Feb 19, 2014
    My favourite studio, and a masterpiece of a game. I’m definitely starting again with this update

4. tjb

tjb Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Starting over too. Loving this game.

What would make me excited would be the editor they’ve been talking about for years. Being able to play other folks stories.

5. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Agreed.
    I've been working on my story since they announced the update...
    =X

6. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    #1727 L.Lawliet, May 14, 2018
    Last edited: May 14, 2018
    I started my butterscotch account 2 years ago and now I don't really like the username. I'm assuming that's impossible to change. With this new game-changing update I think I'll just make a new account and start all over, and then I'll have to add all the friends again..

Edit:

Well I'm dumb and looked at the website and you CAN change your username. However I just made a new account with that username I wanted this morning SMH.

7. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    This is siiiccckkkk. I literally redownloaded last week and started replaying from scratch only to see this update come through.

Amazing

8. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Has anyone else had issues with crafting equipment? I thought that each time you crafted something, the chance of getting a purple tier equip went up. But I've been getting white after white (I haven't counted, but is guess about 40 or so for both gloves and pants).

I don't know if it's just an issue with the level I'm working on (level 11 equips) or if it would be an issue with all levels of equips...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I could be remembering wrong about the chances of getting higher tier equips over time...
    Just thought I'd ask.

9. pathogen541

pathogen541 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2016
    So happy to see this, was not expecting this patch. This really does introduce something that was missing. I actually find myself enjoying combat so much more now. The carnage is so real. EXAMPLE: Bleed your enemies, then spread that shit with the plague injector to all nearby enemies, THEN USE THE ####ING LASER LEASH TO CONTINUALLY SHRED YOUR BLEEDING, DISEASED, AND SOON TO BE DEMOLISHED ENEMIES INTO PILES OF GROSS EMULSIFICATION. I can only imagine where the exploration update is going to go with things, but I can only hope its as awesome as this update. BSS is best.

I LOVE YOU BROS.

10. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Do the three “gong fish” actually exist??

I have completed every quest/storyline with the execption of the final boss and nothing. Been fishing for days!

11. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    Anyone tried 2 controllers? I know some games support this for coop (Death Squared).

12. Rangerlump

Rangerlump Well-Known Member

Jan 20, 2010
    I just tried 2 controllers (a nimbus and a moga rebel), worked perfect.

2 player local coop both using controllers.

Thanks devs!!!!!

13. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Can someone tell me how to get the grasslands Tak quest going that I unlocked through Quadropus Rampage?

14. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
  15. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Awesome thanks :)

16. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Is it bad that I’ve decided I want to play this again and instead of carrying on with my game that has just over 12 hours playtime I clicked to start again!

Figured I’ve probably forgot a lot so it would be fun to start over and experience it all again. For some reason I never did finish the game...

and oh my...why can’t all games of this type have unlimited storage and just be so fun to explore, build and collect absolutely everything! What’s with all the storage chests and tiny inventory meaning you spend half your time managing your items.

L.Lawliet, andsoitgoes and Makara Nou like this.
  17. andsoitgoes

andsoitgoes Well-Known Member

I’ve been considering the same, actually. It’s been so long since I last played. Before I had an MFi controller, before I got my iPad Pro, I remember playing on my wife’s iPad Air 2 and going insane with the weird stereo sound hurting my ears.

I loved it. With all my heart. But I did also hate some of the stupid crafting mechanics and how hard it was to get the more rare items.

but I loved so much and would have had a much better time if I’d had a controller. Maybe I need to pick it up again.

ste86uk likes this.
  18. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    @andsoitgoes definitely worth trying again if that’s what bothered you last time. I love how old it is yet it’s still full screen on my iPhone X and has had UI changes along with the controller support.

The crafting I always actually liked as I thought it was better than most games of this genre as they always have limited storage and leave you messing around moving items about. I love just being able to collect and hoard everything I see.

L.Lawliet likes this.