Universal Crashlands (by Butterscotch Shenanigans) - TA GotY 2016

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    I'm noy sure how far theough the Tundra you are. Certainly on Normal difficulty, those Slurbs won't one-hit-kill you if you've got the Lonsdaleite armour. If by "best possible set of gear" you just mean the best armour you've unlocked so far, try avoiding the Slurbs for now. Armour increases hugely in strength through the course of the Tundra, so it definitely makes a difference.

If you've got better armour, bear in mind that Slurbs are poisonous so don't do all their damage up front. Make sure you've got some powerful potions equipped so you can swig one as soon as you're hit and counteract the poison.

You might also want to try to craft a trinket that helps with health, like the life enforcer.

Otherwise, you can get better at dodging, or just throw your toys out of the pram and give a one-star rating to a game that you've obviously been enjoying enough to keep playing for at least 10 hours and probably more.

2. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Seriously?! Who's a space delivery gal gotta embiggen round here to get a telepad?

Attached Files:

3. Duivs

Duivs Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2013
    Guess what? Classified.
    Classified.
    Plot twist: Jessica

4. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Finally played catch up on this thread.
    It goes without saying this game is absolutely unbelievable. It doesn't happen often I buy the iOS version and the Steam version on top of that.
    It also doesn't happen often I play an iOS game this long since it's release, skipping every purchase that came out on the Thursday ever since then.
    And I am still in the Bawg at this point. About 22 - 25 hours in.

However... not all is perfect.
    In the early days of this thread, the notorious Bacon Fairy quest has been mentioned multiple times.
    But unfortunately I have not been able to find it anywhere.
    At one point I went back to Savanna and tried to finish all the quests and talk to all the locals there, but to this day... no avail.
    Is this a glitch? Can an entire side quest just... disappear?
    It's really annoying, because in the beginning I really wanted that Bacon Weed plant so I could grow it myself. It was quite tedious to keep harvesting it at the time.
    If someone could please shed some light on this matter I'd greatly appreciate it, thank you. :)

5. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    There's a whole series of side quests in the Savannah that ultimately leads to the Bacon Fairy. There are two guys that set you off somewhere a little south/southeast of the crash site.

6. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    Is finding the loon tha moves frequently through the Bawg supposed to be this hard? I've not been able to finding him.

7. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Yeah, that's a tough one. He doesn't actually move through the Bawg at all; he's in a fixed location
    about 6 squares north and 2 west of Toochoochooinax

8. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Someone else on Reddit described the quest-givers' location as: "slightly to the north of Powaapol." I can't remember exactly where myself.

9. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I found him, mr_bez. Thanks! I though he was wandering.

10. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2011
    The Netherlands
    Cheers. I'll see if I can find them.

11. curtisrshideler

curtisrshideler Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I don't know why I thought touch integration was added to the world map in the last update. Is that still something that might be coming?

12. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Freelance journalist and writer, amateur musician
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Right now, a fully touch-centric map (swipes to move, pinches to zoom, etc) is probably the biggest quality of life improvement Butterscotch could offer us pink argonauts out there in the fields of the dead, dying and absurdly struggling to live.

Oh, and map notes. Map notes would be luverly.

13. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yeah, map notes would be nice. However, crafting and placing signs has been pretty helpful. With that, I've been able to mark the things I've needed to go back to easily enough. And I love that I can write whatever I want on the signs!

14. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Perhaps the ole' noggin' is not what it used to be. Will sign text display on the map as well? But yeah, very nice either way!

15. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    Yup! Just plopped another sign down to double check. You can label the sign with text or choose from 4 icons I think.

16. Ayjona

Ayjona Well-Known Member

Sep 8, 2009
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Right. So scratch my map notes suggestion, and just focus on bringing us touch-navigated maps, Butterscotch :)

Thanks!

17. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    WOW! Nearly 24h without messages in this thread... Nearly :D I have to get to play this again. Been too busy these last weeks to play much.

18. curtisrshideler

Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2011
    Male
    Video Producer/Editor
    Texas
    I'm almost 9 hours into it and I'm still in the Savanna. I've been taking my time because it's just so much fun. Every time I go to do something, I get side tracked because I think, "Man, I'll need that grass or wood." And because I don't have to manage my inventory, I just love picking up everything!

19. Dankrio

Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    I've just got to Tundra and have put almost 35 hours into the game, taking my time exploring and crafting.

I can say it one of the most enjoyable games I've ever played, not only on iOS. And I've never into the whole "Minecraft" stuff.

Def a gem that people should give a try.

20. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    And Vstick control with a smart interact button please! It's so much better when your hand and finger don't cover half the screen to tap somewhere. And much easier to play if you have to actually hold your device when not on a table. I know i'm repeating my post pages back, but come on!