Universal Crashlands (by Butterscotch Shenanigans) - TA GotY 2016

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. twispby

twispby Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2012
    What the tundra looks like after I finally found ONE epic slurb.

[​IMG]

2. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    #1502 mr_bez, Feb 12, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
    I just played for 10 minutes looking for Epic Slurbs and found 4. Trying to upload a map of where I found them but it won't work. Hunting at night with an Epic Gallum, I got:

* 2 in the Slurb field directly west of POW!
    * 1 in the Slurb field 2 map squares West and 3 North of Persuader's Point.
    * 1 in the Slurb field 3 map squares West and 1 South of Secret Keep.

I recommend carrying a bed and a piece of floor with you, so as soon as it starts to get light you can make camp, sleep until dark then pick up your bed and continue hunting. This also helps when hunting Blastcrabs, Wats and Glutterflies.

Edt: also jusr fou d a treasure chest containing at least one Sleepless Slurb essence here, plus a Sleepless Slurb guarding it.

Attached Files:

3. Wait, why are you only hunting at night? Slurbs come out during the day. Are there more of them at night or do epic Slurbs only come out at night? I can't remember what time of day I fought the one epic Slurb I saw.

4. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    The Epic ones are called Sleepless Slurbs so I decided to look for them in the night then started finding them pretty quickly. I finally saw one in the day, but it was by the treasure chest containing the Sleepless Slurb essence so don't know if that was representative.

5. #1505 AppUnwrapper, Feb 12, 2016
    Hmmm didn't know that could be a thing, where a version of a creature comes out only during m certain times. Will test it out and see if I find any.

Edit: Went out searching again at night and didn't find any. I did find two during the day, though, in the same spot. So I don't think night or day matters.

6. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Thought it seemed odd. Thanks for confirming.

7. Press2Play

Press2Play Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2012
    Bussinessman
    Philippines
    Finish the game but my recipe is 494/512 is it because of the perks from other bs games that i don't have? I look on every workstation but they are all complete Am I missing something I already have the megagong weapon.

8. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    #1508 mr_bez, Feb 12, 2016
    I have 509/512 and I've never played another BS game (at least not since I created my BS ID), so you must be missing something.

Edit: now 512/512. Try searching around each area, visiting all the people you've met and checking your items again. There is a thread here with someone else suggesting they have a similar issue to you, though.

9. Zamoofaboo

Zamoofaboo Active Member

Dec 11, 2015
    What the hell is the point of completing side quests in this game? 90% of them are "craft X of Y for me", and yield absolutely no reward whatsoever. Seriously? I just waste resources crafting stuff for ungrateful NPCs who don't even bother saying "thank you" and don't even give so much as 1 tree branch in return? The devs thought it would be funny to put in quests in this game where the only point of doing it is to get rid of the 3 floating dots above the NPC's head?

In every single game that has anything remotely resembling quests, I get something called a reward, often gold, raw materials, or at the VERY LEAST, a very well-written "thank you". This is like some weak attempt at trolling. Hey let's put in side quests in this game but make 90% of them yield no reward whatsoever and won't even unlock anything like achievements or storylines. You might as well just put in a function in the game called "destroy resources" that causes you to lose 5 of each crafting material each time you tap it.

10. Dankrio

Dankrio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jun 3, 2014
    What's the point of life? I find fun to do side quests, even if I am not rewarded like you thought should be done.

11. chaos_envoys

chaos_envoys Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2011
    Medical Doctor
    Pokke Village, Indonesia
    A sidequest game me recipe for fishing bait (creating fishing spots), another gives the always useful Dbot, another gives recipe for legendary weapon.. doing them is really fun, and I forgot about the quest that didn't give any rewards.. maybe becausw of the fun of it that I didn't notice...

12. drquicksilver

drquicksilver Member

Jan 7, 2013
    TL;DR? Great game buy it!

What a five star game! Just played it straight through - clocked about 40 hours I think, was enjoying the ride too much to hurry. Didn't get all the epic pets though.

I thought the combat balancing was fine, unlike some commentators - but at every point in the game you need to realise that some enemies are too tough, come back later. You never need to fight the guys who can one-shot you: you can return when you have better gear.

I had one quest glitch - the demon never showed up despite doing 100s of geysers. Perhaps he did and I didn't see him and I never went back to that spot? Fortunately it didn't matter.

I definitely *didn't* do most of my damage by pets. Part of the fun was learning the attack patterns of the monsters and learning how to duck in and hit them at the right time. My least favourite enemy was Throaks for some reason. I spent the second half of the game with the epic Wat simply because that was the first epic recipe I got all the ingredients for and it was fine.

As for side quests without rewards - some of them lead onto subsequent quests but I thought they all had a reward eventually - sometimes boring harvest bombs or elixirs thought. Anyway just doing the quest makes you collect more materials and recipes and learn new enemies so very little time is wasted.

For me the game was exactly the right length. The three biomes is genius : just as you're getting bored of a biome and all the materials are familiar you get a fresh start and refresh the feeling of discovery. And then again after the three biomes are done it has started to get a bit samey and it's the right time to stop!

My favourite gadget was the lightning storm one which gives you boosted hits for the next three hits : effectively double (approx) damage for three hits which fits in well with ducking in and out of hit patterns.

Great job butterscotch!

13. Endscrypt

Endscrypt Well-Known Member

May 8, 2012
    Got to agree with most of the comments' this game is so so so addictive' & it just gets better & better, Not even FF IX can get me off this one. Wish Butterscotch all the best and keep the great games coming, would love to see some extra content added to Crashlands in the future, wouldn't mind paying if it's a big add-on to the story.

14. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    Well it just came out two weeks ago lol can they enjoy the money first

15. Bohampscious

Bohampscious Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    Anyone have general location for Caarta in Tundra? Besides the "gong" quest, he's the last one I need to 100%.

16. twispby

Dec 28, 2012
    For me he was basically north of central pod guard and a tiny bit west. Sort of on an icy peninsula in a lake.

17. twispby

Dec 28, 2012
    My last recipe is for the foundry, it's an orange recipe and the silhouette looks a bit like a scorpion tail. Any tips on where to find it?

18. Bohampscious

Bohampscious Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2012
    #1518 Bohampscious, Feb 14, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
    Go to Vrrdunn's Fishery. I believe that quest line leads to that recipe.

19. chk1975

chk1975 Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    So after playing for 16h53m I finished the savanna.

Finished all quests
    Got every recipe
    Crafted every item at least once.

Time for the bawg!

Man I love this game.

20. twispby

Dec 28, 2012
    Trying to get the fish needed for the megagong. Does anyone know if you can get them using fish magnets? Basically exploding them out of the fishing holes, or do you have to manually fish them out?