Universal Crashlands (by Butterscotch Shenanigans) - TA GotY 2016

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Jan 21, 2016.

1. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Hmmm... You should be able to salvage gadgets, I agree. However, if you pack all four of your stunning mirrors, and there is a trinket in the Bawg that reduces the reload time... That's a serious amount of stunned time on the big bad guys.

As for the wat egg, just kill any wats bigger than the absolute smallest ones. The game is pretty good with eggs - it doesn't usually make you wait too long. You might even find you already have one at some point, but never noticed yourself picking it up in the confusion. That's happened to me a few times.

2. twispby

twispby Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2012
    I have yet to see any epic slurbs in the tundra. I got two epic alien energy, but I think it was quest related. I need 5 total for the epic embiggen item so I guess I'll keep wandering....

3. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Hint... the Essences you require are called Sleepless Slurb Essences.

4. I could only find 1 and then quit searching.

5. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Nah, I tried making two sprint gadgets for that reason, but when you use one the cool-down applies to both.

6. Spudboy

Spudboy Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Obviously your not a Costco member. Which is a totally acceptable reason to return strawberries to vacuum cleaners.

7. slamraman

slamraman Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Aug 27, 2011
    I have never once returned strawberries to vacuum cleaners.

8. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    am i the only one who would really like a Vstick and an interact button control method? touching and holding all over the screen is not practical for gaming when you dont play on a desk, and have to hold the ipad-iphone in one hand steady, and touch with the other instead of using the two handed gaming grip +5 YEAH!

Bscotch, any chance that you could add this control option in an update?
    Also, your humor is top notch!
    Edit: as you can see, it has affected me ;)

9. Aerys

Aerys Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2014
    Ok, got the egg and I think I finnished all the quest in 1st stage. Now I have first boss fight. Any suggestions (which animal, weapons...)?

10. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    I beat him with Tartil medium size pet, health pots, speed pots, and bleed/ poison gadgets, running around, hitting, and running away again.

11. HippoHumper

HippoHumper Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2013
    I tried this as well with the fetus-healing item but it doesn't work. I crafted 2 of them in an attempt to carry those while out exploring/looking for resources so I could cut down on using potion. The problem is even if you have more than one of the same item when you use one item the cool down is applied to ALL of the items. So I have two slots with the fetus-healing gadget but if I use one I can't use the other immediately after cuz it's on cool down as well. So yea it sucks I was planning to do what you did as well and craft a couple mirrors to keep the enemies stunned continually while I wailed on them but alas, 'twas not meant to be.

12. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Finally managed to get my Glazer to Epic status, giving me the full set of epic creatures. Getting those last few Gulanti Zeolites for the Slurb and Glazer was the real killer. I never want to see another Depressurized Larva or Bunnion!

Attached Files:

13. Zamoofaboo

Zamoofaboo Active Member

Dec 11, 2015
    #1493 Zamoofaboo, Feb 11, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
    +999

You're not the only one. I'm annoyed with tap-only option for movement too, considering the combat in this game isn't exactly turn based, rather 99% based on avoiding attacks. Most of the time your finger gets in the way of those tiny red circles. In fact most of the time your character won't be able to attack at all, your pet will do 100% of the damage, because 99% of enemies in this game will one-hit-KO you due to the ridiculous balancing. The only way to defeat enemies in this game seems to be hit it with a ranged accessory + run around til your pet kills it. This is like trying to play Mario with a tap-to-move control scheme.

Combat is definitely the weakest aspect of this game. Fortunately the resource collection is good enough to warrant lots of playtime.

14. Impressive! I gave up trying to find an Epic Tartil embiggening schematic and also gave up looking for Epic Slurbs. My map got so big and I only ever found one!

15. mr_bez

mr_bez Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2012
    I can't remember where the Epic Tartil blueprint came from. It's the Ten Tonne Bomb crafted wih the Bioloom.

Sleepless Slurbs popped up fairly easily for me, looking around the reddish-brown Slurb fields at night with my Epic Gallum in tow.

I now only have 4 blueprints left to find: three from the Crystal Kiln and what looks like a telescope from the Jackweaver.

16. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    If only the Butterscotch guys had fixed this instead of nerfing the poor vomma... Hadn't realised this. If this is the case, why even give the option of crafting multiple gadgets?

17. twispby

twispby Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2012
    I drop signs when I find epic creatures because they respawn in the same spot indefinitely. Now I just need to find the one epic slurb...

Where do you find the schematic for making the galvanized rib cage for the epic gullanti?

18. I dropped a sign where I saw the Epic Slurb (at least I think I did) but never saw it again.

19. Brrobotix

Brrobotix Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Under your bed
    #1499 Brrobotix, Feb 12, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
    Agreed, would love to be able to see the ground to avoid stuff instead of my finger. Hopefully they can fix that, shouldn't be too hard to add in a floating V-stick.

Is Vomma still worth using post-nerf? I'm in the middle of the Bawg missions right now, with the second level of vomma.

Also maybe they could buff the fetus healing thing? Crafting healing potions repeatedly gets really old, especially when you have to fish for components to craft them, which takes entirely way too long. But after trying it out, it's just not that helpful (we're talking about the thing that heals you for 50% of your health right?

20. speedyph

speedyph 🌊🌊🌊🏃🏃😂😂😂⚡️⚡️⚡️

Feb 3, 2013
    That's really #######cool man