Universal Crashlands (by Butterscotch Shenanigans) - TA GotY 2016

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Woah... trying to get my voma to epic level... but finding these big buggers to harvest their essence isn't an easy feat.
    Does anyone have a tip for this? Maybe a certain direction I need to venture in for best chance of encountering them?

2. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    The further you are from the centre of the map, the better, and they appear more frequently if you have a Gallum pet with you (not sure if you've unlocked this yet).

3. BlottoBrah

BlottoBrah Well-Known Member

Apr 12, 2013
    US
    Once you do find one (or any of the epic monster flavors), drop a sign in that area marking its existence. So when you need to farm, you can go back and they'll respawn.

4. urban083

urban083 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    #1584 urban083, Mar 7, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2016
    So I've been curious about this game since it came out but I'm wondering whether it's more suited for an iPad than an iPhone.
    I have an iPhone 6 (not plus).
    Opinions on if the interface is not clunky for a phone would be appreciated.

Been trying to keep my purchases down since I used to spend a dollar here and a dollar there which certainly adds up.

Edit: I don't own an iPad

5. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I own an iPad 3 and an iPhone 4S. I tend to play on the iPad, but on the 4S is perfectly playable too. You won't have any problems IMO.

6. panfried

panfried Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    +1
    Played and beat the game on my 5s, never had a single issue with the UI or screen real estate.
    The game crashed every time I got a phone call but that's a separate issue. Thankfully it auto-saves pretty frequently.

7. Galbora

Galbora New Member

Mar 8, 2016
    #1587 Galbora, Mar 8, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2016
    Hewgo

I would just like you all to know that the final Hewgo fight on insane mode is ridiculously hard. He does 160,000 damage out of my 158,000 HP. Going to go back at him with 99 shirknel bombs, dBot, chrono shifter, pipey healing potions, and Vomma pet. Should also probably bother to get a fourth accessory, most likely the clarm. In semi-related news, does anyone have any idea how to unlock the Vommaphone? It's been a long time of farming and I haven't got it. I know it's a random drop, but from what?

Tl;dr: Hewgo is super powered, need better gear

8. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Is there a known bug regarding the Shrouded Myths mission?
    Completed it some time ago, but when I return to Brickaback he doesn't mention it anymore and the quest is still stuck in my list despite it says Finished?
    Do I need to talk to someone else about this instead? Or?

Attached Files:

9. Galbora

Galbora New Member

Mar 8, 2016
    You need to go to the Haast spirit grounds and fight the Ynnix. Be careful, it's quite a boss fight. I recommend bringing a lot of bombs, dBot, the chrono shifter, and some health pots. Also be sure to have the best gear set you can currently have.

10. Galbora

Galbora New Member

Mar 8, 2016
    I did it

I killed Hewgo on insane made and got the achievement, but ok not sure which avatar it gives you. Does anyone know which avatar it is, as I would like to equip the correct one?

11. currymutton

currymutton Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2008
    #1591 currymutton, Mar 10, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
    --delete--

12. collider

collider Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Mar 22, 2013
    CEO/Owner Collider, Inc.
    NYC
    I just popped in to say... I don't think I've ever played a single game for so long since I was a kid (a looooong time ago) - I'm at 35 hours so far and only part way through the Bawg. I rarely have the time to finish a 2 hour game. This game is so crazy good it's insane.

Oh, and the Brubus "She took a dirt nap" thing had me laughing so hard I had tears. The writing is priceless on this.

13. kipbuis

kipbuis Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2013
    How many hours to finish the game?

14. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Depends on you. I think I spent over 50 hours getting it done, but wasn't racing through as I was enjoying it so much. I also gave up on trying to get the Megagong, the best weapon, after spending several hours doing nothing but fishing.

I reckon a normal playthrough would be 40-45 hours, though you can get it done a lot faster if you're not trying to get all the gear along the way.

15. collider

Patreon Bronze

Mar 22, 2013
    CEO/Owner Collider, Inc.
    NYC
    That sounds about right (not that I've finished yet). If I had just concentrated on the quests I'm pretty sure I'd be done right now, but I spend a huge amount of time screwing around. Such a great game.

If you want to save time, make a bunch of signs early on and every time you come across any epic creature, drop one - whether you're ready to fight them or not. I'm trying to epic up all of my pets, but having a tough time finding some of the creatures I need to defeat, particularly that darn gutterfly. (have one, but can't find the other and I forgot where he was - hence the sign advice :)

16. urban083

urban083 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Just downloaded this game last night after contemplating it forever and I'm loving it. Wondering though if I'm able to place a waypoint on the map that will show up as an arrow or something else to help me quickly get to my destination without having to check the map so often

17. collider

Patreon Bronze

Mar 22, 2013
    CEO/Owner Collider, Inc.
    NYC
    You will eventually be able to craft signs - I think you get that recipe pretty early in a quest to mark some areas.

18. Duke12

Duke12 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2013
    Or use the top right corner button just under home button on map screen

19. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Yes, crafting signs is helpful. I was addicted to this game but than life and other games got involved and when I return to this brilliant masterpieces crafting signs was helpful.

20. tjb

tjb Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Really looking forward to playing this game more. I finished it a few weeks ago, and I miss it. Hoping for the level editor to be released soon, and some quality player-created content to follow! I want more Crashlands!

I'd even buy it again if BS wrote a new story using the exact same engine!