Universal Crashlands (by Butterscotch Shenanigans) - TA GotY 2016

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. anarei

anarei Active Member

Sep 15, 2014
    @neto: did you pick up the first package in the middle of the room? After that, Juicebox should open the bottom door in that hallway to the right. You have to go down there to grab the second package, and then need to go back to the "main hallway" with three doors. After grabbing the second package, Juicebox should have opened the top door. When you go up, you'll get your SpaceWrench and can hit the shocking barriers to continue your escape. I hope this helps!

Please don't take any of those messages personally... It looks like some TA members let their excitement get the better of them and they forgot their manners when trying to be funny. I hope you enjoy the game :)

2. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    #142 Zeillusion, Jan 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
    I.cant.stop.

5-7 hours in.

They wanted to leave a legacy, they left a legacy.

The best iOS game I've EVER played.

The depth in this game is insane.

I want to throw money at them. How can I donate?

I might go out and buy an iPad to play this. I've been meaning to pick one up since I sold mine last year.

3. bababewey

bababewey Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2012
    Just want to add that the plays great on my iPad min1. No problems at all.

4. guzzla

guzzla Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 12, 2015
    I went ahead and created 4 more iTunes accounts and bought a copy with all of them. ;)

5. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    #145 Dailon80, Jan 21, 2016
    I was just teasing you anyway wasn't hating :)
    Anyways use your wrench to knock down the Barriers and proceed right until you get to the end a scene will play out and your world will begin
    Pretty sure that's right but hard to remember I just did it
    This is way better than don't starve I own that one too and this is just so many times Better. Once you get off the ship it rocks and what I have heard the world sizes are very big which is a plus too!
    No hard feelings and I'm sure you're a long time gamer like most of us on this site. 1986 got a NES and haven't stopped gaming since and games like this are a good reason why I'm not stopping anytime soon!

6. retrogamer83

retrogamer83 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011
    United Kingdom

Thank you. This is great to know..buying the game now!

7. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    2,5 straight hours of play later, enjoying the charm and humor, and the overall feel of the game, i go to the appstore.. How is this NOT in the Best New Games? I guess you didn't wanna pay the Apple Editors? ;)

Meanwhile, the Games section has nothing but "games" with names from 1, 11, 233 to 3048 in ALL Games Categories, of Whats new and What's Hot, in Action, Rpg, Simulation etc.

8. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Apple still doesn't take the gaming seriously and allow all these scams and fakes like minecraft 2 what the f everyone knows that was a scam. They need to be more picky about the right things instead of stupid crap.
    Now I'm
    Finally home so no posts from me for a long time as I will be crash landing for a while.

9. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    That is great to hear! Hopefully they will remember that when they optimize over time.

Downloading now!

10. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    The AppStore hasn't updated yet....

11. bababewey

bababewey Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2012
    I assumed that there were people waiting to buy until they had info on the device. I took a chance and bought it right away, very glad that I did.

12. zeroex

zeroex Well-Known Member

May 20, 2014
    Can someone please tell me how to use teleporters? Or where to find them? Thanks.

13. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Usually these games do something to ruin it and make me not want to play them but these guys weren't tight when making the game nor penny pinching thinking about let's sell inventory spaces!

Spent 3 hours on it so far and I'm enjoying the game and really like it. My main question at the minute is, it says I can deconstruct items I don't need/want but when I chose not to equip an item where does it go?

I'm getting the water bug someone mentioned earlier also as it looks a bit funky

14. SherlockEB

SherlockEB Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 22, 2013
    I was actually able to buy and download this game on my old iPhone 3GS
    It even worked, lagging terribly but it did work. Anyways it would be better if you guys made sure people couldn't download it on their ancient devices.
    I've been playing on my iPad and I'm liking the game a lot. I can't decide witch quest to go after what to craft next so I end up doing everything
    Pretty time consuming thing to do.
    I'm back to playing it now
    Have fun everybody.

15. geno11233

geno11233 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Well I passed out playing and woke up with a dead phone. I haven't had that happen to me since I was a kid and would wake up with my gameboy on the ground and the batteries scattered haha

AMAZING JOB DEVS!! This blows don't starve out of he water...

16. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #156 VirtualBoyFreak, Jan 21, 2016
    49 mins in. No problems whatsoever on my 4S aside from some slight slowdowns at night which I was already aware of. And they're far from making the game unplayable. And now back to... my daily routines as a family father :rolleyes: dying to play a bit more ASAP :D

No no no! This means increasing minimum iOS and leaving out compatible devices. Devs state clearly at the end minimum iOS and devices recommended. Anything below that is AT BUYER'S OWN RISK. I took the risk and it works perfectly for my needs on the 4S. I don't want my device left out because of people not knowing how to read...

17. esty8nine

esty8nine Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    To teleport just open the map and click on a teleport pad

18. bscotchshenani

bscotchshenani Well-Known Member

Feb 26, 2013
    YOOOOOOOO!

Re: Water visual effect bug
    This is just a problem with how some GPUs handle shaders. If it's being too weird, you can go to the main menu, go to "settings" and set "high-quality shaders" to "off".

Re: Recycling items
    On your equipment screen, tap any equipment slot to see all your items that go in that slot. Tap your helm slot to see all your old helms, etc... Then, tap the recycle button in the top right to turn on recycle mode, and then tap anything you want to recycle after that. There's currently a known bug where sometimes (can't figure out exactly when), after recycling multiple things in a row, the game won't let you recycle some random items. Still trying to track that one down!

Re: Old devices
    Good to hear that it works, at least! Unfortunately we have no ability to decide which devices the game is shown to. All we can do is basically hit checkboxes for 'iPhone' and 'iPad', and that's it. :(

19. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    To the devs
    St Louis is a great city to visit
    I go once a year and will be there in early May to see the cardinals. Thanks guys and I enjoy visiting, it's a great city. Glad you paid homage.

20. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    As I said before, you state clearly at the end minimum iOS and devices recommended. Anything below that is AT BUYER'S OWN RISK. I took the risk and it works perfectly for my needs on the 4S. I don't want my device left out because of people not knowing how to read... And I don't mind coping with slowdowns here and there. It's better than not being able to play at all, and I can't afford a new phone.