Universal Crashlands (by Butterscotch Shenanigans) - TA GotY 2016

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. urban083

urban083 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Okay everyone. Thanks for the responses. Now I'm at a point in the game where grandmammy wants me to make an omelette but I don't know where to make it or how to track it to know if I have the materials. Is there a way to quickly track something?

2. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Wow so I've played some more and now can access the elder stone, but haven't tried it yet. I'm trying to make the lons gear but I need all this gulanti stuff and they're so hard to kill even though I have the armor preceding lons, and am using the tundra fish weapon.
    What should I do?

3. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Make a home and put all of your workstations there. Just check all of them for it.
    Unfortunately the only way to track items is to track them in the workstation.

4. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    #1604 Duivs, Mar 28, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2016
    DAMMIT!
    I my Gulanti killed Hewgo just after I died (unfortunate timing, I know), so I got the trophy and achievements, and spawned back on the ground but missed all of the dialogue. Guess I'll just google it

Edit: So I actually got most of the dialogue, except next to the crystal and not at the battle arena...also the machine is still firing blue lasers because the cutscene didn't happen haha
    I doubt there's any repercussions

5. collider

collider Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 22, 2013
    CEO/Owner Collider, Inc.
    NYC
    If you go to the workstation that the recipe is in, you can click on the "Track" button which will put your ingredients and how much of each you have/need in the upper right hand corner of your screen. However you can only track one recipe at a time, and you can't switch without going back to the workstation.

The notes app with checklists and split screen view on my iPad pro came in very handy when I wanted to epic up 7 creatures at once :)

6. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I just received a mail from YoYo Games which states "...Exciting news! A feature length documentary is being made following the development story of one of our favourite GameMaker titles, Crashlands...".

I never, ever would have thought that Crashlands was made with GameMaker Studio, so I double-checked with GameMaker blog and there it was: GameMaker Studio is the engine behind Crashlands. Amazing!

7. spsummer

spsummer Active Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Read today about big update that's about ready, several upgrades to the map including

"You can now see all the NPCs you have encountered on the map. They will also have an indicator over their head if they have a quest available for you, or if you have a quest to turn in to them. You can also click an NPC to select it and see its name."

Sounds awesome.

8. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    That's why I should wait a while before playing games. lol

9. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    #1609 JohnnyClash, Mar 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2016
    Yep, this is the fine line that we cross when jumping on the bandwagon.. I feel your pain.. I download these games, give them the 'ole college try'.. and then 'wait' for the good updates to roll in.. Seems to be a major part of my gaming life.. This ensures that I keep a plump and interesting backlog at all times, at least..

And on the bright side, it gives me some form of 'gaming news' to follow that I have direct relation to..

10. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Update sounds great... Played a lot and than got busy so can't wait to jump back in!

11. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Unfortunately, the daily plays are over.
    When I got to the Tundra, the game lost major momentum for me.
    It has become too much of a chore to figure out any of the current quests I need to complete. Where to go, what to do.
    Should have made signs near each character and where they are too, for that matter.
    The quest system is the only major flaw in this game for me personally, but unfortunately this is a core driver in order to keep the game going and flowing.

12. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    See the post four above your own! :)

13. collider

Patreon Bronze

Mar 22, 2013
    CEO/Owner Collider, Inc.
    NYC
    78 hours, 34 minutes. Longest I've put into a game in years. I enjoyed every minute of it.

I failed the last boss about 6 times with the vomma, so I went back, stocked up on every consumable I could (I think I ended up with 15 or 20 in my list!), made a ton of "the big one" bombs, and went in with dbot and chrono shifter and pipey healing. Oh, and got the megagong as well. And the epic gallum worked pretty well, but I think with all that extra stuff the vomma would have been fine.

I have 2 pets not epic-ed up, so I'll go back and do that, and build a nice house for flux to retire in, and then wait patiently for the world creator.

The writing on this game is priceless. The art is fantastic, the humor outstanding and the balance of all the characters is damn near perfect. I'm sure the next update to the map will be super helpful, but I was able to figure stuff out leaving lots of signs (And looking at appunwrap's write up on one section where grandmamy was confusingly in 2 places at once...). Easily game of the year for me...

14. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Yeah, terrific game. A shoo-in for GOTY - and if it's not, I can't wait to play the winner. Did about 55hrs - including several hours of just fishing for the Bawg gong - never got it, so never got the Megagong.

15. collider

Patreon Bronze

Mar 22, 2013
    CEO/Owner Collider, Inc.
    NYC
    I built up a grid of about 20-30 fish holes with fish food at my home base in the tundra and just bombed them every chance I got. I would have done the same in Savannah and bawg if I had known to look for them. In all 3 cases I already had a better weapon than the single gongs, so I was glad to discover the megagong. It looks like you can roll the mega again for better stats, as I already fished out a new bonkagong. I'll have to go back and fish out the other 2 and try again just for fun.

16. spsummer

spsummer Active Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Update coming this Thursday!

17. TheVimFuego

TheVimFuego Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2014
    I hear you, I loved the game up until the Tundra then just stopped playing for some reason.

The new update sounds great though so I'll be diving back in.

18. Son of Anarchy

Son of Anarchy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2015
    Male
    Shadow Runner
    Australia
    #1618 Son of Anarchy, Apr 14, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
    The 'Quality of Life' update is now here...

Edit: So many changes, so good... the map is now a pleasure to navigate. Lots of subtle new touches and all for the (much) better. Definitely going to start again now, I can already tell the game will flow much smoother. Thankyou B.S.

19. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Yes! I've been waiting for this before picking the game back up again (the map was a hassle for me honestly).

After that hilarious update patch trailer, I've been checking my updates all day.

20. merrickal

merrickal Well-Known Member

Dec 15, 2012
    #1620 merrickal, Apr 14, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
    Thank you Butterscotch brothers for updating the map!
    I had so many quests I couldn't remember who was where. The map is clear and awesomer!
    Definitely getting right back into crashlands again because of this. Thanks again!

Edit: I just discovered I could set waypoints on a map... Had this game since launch and it has taken me until a map update to notice this... -_-;